So...who ya' got?

R

Reg or Rog?

Lurker
I hate starting these types of threads. That means I'm bummed and the Kings season is over.

Oh well, at least there's some hockey left...

...and I get to root against Corey Perry and the Tampa Bay Lightning and Darnell Nurse and Evander Kane and the Edmonton Oilers. Whoever they are playing is my new favorite team. And I'd like to see New York and Colorado in the Finals, with the Rangers surprising everyone. But that ain't gonna happen. This is the Avs year...talk about a well-oiled machine.

Rangers and Flames are two teams I'll be rooting for. Hopefully past tonight.

With the Kings out, there's no one team I'm really rooting for. So, my thoughts on who wins are not based on who I want to win, but I think will win.
That said, TB (like them or not), until someone proves otherwise and knocks them out. I think FLA can be that team, especially if Point is hurt long term. Yes, Colorado looks unstoppable, but they've had issues in the 2nd round in previous years, and the Blues (only 3 years removed from a Cup) will NOT be easy.
In the end, I think Colorado will get by the Blues and go all the way.

KINGS R STIll IN IT11!

But yeah I dont care. Avs win.

I've been sorta accurate so far:

Da1v61j.png

Colorado and Tampa is my prediction.

If the Kings had won the game 7, which I think they should have or won game 6, they would have won the next round (Dallas or Calgary).
Colorado is a beast. I think it would have stopped there for the Kings. Ugh, does that mean Jack Johnson wins a cup?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see Carolina win it all. But I have to think that the team that wins the Battle of Florida will take the Cup.

Calgary Plus: Sutter, Lewie, Toffoli
Calgary Minus: Tkachuk, Lucic

Eff Calgary

This is pretty easy for me. I've hated the Rangers and EDM as long as I can remember so I need Calgary to win tonight so EDM doesn't get an easier opponent. Besides I don't care much for Dallas either. Plus the fact I wanna see the Battle of Alberta really bad. I just want to see those teams kick and *hit out of each other. I'll be pulling for Calgary though. The last time those teams met (1991) it was the most brutal series I've ever seen so maybe this one will be as good (bad!).

In the East I'm rooting for the Pens against NY (see above) and now that Toronto is out of it the Rangers are the only team I loathe.

What do I think will happen?: Not sure but IMO the best team is Colorado....we'll see what happens.

jom

I'm still rooting for the Hurricanes, although I actually think they will lose to the Avs in the Final. I haven't been able to follow them much this season - I don't even know the whole roster right now.

sorry, jom.....Rangers won. Inexplicably.

pretty sure all 3 or 4 brackets I made are completely blown because I thought sure the Rangers would choke.

Ditto.

Other people I am unable to hope succeed:

Corey Perry
Ryan Reaves
Joe Pavelski
David Perron
Mike Smith
Evander Kane
Darnell Nurse

That's a good list.

One person who I also hope never wins the Cup would be Joe Thornton. While I would like the Panthers to win one... I don't want that to happen while he's on that team. I know he hasn't played much this year but damn it, no free rides!!!

Well, Calgary just won so we finally get a Battle of Alberta. It'll be a fun watch. Oettenger (sp?) was amazing for Dallas and stopped 60 shots or some such but it wasn't quite enough.

jom

Rooting for Tampa Bay. It's rare to see a 3x in a row winner I'd like to see it. They are playoff tough and it hasn't happened since 1983... when I was barely watching hockey. And in this salary cap era it's got to be much harder. Barring that, a team that looks more like the old Kings... Calgary and coach Sutter.

Oettenger (sp?) was amazing for Dallas and stopped 60 shots or some such but it wasn't quite enough.

Did you see the shot it took to beat him in OT? Calgary is damn lucky to be moving on in that series, Oettinger was doing some kind of telekinesis in net.

Fun fact for the Battle of Alberta. The Edmonton Oilers will be paying Lucic $750,000 to play against them. Lol.

DEAD CAP
RETAINED SALARY (1) 2021-22
Milan Lucic $750,000

Well, Calgary just won so we finally get a Battle of Alberta. It'll be a fun watch. Oettenger (sp?) was amazing for Dallas and stopped 60 shots or some such but it wasn't quite enough.

jom

As much as I wanted to see The Battle of Alberta, I found myself rooting for Dallas because of their goalie. I got a text from a hockey fan buddy of mine in St. Louis asking me if I was watching the game: "Are you watching this kid Oettinger? I swear he's using Jedi Mind Tricks to stop the puck..."

It was impossible not to root for Oettinger. How he was keeping the puck out of the net that long was mind-blowing. He came close to stealing that game from a superior opponent. Which brings me back to my usual refrain: Yes, a hot goalie can steal a Stanley Cup. For example, take tonight's goalie in Colorado for the Blues. Jordan Binnington had a lot to do with St. Louis hoisting the Cup three years ago. And with that in mind, even though I expect the Avs to go all the way, the Blues will be a tough test if Binnington is dialed-in again.

It should be a fun second round...

Jedi_Banner_V3-1200x675.jpg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back