Crypto-Logo.jpg
| Los Angeles, CA

Previous Meeting

01/15/22 - Kraken 1, Kings 3

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G67-P11-Kempe2.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Phillip Danault, & Todd MacLellan 3/24/22 Post Game Quotes

Phillip Danault
On the mistakes tonight leading to goals against

Yeah, the third goal was my guy there in front, but we played well, to be honest. They were opportunistic and they took advantage every chance they had. I thought we played okay, a pretty good game, but they were opportunistic. They’ve always been like that, so that’s probably about it. Overall, I thought we played better [than in Vegas].
On correcting defensive zone mistakes quickly
Oh yeah, for sure. Like I said, that was my guy there and I got sucked in on the wall. There is no problem, it’s just little details that we can fix and it’s a huge a point no matter what happened.
On hitting the 20-goal milestone tonight
I have some great linemates, it’s working well and my lineys are giving me the opportunities to score. I get to the net and get my nose dirty, if I get to the front of the net, they just feed me. I try to be around there all the time.
On Sean Durzi’s performance tonight
Durz is a huge, huge part of our team right now. I think he always will be. He’s got a great attitude, he came in as a rookie and now he stands up for the boys. He shows up every single game, great plays out there. On my second goal there, it was a great, heads-up play by him, great poise. I think Durz is an awesome player, to be honest. It’s not just pumping his tires, it’s true. Outstanding for us.

Todd McLellan
On if he was more upset with chances missed, or the goals conceded

We had opportunities offensively to score, but giving up three, four if you count the shootout goal is not the way we win. Disappointed in that, but I thought just overall, first time in a long time, even with all of the defensemen out, that it looked disjointed between forwards and D. Whether it was passing and execution coming out of our end, defending in our zone, there wasn’t a lot of communication. Duplication between forwards and d-men, missed coverages from the back of the net, we have to clean that up if we want to have success moving forward.
On if those things above are an example of inexperience
It happens. You know what, you get tired, you make a mistake, you don’t communicate. The first thing that goes when you’re tired is your tongue, you don’t talk anymore. The third goal, along the boards, Phil and Jordan Spence chased the same guy. All you have to do is talk and you could have it sorted out like that. Communication kind of went out the door and our passing was atrocious. There were opportunites when the quarterback hit the receiver right on the hands and he dropped the ball and there were other times when I don’t know where the quarterback was throwing it. It needs to get better.
On getting a point from a night with all of those mistakes
I think our goaltender played pretty damn well. He made some real good saves in tough situations that allowed us to get the point. Mooresy a shorthanded goal, Phil burrowing in around the net and finding the garbage. They continue to provide us with their “A” games, we were just a little short on bodies tonight in terms of “A” games go.
On Viktor Arvidsson’s first game back
I don’t think his gas tank was quite as robust as it was earlier, but that’s going to happen after three and a half weeks of watching games and not being able to skate, with the type of injury he had. I think he’s going to get that back really quick.
On Phil Danault hitting 20 goals and if that’s a validation of the offense the Kings thought they’d see when signing him
I would think so, yeah, with more to come. I believe he can continue to play the way he has. Adjusting to a new team, us trying to figure him out, him trying to figure us out, it takes a while. That’s what the first 10 games are for, but since then, he’s been an offensive force.
On if he believes Alex Iafallo has lost his confidence at the moment
I don’t believe in losing your confidence, I don’t know if it just falls out of your pocket or whatever. I think that he’s had real good opportunities and he’s probably shooting a little bit too fine, the spot he’s looking at is just getting smaller and smaller. Get it off a little bit quicker, find a garbage goal in and around the net. He came down on the 2-on-1, made the right decision to shoot and right into the mitt. When it’s going for him, he’s finding big holes to score on and right now he’s shooting at little holes. Once it comes, it will come.

