G34-Team-Stats.png

San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings

at
Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

Season Ticket Member Appreciation Night
Reverse Retro Jerseys

Tonight’s Giveaway - Adrian Kempe Reverse Retro Bobblehead

TOY DRIVE - bring a new, unwrapped toy & get raffle tickets for prizes!

Previous Meeting

11/25/22 - Kings 5, Sharks 2

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G34P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Trevor Moore, Pheonix Copley, & Todd McLellan 12/15 Post Game Quotes

Trevor Moore on a big team win over Boston
Great effort by the guys tonight, we battled the whole way. Copper stood on his head, Juice with two big goals, that’s a good team win.
Moore on the penalty kill and areas he feels it improved tonight
We talked about it yesterday, we maybe tweaked a couple of things. We want to be more aggressive, give their best players a little bit less time, block shots, all of that kind of stuff.
Moore on getting the shootout winner tonight
Yeah, it’s nice when the other guy didn’t score [first], you can just go out there and try and win it, that was good. It’s very nice, it’s a good feeling for sure.

Pheonix Copley on making the saves he needed to tonight, to keep the team in the game
I’m just trying to make the saves, not overthink it and trust myself. Whatever is going to happen, happens.
Copley on the grind of the group tonight to claw back from 2-0 down
Yeah, that’s huge. We could have easily packed it in, down by two, everyone knows these guys are good at home. To be able to push through and keep working until you’re able to find a way, that’s huge. These are the kinds of wins that you can build on, this is huge for us.
Copley on what he liked from the PK tonight
I mean, they’re blocking a lot of shots, so that’s huge from my standpoint. When I did leave rebounds, getting those cleared out was another big thing. We talked a lot about the PK, we wanted to be better tonight and it played a bit part in getting a win.

Todd McLellan on a “bring your own guts” type of comeback and victory tonight
I think it was that way from the beginning. There wasn’t a single individual happy with what happened in Buffalo the other night night, yet as I said, it was a confusing game. I thought the third period in Buffalo, we didn’t show the resolve that we showed tonight, so it was a good opportunity for us to answer and reveal the character that I think is in that locker room. To fight back, we even had to fight back in the shootout when we were down. Not an easy building to do it in, not an easy way to end a trip, a long trip, but we’re pleased with it.
McLellan on what he liked about the team’s response to going down 2-0
You can’t open it up against this team. You start playing run and gun, they’re very talented. The penalty kill was obviously much better and the goaltender was a big part of that, he made some incredible saves when they had some open nets and he gave us a chance to crawl back in. The powerplay, which didn’t do very much or wasn’t full of momentum much of the night, was able to get it done at the end. Proud of the guys the way they responded.
McLellan on the timly contributions on special teams tonight
We had to play them even on special teams or we wouldn’t have a chance. We had to wait until the end of the game to basically get it, but we needed it, just to guarantee the one point, and then the penalty kill on the carryover was huge. Momentum swings our way, sometimes it can frustrate the other group, I’m not sure if that happened, they’re a pretty stable veteran group, I don’t think they get rattled easily, but it can happen.
McLellan on if Pheonix Copley has given the team what it’s needed since he was recalled
I would say that. You know, he had the period in Buffalo where we weren’t very good in front of him, that was a complete team debacle if you want to call it that. But, everything else he’s done, all the minutes he’s played have been pretty solid. He’s giving us a sense of confidence right now.
McLellan on moving Kempe up with Kopitar and Fiala in the third and getting the results
We weren’t creating a lot of offense and that’d be two games in a row – actually, in Buffalo we created a lot – we just weren’t getting anything done and the game was getting thin as far as minutes left. We just thought we needed to do something and it ended up working out for us.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G34KF.png

G34KD.png

G28KG.png

Kings Injuries

Brendan Lemieux (IR)

Sharks Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G34SF2.png

G34SD.png

G34SG.png

G34SI2.png

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

G34GSK.png

G34GSS.png

G34-Players-To-Watch.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G34PSK.png
G34PSS.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G34-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - The Sharks are 3rd overall on the PK. The Kings are 28th. How many total goals will be scored on the PP tonight’s game?

ONE GUESS ONLY

Part 2 - Who is going to score the game winning goal?
You can take 6 guesses - split them up between the teams however you’d like, but you MUST PICK AT LEAST 1 PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM (you can't pick all 6 from 1 team)

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Following Game 32’s points fest, no one managed to guess the 1st goal time for the Bruins or the Kings within +/- 1:00 in Game 33.

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 25 points:

VegasHockey

24 Points

Kurisu
LeftyKing
srm1105

23 Points

22 Points

DRGinLBC

21 Points

beady eye
Bill Hicks
Liz4LA

20 Points

hornman
randdog
Rusty

19 Points

John a90
SirJW
sonnyboy11

18 Points

AngelEyes
forum gold
RoS

17 Points

Helvetica

16 Points

Clif
pray4mojo

15 Points

14 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
Drice
empire
TooCool

13 Points

jammer 06
Nyssa42

12 Points

KHenry14
Sevenhole

11 Points

hihocarp

10 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE
waynet

9 Points

CIrvine

8 Points

Busted Chops
Dr. Tran
kingsmen93
kopinator
notbob
Rogie-Vachon

7 Points

6 Points

beedee

5 Points

Byron
kingrussell

4 Points

Shackleford

3 Points

HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Dexter
Dirtweazle
JayWells24
PuckMaster

1 Point

Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:

I'm going to be at this one, so the Kings better win.

Kopi, Fiala, Kempe, Moore, Arvidsson, Meier

3 goals

Part 2 - Who is going to score the game winning goal?
Kempe
Moore
Fiala
Kopitar
Hertl
Sturm

4 PP goals

Danault, Vilardi, Kempe, Hertl, Karlsson, Meier

Thank you, Susan et al!

Sure hope they come out fired up from the opening face-off tonight. Too often we have seen the unfocused Kings in the first home game after a long road trip. Don't let the Sharks smell blood in the water, boys! Getting that 17th win tonight will be huge.

GKG!!!

1. 2 PPG

2. Kempe
Kopitar
Danault
Vilardi
Couture
Meier

GKG!!!

Zero ppgs.
Vlasic
Kopitar, Lizotte, Grundstrom, Fiala, Walker.

Thanks Nyssa!

Part 1: 2 goals on the PP

Part 2: Kings gotta win this one: Kopi, Kempe, Vilardi, Lizzo just because he deserves it, Fiala, Arvi.

go Kings! Working in Long Beach tonight once again cracking some nuts while others dance! Won't be able to even follow this one live so here is all my positive mojo for a solid Kings game and win!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back