The Return Of Austin Wagner!

R

Rogie-Vachon

Lurker
- F Alex Iafallo placed on LTIR
- D Jacob Moverare loaned to the reign

- F Austin Wagner recalled to the Kings

Saves Cap Space....

the Cup is ours. Or....some bonus pay for Austin, so good for him.

Maybe some guys need to see a teammate who busts his ass every shift.

Yep. He ain't playing with the Kings.

I know the ship has sailed on the Wagner thing but I can't help but feel for the guy. Dude probably just wants another chance to play hockey, as he's been doing with the Reign. (It could mean for a better contract elsewhere in the future, should he be useful.)

But instead, he's just up here as a paper transaction. Ouch. At least he gets paid to practice and get evenings off?

Any details on Iaffallo? I can't find anything other than "lower body".

Rosen reported he was considered week to week and there was a tweet that he left that game "not putting any weight on that leg". Otherwise it's been hard to find anything. Sounds to me like a high ankle sprain or something.

I know the ship has sailed on the Wagner thing but I can't help but feel for the guy. Dude probably just wants another chance to play hockey, as he's been doing with the Reign. (It could mean for a better contract elsewhere in the future, should he be useful.)

But instead, he's just up here as a paper transaction. Ouch. At least he gets paid to practice and get evenings off?
Since it's a paper transaction, I don't think anything at all changes for him other than getting a bit of extra cash. He's not going to practice with the Kings.

Since it's a paper transaction, I don't think anything at all changes for him other than getting a bit of extra cash. He's not going to practice with the Kings.

Oh damn. That's when you know you're *really* not wanted.

I actually wonder if the nhlpa monitors that kind of thing. Ive no idea if its a priority for the members but typically speaking they dont let a gokd greviance slide.

Pretty sure he's on a one-way deal, so he's getting his NHL money even when in Ontario.

I actually wonder if the nhlpa monitors that kind of thing. Ive no idea if its a priority for the members but typically speaking they dont let a gokd greviance slide.
I don't think the CBA has anything to say on this, so there's no grievance to be had. As long as he gets paid what he's supposed to, whether he gets to practice or not shouldn't be subject to the CBA. Teams do this all the time.

AND JUST LIKE THAT:

The Kings have returned Austin Wagner to the Ontario Reign, per the AHL transactions log.
#GoKingsGo

9:47 AM ? Oct 24, 2022

?Twitter for iPhone

Wagner may not have all the skill, but he has the hustle that the Kings are lacking at this point of the season.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back