Suddenly, we’re favored?

Birdman

TEAM LGK
Help me understand this algorithm:

1701011927329.png

Well… right now the chart seems to be predicting a Kings vs. Bruins SCF. According to NHL Network talking heads, the Kings have the easiest schedule from here to the playoffs among the contenders.
Strength of schedule is one of the leading factors in Moneypuck charts. It’s why they have Vegas at 79% to make the playoffs, although that’s clearly insane. They ARE the strength of schedule.

But wow Kings have it quite good until 12/28. Gotta keep banking and based on this weekend they’re well aware of that.

That whole chart is based on the idea that the Kings are actually going to beat Seattle this year...

At
Strength of schedule is one of the leading factors in Moneypuck charts. It’s why they have Vegas at 79% to make the playoffs, although that’s clearly insane. They ARE the strength of schedule.
At some point, they’re going to hit the wall (It may have just started). You can only run on adrenaline for so long. When the bumps and bruises from last spring start to catch up, they will sag a bit more. If they’re SOS is rougher over the next little while, that would be promising.

The question is really going to be, who can they bury on LTIR to free up cap space to make a deal or three to make the next run. I would hope that this time around, they get investigated.

Just hoping we can take the division and get a patsy in the first round while they have to grind out a 7 game series, although the Oilers getting in a Wild Card spot now looks plausible and would not be the preferred opponent.

At

At some point, they’re going to hit the wall (It may have just started). You can only run on adrenaline for so long. When the bumps and bruises from last spring start to catch up, they will sag a bit more. If they’re SOS is rougher over the next little while, that would be promising.

The question is really going to be, who can they bury on LTIR to free up cap space to make a deal or three to make the next run. I would hope that this time around, they get investigated.

Just hoping we can take the division and get a patsy in the first round while they have to grind out a 7 game series, although the Oilers getting in a Wild Card spot now looks plausible and would not be the preferred opponent.

The Oilers would only worry me if both of our goalies suck by the time for playoffs or in case of severe injury bug (which is always a problem come playoffs for all of the teams).

If at least one of our goalies is in a decent-good form (let's say .910+), either one of them would be very motivated to get us past the Oilers. Copley due to last year "snub" and Cam due to his days with Oilers who gave up on him after shooting down his confidence after icing a team of bush league defense in front of him for the 2nd year in a row. And both also because it's very likely the last chance for a Cup for either.

The Oilers getting in through a WC will put an even bigger pressure on them to succeed in the playoffs - like, Cup win succeed. With the Kings' very much improved defense, depth and PK...good luck to the Oil.

Let’s hope the team does not read this stuff. I hate these predictions this early in the season. It is a LONG season. Talk to me in January.

There's no pressure of "first ever Cup" or "first Cup in bazillion of years in hockey Mecca". Another one would basically be an amazing icing on the cake for the already unforgettable achievements of Kopi, DD and Trevor.

The team plays very good hockey and seems to have very good chemistry. Despite their success, there seems to still be some room for improvement in a few areas, which means there's room for (inevitable) struggle in some others.

There is no point in minimizing this kind of pressure. It's LA after all. The pressure of public on the players is like, what, 1/100 of that in Canadian cities. What we nerds write on the forums means absolutely nothing in the equation of whether the players will be able to perform to their abilities when it matters the most. It's silly superstition. :) Managing own expectations in order to avoid disappointment is a good tactic to employ to keep oneself sane, but thinking our ramblings would in any way or form affect the players is foolish.

I'm sure you know this. Speaking in general for individuals that actually think their actions/thoughts affect the outcome...like my father, who can't watch sports live because of that. :oops:

I don’t really see it as pressure. Humans tend to take their foot off the gas when they see that they’re achieving such high performance.

I don’t really see it as pressure. Humans tend to take their foot off the gas when they see that they’re achieving such high performance.
I tend to take my foot off the gas when I come to a stop sign or stop light, but hey, that's just me.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back