Round 2, Pick #45: BROCK FABER

120875782_5232127703471376_1825153015931803608_o.png

From Steve Kournianos:

Brock%2BFaber%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2Bhockey%2Bscouting%2Breport.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know. Not sure if I'm a fan of this pick, in this spot. Not a bad pick, but seems like its a little bit of a stretch? Literally never heard of him before until now.

Edit- Missed the fact that we moved up to draft him, so I guess really wanted this guy.

Worth the trade of the two other picks ?

That's up to our scouts. From the mathematics of the trade value chart, I'd say no. Second and third round picks are generally similar in value so a 2 for 1 is not a good value. The 5-7 rd picks are generally worthless. That said, the Kings made a move last summer to move up and draft Fagemo and that was incredibly successful.

So who knows? I guess it is like gambling in general. Mathematically the house should win (2 picks usually > 1 slightly higher pick) but a savvy better can win at least in certain instances where the deck is favorable.

From Steve Kournianos:

(Note: Simontaival has the same birthday (different year) as Akil Thomas ---- Jan 2nd)

Kasper%2BSimontaival%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2Bhockey%2Bscouting%2Breport.JPG

I like this pick better than Grans, since Faber seems to have a more complete package (skating, some skill and hockey sense).

Faber seems to be in the mold of the "modern"-type D-man that is becoming more common in the NHL,
and along the lines of Bjornfot, Mikey Anderson and Cole Hults ---- As pros, all will be around 6'/200 lbs, with good mobility and quick feet,
solid (but not flashy) puck skills, and well-above average hockey sense, and defense-1st, but with some ability on the transition/counter-attack.

We've got a lot of this type in the org, but I don't believe that is a bad thing.

Had to Necro post on this. :rip_1:

interesting to look back on this thread....we basically got Kevin Fiala for a #97 pick. and, triplecrown was precognitive with this:

Faber seems to be in the mold of the "modern"-type D-man that is becoming more common in the NHL,
and along the lines of Bjornfot, Mikey Anderson and Cole Hults ---- As pros, all will be around 6'/200 lbs, with good mobility and quick feet,
solid (but not flashy) puck skills, and well-above average hockey sense, and defense-1st, but with some ability on the transition/counter-attack.

We've got a lot of this type in the org, but I don't believe that is a bad thing

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back