The Beginning of the Not Much Sleep Season

N

New User Name

Lurker
Best thing about the Stanley Cup Playoffs? It's the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Worst thing? Less sleep.

I'm on the East Coast, so the last 6 games of the season are either 10 pm or 10:30 pm, and then probably about the same for the first round.

But I'm not complaining!

Where is everyone else watching from?

GO KINGS GO!!!

Yeah I will feel your pain. My wife usually hits the deck around midnight and I tell her what happened, lol. First.. second I guess playoffs here on east coast (South Carolina). I stay up to watch mostly anyways.. I'm mostly curious if the playoff games will be blackouts on ESPN and if I will have to resort to hardcore pirating to watch.

Central time zone, I too turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Its a great time of year though

Playoffs are too stressful. We had it so good in 2012 getting out to those 3-0 leads.
By the end of 2014 I was curled up on my couch in a fetal position.
Since then, I find something else to do during most playoff games.

Playoffs are too stressful. We had it so good in 2012 getting out to those 3-0 leads.

2014 Blackhawks I think shaved a few off the ol' lifespan.

I actually played a hockey game during game 7, i was too keyed up, had to go out and hit something. Was at Oakland ice and the audible groans from the lobby told me something good had probably happened.

Watching from Ottawa, so same here. When I was a kid, I had to sneak out of bed after everyone was in bed to see the end of the home games. Remember waking up close to 1 one night, to see Gretzky force game seven against the Leafs. I'm a teacher, so it's a lot more starting our day with reading a book while I get my crap together lol

Watching from Chicagoland here so I've got an hour in the right direction on you, but yeah, sucks with those PST start times.

My biggest issue is how to deal with my son Fox, who's a super kings fan and wants to watch every minute live. While I can hold my ground on bedtime during the regular season, I suspect that we both may be suffering a bit at school/work during the playoffs...

Watching from Chicagoland here so I've got an hour in the right direction on you, but yeah, sucks with those PST start times.

My biggest issue is how to deal with my son Fox, who's a super kings fan and wants to watch every minute live. While I can hold my ground on bedtime during the regular season, I suspect that we both may be suffering a bit at school/work during the playoffs...

I just pile the blankets on him while he watches, get the dog to snuggle him. He tries really hard to stay awake but that combo does him in on the couch. I do not attempt to carry him to bed anymore

I just pile the blankets on him while he watches, get the dog to snuggle him. He tries really hard to stay awake but that combo does him in on the couch. I do not attempt to carry him to bed anymore

Hahaha! You should see how my kiddo watches these games... lying down and getting snuggly is the exact opposite of where he usually is. You can normally find him with his goalie mask and stick in front of the TV, making saves alongside Quick/Copley/Korpi... When we score he's so loud that I really worry that the neighbors will think someone is being murdered in our basement! You should have heard him when McNasty had that hit on Mikey...I was just getting home and caught the last of it...he evidently taught grandma some new curse words...

Everyone will get plenty of sleep, four games goes by pretty fast.

Wales, UK here, so 7.30pm in LA is 3.30am here, so no late nights for me. Can't afford a subscription either. I do at least get to watch the 9 minute NHL highlights on YouTube.

Regarding our team, I don't know why so many are downbeat about the playoffs. We made it to the post-season and who cares who we play? Every game starts off 0-0 and you take it from there. We don't look good right now because we're playing the absolute best of The West without our best and it seems pretty obvious to me though that, fit or not, we won't see Fiala, Vilardi or Anderson before the playoffs, but when we do get them back, assuming we're still in the race, I truly believe our guys will be a match for any of these teams, Oilers and Knights included. Colorado still look to me to be the hardest team to beat in the West. Don't know and don't care about The East (never have done, never will).

PS/Why do I love The Kings? I lived and worked in LA for 6 years and then South Carolina for the next 17. I moved there in 1994, so well before the two Stanley Cups i.e. I'm no bandwagoner. LA's where I got the hockey bug and the Kings was, is and always will be my team. The Mighty Sucks? NO WAY!!!!

Last edited:
This was one of the coolest, most entertaining threads I’ve ever read on LGK. (I have an older account.) Thank you all for your stories.

Hahaha! You should see how my kiddo watches these games... lying down and getting snuggly is the exact opposite of where he usually is. You can normally find him with his goalie mask and stick in front of the TV, making saves alongside Quick/Copley/Korpi... When we score he's so loud that I really worry that the neighbors will think someone is being murdered in our basement! You should have heard him when McNasty had that hit on Mikey...I was just getting home and caught the last of it...he evidently taught grandma some new curse words...

Lol cool. When I first started watching at 8 or so I used a ruler and gatorade caps to play goalie, against myself, in front of the stove during intermissions and after the game. I was damn good.

Lol cool. When I first started watching at 8 or so I used a ruler and gatorade caps to play goalie, against myself, in front of the stove during intermissions and after the game. I was damn good.

Given the Petersen contract, you should be able to get 4mil per season!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back