Select-A-Seat for STM and Section 112 changes

markm

TEAM LGK
I just received an email indicating I could change my STM seats for the 2023-24 season. I'm keeping my full-season seats, but I've been moved a couple of seats over because they are reconfiguring my section, Section 112, which is down in the lower bowl.

They are adding what I'll call 'luxury seats' in the first nine rows of the section. Looks like they are also adding an aisle/tunnel down the middle of section 112.

Edit: I should add that the new seats seem to be much wider than the old ones, 6 seats in each row are taking up the space of about 8 old seats. For those who don't where Section 112 is, it's in the lower bowl, halfway between the goal and the red line (on the Kings' championship banner side), and is on the penalty box side of the ice (so you get a good view of the two benches). Also, I had no option to select any of those new seats, so I'm guessing they will be part of a luxury arena all-event package, similar to existing box seats on the purple level.

52807609991_13759d969e_h.jpg

Last edited:
interesting, used to be in that section 3rd row. Wonder what those luxury seats will be like and how they are moving people effected by that change.

I'm in 328 - after next season (2023-24) my section and others are being blown out.
I have an option of switching now or waiting until after next season's STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON...hopefully...
Been in 328 for over a decade - but arena "improvements" making me lose my great little section.
FaxEfsJX0AAJn_X.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I re-checked my email, and noticed that it included more detailed information about the arena changes:

Renovations that May Impact Your Decisions
There are numerous renovations to Crypto.com Arena that will be done over the next couple years. Here are a few you should be aware of as you make your relocation decisions.

Sections 101, 102, and 119 will become a club member product starting with the 2024-25 season. Members in these sections will have access to an exclusive club that includes food and beverage. This exciting, new product will come with elevated prices in years to come when it is ready (again, not for the 2023-24 season). This is an opportunity now to move into these sections so you have the best seat locations available when these clubs are ready in future seasons. If you don't think you'll enjoy these amenities and the prices that come with it, this could be a good opportunity now to relocate into comparable seats in 110-112 that won't have the club inclusion.

Section 101 has added three rows to the top of the section with row 20 now being the final row. As mentioned above, these seats will be part of the future club in 2024-25.

A portion of section 112 is undergoing a renovation to install four Tunnel Suites. The representation on the seat relocation portal is only a model and should not be relied upon to determine entries, handrails, etc.

The majority of sections 325-328 will be removed prior to the 2024-25 season to create a completely reimagined City View Terrace connecting the outside to the arena. Members in those sections can remain in them for the upcoming season but may want to consider relocating now if the right opportunity is available.

Hmm city view sections ?

Don't the goalies complain when they can see daylight ?
I thought Broduer had a complaint about it being distracting .

Also more tunnels ?
Seems like a bad move for concerts .
The crypt already sounds kinda funky with
all the tunnels already there creating weird
surfaces for the sound to bounce off of.

Wow, those upcoming changes look awful!

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The lower bowl sounds like excuses to squeeze more money out of people. The Kings are getting on the bandwagon with limited access club seats on the side. I think 1/3 to 1/2 of the arenas I've visited in the past couple years have club sections now. The upper bowl changes take the Kings shoot twice sections and make them into City View Terrance non-seats. I know every time I go to a Kings game, what I really want to be doing is drinking and yelling outside rather than watching the game indoors. /s Those changes seem bad for hockey and concerts.

Here is a link to some renderings: https://www.aegworldwide.com/press-center/media-asset/cryptocom-arena-renovations. Plenty of these proposed changes are "interesting".

Asked Luc about these changes. He is most excited about....when the Clippers move ... then the KINGS locker room basically doubles in size.

Wow, those upcoming changes look awful!

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The lower bowl sounds like excuses to squeeze more money out of people. The Kings are getting on the bandwagon with limited access club seats on the side. I think 1/3 to 1/2 of the arenas I've visited in the past couple years have club sections now. The upper bowl changes take the Kings shoot twice sections and make them into City View Terrance non-seats. I know every time I go to a Kings game, what I really want to be doing is drinking and yelling outside rather than watching the game indoors. /s Those changes seem bad for hockey and concerts.

Here is a link to some renderings: https://www.aegworldwide.com/press-center/media-asset/cryptocom-arena-renovations. Plenty of these proposed changes are "interesting".

I agree!!! I feel like they are completely trying to squeeze out us "little guys" and cater solely to people with the big bucks. Becoming a full-time Reign fan is looking better and better all the time despite the hell-drive from the West Valley. I just want to watch hockey. I don't care about "City View Terraces" or fancy, expensive restaurants - How about just charge me 7-11 prices for some m&ms and a Wetzel Pretzel and I'll be quite happy?

And don't even get me started on the non-stop onslaught of noise and "entertainment" during the games. It is becoming unbearable. I feel like such an "old lady" because I do not understand how this new trend of constant loud music is a pleasant experience for younger people and young families. I went to the Dodgers game last Sunday afternoon with an extended family group, got there about an hour before game time to spend some time together, and we couldn't even talk to each other in our seats because there was music playing so loudly in the ballpark! I love music of all kinds...just don't need it playing constantly at an ear-damaging level.

*old lady rant over* (for now.....)

This renovation seems ill-conceived with little benefit to hockey fans.

Staples/Crypt/whatever has always been Haves versus Have-nots. This is just another effort to service the Haves at the expense of the Have-nots. The arena is set up to give great views and services to the relative few who have the means to pay for it. Everyone else are considered peons and are squeezed into the "fast food" version of sporting events.

