Telecast next Season ?

S

Shackleford

Lurker
Any inside info on where the Kings games will be telecast next season.
Heard Bally's is out , would be great to get it on Channel 13 or 9 and have it
be a proper broadcast to "grow" the game .

If they go to some streaming service - that will tick me off big time.

Bad enough that the organization has no over the air radio station (Freaking LAFC was on ESPN 710am last week), but unless they pull out a LAKERS or DODGERS station sitch (they won't) - fans will be hosed.

Its odd that we haven't heard anything on this front. With half the league in this mess youd think the league would he interested in resolving but the canadian teams and the Yes partners are all doing just fine it seems.

Put your money on streaming.
There's not much of an audience for OTA.

Streaming is the future.

Put your money on streaming.
There's not much of an audience for OTA.

Streaming is the future.
"Subscriptions" is the future.

At some point they're going to reach a saturation point for how many sub's people will pay for right? Right? Yeah, probably not. :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking about a Telecaster but my Les Paul is still holdin up.

re: next season - invest in a VPN instead, yeah. pirate noises.

The NHL and the Kings will never get new fans if it's subscription based. They need to replicate what Vegas just did.

Interesting, about Vegas, but the stats for the NHL state otherwise. The NHL fan is old and white.

Old white peeps love broadcast television.

Young people of all backgrounds don’t really watch broadcast television. They stream, or consume content via apps, social media or the internet. Broadcast television is a foreign concept to most of them. Millennials and Gen Z rarely pay for or utilize broadcast television.

The NHL needs young fans desperately.
The NHL needs to figure out how to reach the next generation very, very soon.
Sadly, I’ve never seen a plan or real outreach to this demographic.

In the USA, NFL is king, basketball is second, soccer is rising and will be in 3rd very soon.
MLB and the NHL fan base is getting older and smaller.

Interesting, about Vegas, but the stats for the NHL state otherwise. The NHL fan is old and white.

Old white peeps love broadcast television.

Young people of all backgrounds don’t really watch broadcast television. They stream, or consume content via apps, social media or the internet. Broadcast television is a foreign concept to most of them. Millennials and Gen Z rarely pay for or utilize broadcast television.

The NHL needs young fans desperately.
The NHL needs to figure out how to reach the next generation very, very soon.
Sadly, I’ve never seen a plan or real outreach to this demographic.

In the USA, NFL is king, basketball is second, soccer is rising and will be in 3rd very soon.
MLB and the NHL fan base is getting older and smaller.
I guess that's me.... old and white. Of the above all I watch to any large degree is MLB and NHL. But add in lots of tennis.

I’m somebody who’s both old & watches everything online. So I’d like to see both. It has to be on either over air or cable & it has to be accessible online & on demand for people who can’t be there to watch between 7:30-10 at night. But streaming would be a bad idea, especially if it’s a new streaming service. There are already too many anyway. I think the league has to figure something out with so many teams being affected. But I don’t have much faith they’ll make the right decision that won’t screw the fans.

Speaking of the telecast I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention here of the Kings not renewing Alex Faust's contract.

jom

MLB seems to have their act together pretty well with their streaming service now. NHL needs to coordinate with them on a joint venture to get the young people in.

As for me....I'm old (and white). I'll just keep my very expensive DirecTV.

MLB seems to have their act together pretty well with their streaming service now. NHL needs to coordinate with them on a joint venture to get the young people in.

As for me....I'm old (and white). I'll just keep my very expensive DirecTV.
Huh? MLB is still blackout city. They still won’t allow you to watch your local team.
People complain about it all the time.

Hopefully if it comes to streaming more leagues will go the way of Apple and MLS Season Pass: Everyone gets all the games. No blackouts whatsoever, and a whip around show as well.

It still boggles the mind that in 2023, leagues are still anchored in the 80’s and 90’s mentality with local blackouts.

Meanwhile the world of sports is more global than ever and everyone wants to watch it all when they want wherever they want.

Huh? MLB is still blackout city. They still won’t allow you to watch your local team.
People complain about it all the time.
Ah....didn't realize this...I just know Dodgers fans who have been very happy with it this season.

I am still pissed they didn't show the Stanley Cup Finals on regular TV. :rolleyes:
PLUS - some idiot was using the "ratings" drop as a sign that hockey isn't popular.

FIRST - ESPN didn't have it (that would have helped) - FLA & VGK isn't sexy, 8;00 pm EST puck drop stinks and when you use multiple networks to show hockey - it loses viewers.

TBS / TNT should never be in the equation.

I personally love the flexibility out of market with ESPN+ to watch kings games. They just need to offer that same thing in market. I simply do not get why that's so hard to get across the way they sell the rights. And Vegas has just killed it with their deal, you can watch pretty much any which way and you're all good. I don't understand why the resistance to on demand is still there, I mean we know they have unskippable ads, and anyone that's watching after has done their spoiler hw or doesn't care. Do they really think that the person is actively going to choose to go to the game at todays ticket prices as a first time new fan without any prior exposure to seeing the team?

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back