G67P2-AI.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G65KF2.png

G65KD2.png

G65KG.png

Kings Injuries

MIkey Anderson (LTIR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Tobias Bjornfot (DtD)
Dustin Brown (IR)
Drew Doughty (IR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Matt Roy (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Kraken Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G67KRF.png

G67KRD.png

G67KRG.png

G67KR1.png

NO Former Kings

G67P7.png

GOALIE STATS

G67GSK.png

G67GSKR.png

G67P5.png

PLAYER STATS

G67PSK.png
G67PSKR.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE WILD CARD STANDINGS

G66-WCStandings.png

G67-P1-Durzi-Quickj.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

**TWO GAME QUESTION**

Part 1 - How many TOTAL goals will the Kings score against the Kraken in both tonight’s game and Monday’s game?

You can take 2 guesses

Part 2 - How many TOTAL SOG will the Kings get in both tonight’s and Monday night’s games?

You can take 2 guesses - +/- 3 = 1 point, +/- 2 = 2 points, +/- 1 = 3 points, dead on = 4 points.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Debrincat would score the game winning goal - he is credited as such in the official stats:

Kurisu, Dr. TranJayWe, lls24, CIrvine, jammer06, VegasHockey, DRice, STONE, Helvetica, dannybuoy1, John a90, kingsmen93, srm1105, Ragbone, pray4mojo, hornman, AngelEyes, Rogie-Vachon, Busted Chops, kingrussell, JETS GARAGE, Shackleford, sonnyboy11, hokiecat, Rusty, Reg or Rog?, LeftyKing, notbob, Bill Hicks, forum gold, Chateau Bow Wow, Nyssa42, Liz4LA

Poll Win Totals

***NOT UPDATED***

King Of The Mountain
with 49 points:

srm1105

43 Points

Reg or Rog?

41 Points

40 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
LeftyKing

39 Points

Kurisu
Liz4LA
Sonnyboy11
VegasHockey

38 Points

Rusty

37 Points

Chateau Bow Wow

36 Points

35 Points

DRice

34 Points

Bill Hicks
Helvetica
hornman
jammer06
pray4mojo

33 Points

hokiecat
notbob

32 Points

Nyssa42

31 Points

Dr. Tran

30 Points

JayWells24
kingrussell

29 Points

Busted Chops

28 Points

27 Points

dannybuoy1
KHenry14

26 Points

25 Points

Byron

24 Points

SirJW
STONE

23 Points

Shackleford

22 Points

CIrvine
empire

21 Points

Rogie-Vachon
Sevenhole

20 Points

19 Points

forum gold

18 Points

JETS GARAGE
TooCool

17 Points

Clif

16 Points

randdog

15 Points

cokingsfan

14 Points

DRGinLBC

13 Points

Dirtweazle
PuckMaster

12 Points

11 Points

beedee
Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer
kingsmen93

5 Points

waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G67-P9-Maatta.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

65, 77

Looking forward to seeing what this team can do against the Kraken

Thanks Nyssa!

7 or 10 combined goals

69 or 77 combined SOG

8 or 9 goals
69 or 76 shots

I'm going to be out of town through late Sunday, so no WTS until Monday. Unless someone would like to take that on.

Edit: Of course, assuming the Kings win....

Thank you, Susan et al!

I hate this quote:

On if he believes Alex Iafallo has lost his confidence at the moment
I don’t believe in losing your confidence, I don’t know if it just falls out of your pocket or whatever. I think that he’s had real good opportunities and he’s probably shooting a little bit too fine, the spot he’s looking at is just getting smaller and smaller. Get it off a little bit quicker, find a garbage goal in and around the net. He came down on the 2-on-1, made the right decision to shoot and right into the mitt. When it’s going for him, he’s finding big holes to score on and right now he’s shooting at little holes. Once it comes, it will come.

Someone needs to remind McLellan about the definition of insanity. Iafallo's confidence is completely shot and he needs to sit and watch for a couple of games.

GKG!!!

Thanks Nyssa!

Part 1: 7 or 8 goals.

Part 2: 68 or 76 shots on goal.

Go Kings! Working tonight so will listen to the recap on way home. Happy to be working tonight because it means some work is coming back.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back