The Yotes trainwreck just keeps getting worse

Losing all the picks, Hall and now this. Chayka must have saw this and said CYA.

yeah, I saw this earlier today....what the heck?? did they think it wouldn't come out?

I like how the story just skipped over who in the organization signed off on this. The CEO makes a case to move forward but never says, yeah I'm the one that made the call.

But along with the sentencing came an unusual admonition from juvenile magistrate William Hutcheson:
?Mitchell, I?m not sure you still get it,? Hutcheson said, according to courtroom reports from the Toledo Blade. ?I don?t think you like being where you are. But I still don?t think you?ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated.

?If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school? You?re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don?t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.?

He was still taunting that poor kid two years later. Lots of teams interviewed this guy and noped out after the interview because they thought he was not being forthright, among other things. I think the Yotes misunderstood the whole "hockey is for everyone" thing.

But along with the sentencing came an unusual admonition from juvenile magistrate William Hutcheson:
“Mitchell, I’m not sure you still get it,” Hutcheson said, according to courtroom reports from the Toledo Blade. “I don’t think you like being where you are. But I still don’t think you’ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated.

“If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school? You’re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

He was still taunting that poor kid two years later. Lots of teams interviewed this guy and noped out after the interview because they thought he was not being forthright, among other things. I think the Yotes misunderstood the whole "hockey is for everyone" thing.

Not only the yotes, but Univ ND and Team USA

“Mitchell, I’m not sure you still get it,” Hutcheson said, according to courtroom reports from the Toledo Blade. “I don’t think you like being where you are. But I still don’t think you’ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated.

“If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school? You’re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

I read the victim's mom's statement on Reddit. Harsh. Eff that clown, cognitive issues or not.

Might be going out on a limb here, but I think she's saying that whether the victim had cognitive issues or not, to eff that clown.

The gentleman is correct. I knew that the victim was disabled (did not know it was mentally) but my poorly worded post was about the clown that could not comprehend that abusing someone that is disabled and then refusing to apologize to him directly (as stated in the letter) makes his nonsense inexcusable. Crap that sentence is ugly too.

I'll just go back to posting songs in media--clearly, not going to win today. Points for heart?

This guy is still fairly young, and has been given EVERY benefit of the doubt by everyone around him.
Hopefully this isn't his permanent personality, but I am grateful that most of the league steered clear.
Hopefully he has an epiphany and begs Meyer-Crothers to forgive him, and really means it.
Too many trashy people living far too comfortably, we don't need another one.

Losing all the picks, Hall and now this. Chayka must have saw this and said CYA.

I can't imagine that Chayka himself isn't partly to blame for some of this fiasco. Maybe that's why they let him go. ????

jom

auoh8i8j81w51.png

An 18-year old should be able to be educated/re-educated... especially if he ever hopes to play in the NHL. Terrorizing the disabled child was totally wrong, but it's awfully early to give up on a teenager. Hope he sees the light and makes an effort to be a better human.

Back
Top Bottom