Round 1, Pick #26: LIAM GREENTREE

VegasHockey

Luc says: how you doin'?
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jan 1 2006 -- Oshawa, ONT
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 211

Seems like the knock on him is skating which hopefully can be improved as he’s still very young. Seems like a lot to like about his offensive game but can’t find much about play in his own end.

Looks like we got good value with this pick!

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 44

Of all the forwards available at the 2024 NHL Draft, Liam Greentree might be among the hardest workers. The Windsor Spitfires were one of the worst teams in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season, posting just 18 wins in 68 games and allowing 360 goals against, the highest total by a wide margin. But they weren’t the worst and a lot of that is thanks to their captain, Liam Greentree, who put the team on his shoulders and made a strong case as to why he should be a top-15 pick for the 2024 Draft.

I am a big fan of this pick for a few reasons. Sure, he's got a great shot and excellent hockey IQ. For me, it's character that wins me over. He captained a weak team, and was one of the hardest workers. Let's bring in some future on ice examples that drive everyone to excel.

Lol. Statue4Deano beat me on this by like 30 seconds :). Well played.

I am a big fan of this pick for a few reasons. Sure, he's got a great shot and excellent hockey IQ. For me, it's character that wins me over. He captained a weak team, and was one of the hardest workers. Let's bring in some future on ice examples that drive everyone to excel.

I’m a big fan of the high character, heavy, physical forwards the Kings have drafted the past few years. I think we’ll start to see this strategy start to bear fruit at the NHL level as early as next season with Andre Lee and maybe Sammy Helenius getting some shifts on the 4th line.

Reminds me of PLD…. ;)

Do we think this is the pick the Kings would have made anyways, had they stayed at 21, and why they felt emboldened to trade back to 26?
I think they liked Hage, Stolberg, Greentree and a few others about the same. They knew they could trade back add a couple picks and still get a quality prospect.

I think they liked Hage, Stolberg, Greentree and a few others about the same. They knew they could trade back add a couple picks and still get a quality prospect.
Makes sense. Based on what we know as of today, it doesn't seem like the Kings could have gone wrong with any of the three. Ultimately I think Hage is a future star but Greentree and Stolberg project to fill sizable needs for our team. Seems like this plan really worked out for us.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back