Game Day Thread
Game #29/82
12/20/23

7:00pm Pacific on TNT, Max, and BSW

2023-G29-kraken-logo.png
2023-G29-Kings-logo.png

Seattle Kraken @ Los Angeles Kings
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA

Tonight's Giveaway - Quinton Byfield Bobblehead (full arena)

Previous Meeting

12/16/23 -- Kings 3, Kraken 2 (SO)

2023-G29-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**TNT, Max and BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Arthur Kaliyev & Todd McLellan 12/19/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Arthur Kaliyev
On the takeaways he had from tonight’s victory

I thought we played hard, got our game back, I thought every line had an impact on the game. We were rolling as a team. I thought we got back to the game that we played when we played well during that win streak. It’s great to see that again.
On the play he made for an assist on Anze Kopitar’s power-play goal
Yeah, I just made a line change with Q and just saw a rebound, quickly saw Kopi and just passed it to him. It was good that he buried it.
On the performance of the power play as of late, with goals in six straight games
Yeah, a lot of good progress. We have a lot of great players on two units, so we have confidence in any unit that goes out there and we’re doing a good job.
On the start to tonight’s game and how the Kings took over after opening the scoring
Yeah, they came out really flying out there, pressuring all over the ice, I thought we were not ready for a bit then we matched their speed and took over after that first goal. It was good to see, but they came out really hot off the bat.

Todd McLellan
On if he felt there were stylistic similarities between tonight’s win and the win over Seattle

Yeah, there were. I thought we checked as tight as we did against Seattle, we didn’t give up much. We were a little more creative offensively maybe then we were against Seattle, but the game management skills were there. Unfortunately at the end, we took the penalty and they got the power-play goal, that’s not the way we wanted to end it, but we’ll take the win, we’ll get home and try to get some rest and get ready for tomorrow.
On if there was any surprise in seeing the performance of David Rittich here tonight
Not at all. Coming out of training camp, he was very highly thought of, I think I mentioned that to you this morning and we felt we had three goaltenders that can play at any time. He, again tonight, all he did was increase our confidence in him and he in us. That’s a good sign.
On the play of Arthur Kaliyev, leading to Kopitar’s game-opening goal
An important component of a power play is the retrieval, so there’s always going to be shots and there’s going to be plays made, but your opportunity to score is often on that re-attack and the ability to go get something loose and pull a penalty kil out a position and Arthur did that. He was the fresh player in the line change and he went and found a loose puck and was able to put it into a scoring area and obviously Kopi did the rest production.
On another road victory and the team’s continued success playing away from home
You have to have the skill and the talent to win games and I think we’re blessed with that. More importantly, I think that skill and talent plays together and they play as a team. We follow our structure and I’ve been asked this before and I think I can answer it now. The difference between home and road is we play a simple, team game on the road. We hand off could shifts, sometimes when we’re home we play in pieces, we extend things, we get a little too cute. So, we’ve got to take this road game and put it in play at Crypto.
On if there’s any added importance in getting the win tonight over a divisional opponent
I think anytime you play a rival there is, it’s quite early in the season, first time that we’ve played against San Jose this year, so we really are just worrying about our game and ourselves, not necessarily the opponent. But, they are obviously a California team, one of the three that often play against each other, there’s a built-in rivalry that’s been there for years.

2023-G28-Pic2.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2023-G28-KF.png

2023-G27-KD.png

2023-G28-KGI.png

KRAKEN PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G29-KRF.png

2023-G29-KRD.png

2023-G29-KRGI.png

NO Former Kings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G29-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G29-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023-G29-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

At what time of tonight's game will the Game Winning Goal be scored?
You can take 5 guesses, but NO MORE THAN 3 PER PERIOD, and only ONE in OT
use the ___min:___sec of the ___ period format

you can also choose SO as one of your guesses
+/- 2:00 = 1 pt, +/- 1:00 = 2 pts, +/- :30 = 3 pts
ONLY YOUR CLOSEST GUESS
WILL COUNT FOR POINTS
Take your best guesses in your post below

the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS
Congratulations to the MANY posters who correctly guessed Kopitar would score the Kings first goal.
Nobody guessed MacDonald for the sharks:

Madness20721
AngelEyes
Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Rusty
Byron
Rog or Reg?
Drums4Pigs
Cross Traffic
SaltyPuck
puckoff
Guinevere
Jerram
sonnyboy11
rfischer
JETS GARAGE
SirJW
beady eye
notbob
Liz4LA
pray4mojo
hihocarp
hornman

Kings of the Mountain with 17 points -
CrossTraffic, notbob, Rusty

15 points = clif, hornman, Nyssa42

14 points = hihocarp

13 points = Angel Eyes, beady eye, Jerram, Kurisu, SirJW, VegasHockey

12 points = Byron, Chateau Bow Wow, CIrvine, Dr Tran, empire, forum gold, KHenry14, Liz4LA, mugs, Randdog, waynet

11 points = Guinevere, JayWells24, pray4mojo, puckoff

10 points = DRice, DRGinLBC, Rinkrat, Salty Puck, VCRW

9 points = dannybuoy1, katydid213, KernCoKingsFan, Shackleford, TooCool

8 points = Madness20721

7 points = jammer06, Rogie-Vachon, Sevenhole

6 points = Bill Hicks, Busted Chops

5 points = sonnyboy11

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, Ice24, rfischer, symbology

3 points = JETS GARAGE

2 points = Drums4Pigs, Ragbone

1 point = PuckMaster, Rog or Reg?, STONE

2023-G29-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

Last edited:
1.) 12:12 of the first
2.) 4:44 of the second
3.) 18:30 of the second (ice cream!)
4.) 10:00 of the third
5.) 2:22 of OT

18:19 2nd
12:01 3rd
8:00 3rd
19:01 3rd
3:03 OT

3:24 1st
8:43 1st
4:35 2nd
12:15 2nd
17:30 3rd

8:00 1st
10:00 2nd
15:15 2nd
12:00 3rd
15:00 3rd

Last edited:
Thanks for the GDT as always!! Yay I'm finally in double digits!! So Nyssa, seeing you at the top of the standings...a lesser person would be doubting your impartiality on the last one of these questions with ranges... I mean not me, but you know, someone might. ;)

• 15:37 of the 1st
  • 7:53 of the 2nd
  • 13:17 of the 2nd
  • 3:33 of the 3rd
  • 17:19 of the 3rd

1:30 of the 1st
12:20 of the 1st
12:20 of the 2nd
12:20 of the 3rd
1:00 OT

8:00 of the 2nd
14:00 of the 2nd
17:00 of the 2nd
6:00 of the 3rd
13:00 of the 3rd

12:00 - 2nd
14:00 - 2nd
8:00 - 3rd
10:00 - 3rd
2:00 - OT

17:28 - 2nd
5:55 - 3rd
14:07 - 3rd
1:47 - OT
SO

Out of town, so would love a QB bobblehead, if anyone has an extra. I have some old swag that we could trade. Will be at the EDM game on the 30th. Thanks for considering.

Thanks, Nyssa!
GKG!

14:30 of the 1st
12:10 of the 2nd
16:40 of the 2nd
2:22 of the 3rd
1:50 of OT

Back
Top Bottom