ARMENIAN HERITAGE NIGHT

Previous Meeting

01/09/24 -- Kings 2, Lightning 3 (OT)

2024-G70-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:30PM**

MEDIA.jpg

TV: BSW
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-G70-Pic4.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Viktor Arvidsson (video), Trevor Moore & Jim Hiller 3/20 Post-Game Quotes:

Trevor Moore
On if the first goal tonight set the tone for the team

Yeah, I think that’s what we, when we’re at our best, what we’re doing is forechecking. It was a really good track by Kev too, second effort. I think we want to be a forechecking team, we want to be hard to play against with good tracking.
On Fiala’s game overall, on an important night
I think Kevin’s always hungry. It maybe doesn’t look like it, from like his face or something, I don’t know, but Kevin’s always hungry. He wants to be an elite player and he is an elite player. He’s huge for us.
On the focus on a strong start tonight, after last night’s game against Chicago
I think it’s always a focus. We’re trying to find consistency with that and I think it was not the best last night, but it was a really good start against a really good team.
On the team doing a good job of staying out of things at the end of the game
Yeah, I think it was a good job by our guys to stand up for each other. Dubie, we don’t need him fighting guys up 6-0 at the end of a game like that, so good on him. We all stick up for each other.

Jim Hiller
On if tonight was the “urgency” he’s been looking for from the team

Yeah, I thought we were ready to play and the nice part about it is, we were ready to play and we looked pretty good doing it. With Arvy back in and just kind of the full lineup and lots of energy and we got rewarded. We got a couple of lucky goals, we understand that, but it just felt right. We talked about it before, like what is the sense of urgency? You can feel it on the bench, you can get a sense in the room and we had that, we had that feeling and we followed it up.
On consecutive six-goal nights from the Kings
Yeah, there’s some breaks for sure. I think there were plenty of opportunities when we weren’t scoring as much, where we didn’t get any breaks. We had some good opportunities and hit posts, crossbars, they didn’t go in either. Sometimes, you like to think that it just balances out eventually, but I thought we did score some really nice goals. There were some good clean passes, breakouts all the way down, some nice finishes. The power-play goals were nice, Kopi’s I guess wasn’t a power-play goal, but through the seam, one-timer. It’s nice to see the guys execute at a high level.
On how much the Kings have missed a player like Viktor Arvidsson
Yeah, every team deals with injuries but Arvy’s kind of a special type of player. He is that Energizer bunny type of guy, personality-wise too, so you always miss a player like that in your room, on the bench during the game and he’s a heck of a player, you saw that too. I really liked that line, with him, Dubois and Laferriere, I thought they worked, they set the tone early themselves. Different stuff happened in the game and we didn’t get to see it come to the end, but they were good.
On the last time he saw 10 players thrown out of a game at the same time
I’m going to go with never, when’s the last time you guys have seen that? I understand from the referee’s perspective it was just...getting a little bit tiresome, I think. I thought they made a good decision and I think people just played the game the right way the rest of the way.
On the balance between standing up for yourself and not getting into bad situations
It’s a fine balance sometimes, for sure, but I thought, we saw the scrums they had two, we had two, they had five, we had five at the end, so that’s all you want to do. You get in there, protect yourself, stand up for your teammates and that’s what we did. Of course, what set the tone in the game was that Engy hit and fight, Middleton’s a tough, tough guy, a tough customer, man. So that was that was for real, those two going at it.
On the Kings beating teams recently on hot streaks
It’s that preparedness and desperation we talked about earlier. When you see a team coming in, that’s going good, you’d like to think you have to dial it up more. You’d like to think about that level every night, but there are nights in an 82-game season where you just aren’t, but yeah, definitely like the response here recently.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G70-KF.png

2024-G70-KD.png

2024-G70-KGI.png

=======================================

LIGHTNING PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G70-LF.png

2024-G70-LD.png

2024-G70-LGI.png

Former Kings Prospects
Erik Cernak
2024-G70-Cernak.png

Mikey Eysssimont
2024-G70-Eyssimont.png

===============================

GOALIE COMPARISON

Lightning
2024-G70-LGoalies.png
Kings
2024-G70-KGoalies.png

2024-G70-Pic2-Rittich.png

Players to Watch
Last 5 games
2024-G70-Players-To-Watch.png

WILD CARD STANDINGS

2024-G70-Standings.png

*Play the VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Just 1 question tonight
How many total POINTS will be scored on SPECIAL TEAMS
by BOTH teams, including 3 on 3 OT?
Anything other than 5 on 5
You can take 3 guesses

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/-2 of 31 saves for the Kings or 21 saves for the Wild:

30,32 saves Kings (2 pts):

Madness20721
Guinevere
JETS GARAGE
Rusty
beady eye
notbob
Rog or Reg?
Liz4LA
katydid213

29,33 saves kings (1 pt):
hornman