Thank you, Quickie

santiclaws

I was in the pool!!
Damn, who would have imagined he'd not get a chance to finish his career in LA.

Web-Quick.jpg

The literal G.O.A.T. We will be lucky if we ever see someone as good as he was again in a Kings sweater.

Dude is a fighter and just found a way for pucks to hit him. He flat out stole games and series. He is THE goalie of this franchise and no one should wear 32 for the Kings ever again.

Once he settled in, there was a period of several seasons where instead of seeing a shot and immediately looking into the back of the net, I instead began to look in front for who was gonna clear any rebound or loose puck.

I thought he might hang 'em up after this season, given that he'd never played anywhere else. But now that's off the table, I expect he may want to hang around as long as possible to pick up those 21 wins.

I thought he might hang 'em up after this season, given that he'd never played anywhere else. But now that's off the table, I expect he may want to hang around as long as possible to pick up those 21 wins.

Frankly, I don't see an NHL team offering him a contract next season, and certainly not as a starter so even if signed as a backup, he'd likely need a couple of seasons at least to pick up 21 wins.

Frankly, I don't see an NHL team offering him a contract next season, and certainly not as a starter so even if signed as a backup, he'd likely need a couple of seasons at least to pick up 21 wins.

I said he might want to. Didn't say he'd be able to.

But if it were me, it's a different kettle of fish being able to go out like Brown versus having to wear another jersey for 20 odd games in Ohio. Kinda cracked the seal on the whole "playing for another team" situation.

Love Quick. Also love the trade. Been calling for this trade for ages. He will have his number retired and possibly make the HOF. But this is a business and the kings needed to move on.

Damn, who would have imagined he'd not get a chance to finish his career in LA.

Web-Quick.jpg

I have this picture signed and framed.

Ugh. This may be the hardest news I've heard as a Kings fan. I knew he was done this year. But not how I like to see it end. Could talk forever about him and the Kings. This hurts.

I had to sign on because this trade is taking my hockey heart. This playoff run will be tainted because #32 is not on the end of the bench. **** YOU Blake. LOVE YOU QUICKIE!

I'm old enough not to be surprised of the trade but my heart is broken. I wish you the best.

CHAMPION.

Thanks for everything Jonny.

We were wallowing in the wastelands of Huet, Cechmanek, Garon, Labarbera, Cloutier, Brust, Fukufuji, Ersberg….

You rose above and were an absolute champion.

Not reported by NHL or TSN, whats going on.....early April fools.

Still, not approved but maybe because Quick is flying with the team. sad, Very Sad that Quick will not retire as a King.

Quick is the best goalie to ever wear a Kings uniform. No Quick, no Stanley Cups in LA. That simple. I'll forever be a fan and I'm grateful for everything he has done for us.

You are the best king ever Quickie the reason why we won 2 cups ...thank you sorry I can't say too much more, just very emotional. You will always be my favorite player of all time and the best goalie to ever play the game

Next year when they put Quicks jersey in the rafters Blake better not be in the building.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back