***Toronto Maple Leafs vs. LA Kings GDT 01/02/24 7:30pm on ESPN+ & Hulu***

Best Kings played was the last three minutes with urgency where is that the rest of the game. Been defending them but no more, changes need to be made

Shot volume is there but Kings are completely lacking creativity offensively and making terrible turnovers defensively. Talbot is keeping the score sheet look half ok right now, but these are serious problems going into a very busy month. Todd's reasoning of "personal mistakes" ain't flying for me right now.

Last edited:
Easily the worst game this team has played all year, and it’s been trending toward this. They better figure something out, because they aren’t scaring anyone.
Agreed. They were never in this game. The Leafs just had to show up and put up a minimum effort to win going away.

All I can says is glad this is happening now and not in April time to fix it and have momentum going into the playoffs which is important…… or I could be delusional or drunk!! Happy New Year everyone

All I can says is glad this is happening now and not in April time to fix it and have momentum going into the playoffs which is important…… or I could be delusional or drunk!! Happy New Year everyone
Definitely a line in the sand. They use this to grow up quick and be a better team for it or they’re sadly just not a very good team.

Does the poll question carry over? Lol. I blame this loss on the poll question.

Embarrassing performance tonight. Might we see callups from Ontario? Clarke anyone?

All the games in hand the Kings have on Vancouver and Vegas will be made up this month. Take a look at the schedule. The Kings are playing 15 games in 30 days this month. Things could get ugly fast.

Hard to believe given where things were a few weeks ago, but now find myself less looking up at VGK and VAN, than seeing a fast approaching EDM in the rearview...

Take a look at the box score for the game, Kings win in almost every category but got out played in every area of the entire game. It’s not about the numbers it’s about playing the game every shift. The effort simply isn’t there, get to pucks first, winning board battles, getting in front and deflecting pucks. Doing the DIRTY work!! Coasting will not get it done time to get back to hard work. 7-11 at home

It seems like yesterday the majority of NHL experts had the Kings ranked in the top three...and a few had the Kings at top two or number one.

Hard to take anything positive out of this game except for the fact I almost went down there and witnessed that debacle in person but decided to wait until the next home stand.

It's not time to hit the panic button yet, but that hand is involuntarily wavering over the button at this point.

And I agree with a few other posters: It might be time to call up Fagemo and Clarke. We need something to snap this team out of its slumber.

Back
Top Bottom