All this is furthering a horrible in-game experience. I go once a year, and every year we hate the experience. I hate paying $100 to go to a game and be inundated with advertising. I put in my opinion to arena management, but things don't change (which basically means the arena doesn't care about what I want in the experience).

In sum... this is not going to motivate me to go to games.

This renovation seems ill-conceived with little benefit to hockey fans.

It's not for hockey fans.
AEG does not want your average joe hockey fan $$$.

They want corporate $$.
This is the Dan Beckerman model. You can see his former CFO hands at work here.

AEG is bad for sports.

I agree!!! I feel like they are completely trying to squeeze out us "little guys" and cater solely to people with the big bucks. Becoming a full-time Reign fan is looking better and better all the time despite the hell-drive from the West Valley. I just want to watch hockey. I don't care about "City View Terraces" or fancy, expensive restaurants - How about just charge me 7-11 prices for some m&ms and a Wetzel Pretzel and I'll be quite happy?

And don't even get me started on the non-stop onslaught of noise and "entertainment" during the games. It is becoming unbearable. I feel like such an "old lady" because I do not understand how this new trend of constant loud music is a pleasant experience for younger people and young families. I went to the Dodgers game last Sunday afternoon with an extended family group, got there about an hour before game time to spend some time together, and we couldn't even talk to each other in our seats because there was music playing so loudly in the ballpark! I love music of all kinds...just don't need it playing constantly at an ear-damaging level.

*old lady rant over* (for now.....)

Don't beat yourself over it....I've been around since 1974...I loathe: THE ROYAL ARMY (stupid), THE ARENA DJ VIC (his music blows), THE ONLY 2 CELEB VIDEOS (Snoop & Will), BAD MUSIC IN GENERAL (Just play rock), THE SILLY IN GAME CONTESTS (except the hot sauce. That's funny) and THE ARENA PA DUDE. "L.A. Kings Goooooooal...."

Oh - and the Kings are straight out copying Vegas: Drum Line? Pre-game siren...I mean...drum pound by a fan? What's next? Cheerleaders in the aisle?

Staples/Crypt/whatever has always been Haves versus Have-nots. This is just another effort to service the Haves at the expense of the Have-nots. The arena is set up to give great views and services to the relative few who have the means to pay for it. Everyone else are considered peons and are squeezed into the "fast food" version of sporting events.

All this is furthering a horrible in-game experience. I go once a year, and every year we hate the experience. I hate paying $100 to go to a game and be inundated with advertising. I put in my opinion to arena management, but things don't change (which basically means the arena doesn't care about what I want in the experience).

In sum... this is not going to motivate me to go to games.

I went to the Vancouver game on March 18, my first post-covid game and got seats in a B-level suite (not sure I'm a "have") and noticed a couple of things: A. The suites have been remodeled from the original decor and have a very cheap feel to them. B. The food choices on the A level Suite / premier seats concession area has been dramatically reduced to almost nothing. The menu choices were just embarrassing for a big-city arena. My girlfriend in I got two
Wetzel pretzels and two beers ($64...no exaggeration). So yes, these are truly first world "problems",........But my point is that arena that the Kings play in Does Not do a good job of providing services to the "haves".

Don't beat yourself over it....I've been around since 1974...I loathe: THE ROYAL ARMY (stupid), THE ARENA DJ VIC (his music blows), THE ONLY 2 CELEB VIDEOS (Snoop & Will), BAD MUSIC IN GENERAL (Just play rock), THE SILLY IN GAME CONTESTS (except the hot sauce. That's funny) and THE ARENA PA DUDE. "L.A. Kings Goooooooal...."

Oh - and the Kings are straight out copying Vegas: Drum Line? Pre-game siren...I mean...drum pound by a fan? What's next? Cheerleaders in the aisle?

the hot sauce is my least favorite "contest", lol (I think it's stupid) - and the arena announcer, Trevor, has grown on me.

I don't care what music they play - just wish they would pull it down by about 30%!! And I wish it was NOT played by DJ Vic.

I went to the Vancouver game on March 18, my first post-covid game and got seats in a B-level suite (not sure I'm a "have") and noticed a couple of things: A. The suites have been remodeled from the original decor and have a very cheap feel to them. B. The food choices on the A level Suite / premier seats concession area has been dramatically reduced to almost nothing. The menu choices were just embarrassing for a big-city arena. My girlfriend in I got two
Wetzel pretzels and two beers ($64...no exaggeration). So yes, these are truly first world "problems",........But my point is that arena that the Kings play in Does Not do a good job of providing services to the "haves".

You're not spending enough...
My game day plan: go downtown early for a nice pre-game meal, go to the game, put in earplugs, maybe have a drink, enjoy the game, GTF out
I just hope I now don't have to bring sunglasses during day games to avoid the glare from the wonderful new panoramic windows so people can watch the skyline instead of the game.

How does everyone feel about the new policy that only young, thin people will be allowed inside Crypto? If you are unfamiliar with this policy, just check out all of the renderings at the link above.

How does everyone feel about the new policy that only young, thin people will be allowed inside Crypto? If you are unfamiliar with this policy, just check out all of the renderings at the link above.

It's fantasy....sizzle real videos and renderings of what it might look like. It clearly does not represent reality and the nearly 2/3 of Americans that are overweight.

Think of it like a concept car when it debuts....when it hits production it doesn't look nearly as cool as the concept.

I did spot one disabled person in a wheel chair....and a dude wearing shorts with dress shoes.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back