Turcotte

It's sad but he is definitely getting close to the territory. He really is sneaky good though if he can stay healthy, but he needs to make big strides forward next season imo in both playing a full season at the AHL level and both earning and maintaining a spot on the top line. Right now he reminds me of the Lias Anderson path which isn't ideal but can still work out in time.

Hard to think he projects above top 6 now though, but anything is possible.

No better way to pass the time while waiting for the Kings to potentially get knocked out then to think about their worst draft pick in recent years, which only gets worse each passing season.

For what it's worth, Ontario seemed to be a much better team when he was in the lineup. He's got another waiver exempt year. He has no meaningful trade value, so we just have to let him play and see if he can stay healthy and progress.

Also very disappointing that Akil Thomas has been unable to play the last couple of seasons.

Likely a bust. Has the talent, but his body seems to simply not be capable of dealing with the rigors of professional hockey given the tough game he plays.

For what it's worth, Ontario seemed to be a much better team when he was in the lineup. He's got another waiver exempt year. He has no meaningful trade value, so we just have to let him play and see if he can stay healthy and progress.

Also very disappointing that Akil Thomas has been unable to play the last couple of seasons.

Add me to the group that really wanted good things for Akil. One of those makes his own luck kinda players in jrs.

I think they should have went with Stutzle………….. oh sorry, wrong draft…….. my bad, as you were…….

You just spelled Zegras wrong.

Can you imagine Zegras and Stutzle!
So far I am more upset about the miss on Stutzle because of how underwhelming Byfield has been but hopefully time proves me wrong on that one.

Turcotte probably won’t ever be a gamebreaker but if he can ever stay healthy his game is exactly the type you need for playoff success. Take a look around the NHL playoffs and note which players are the most effective. Gamebreakers and strong skating, maximum effort, relentless and responsible players who the coaching staff can trust. That’s what Turcotte can be if he keeps putting the work and stays healthy. The Kings need players like that.

Agreed, but "if" is a short word with a long shadow.

Turcotte probably won’t ever be a gamebreaker but if he can ever stay healthy his game is exactly the type you need for playoff success. Take a look around the NHL playoffs and note which players are the most effective. Gamebreakers and strong skating, maximum effort, relentless and responsible players who the coaching staff can trust. That’s what Turcotte can be if he keeps putting the work and stays healthy. The Kings need players like that.

I agree. I was really hoping that Turcotte would have taken over at 3C/4C by now and allow the Kings to move Lizzotte to the wing before he gets killed. Turcotte definitely has the skill and talent for the NHL. If he only had the body. The Mike Richards comparisons ring true... but Richie was smart enough stay healthy far longer.

Oh, another small guy. I rooted for him but he's a bust. I agree to let him play in Ontario and maybe he can stay healthy. Much of the bust label is just the guy can't finish a season.

I think Dylan Cozens would have been the better choice.

Agree with this. Cozens plus stutzle would have been amazing. Instead, we have high end draft picks that won’t amount to much, and it’ll cost us on the other side of the last few years of the Kopitar/Doughty window when we don’t have anymore high end talent

Agree with this. Cozens plus stutzle would have been amazing. Instead, we have high end draft picks that won’t amount to much, and it’ll cost us on the other side of the last few years of the Kopitar/Doughty window when we don’t have anymore high end talent

Too bad you're not the GM then!

Turcotte does indeed look like a bust at this time (though there is some tiny bit of hope left and no risk waiting to find out). But to no fault of anybody but rotten luck. Rob absolutely made the correct pick at the time. Alex wasn't considered injury prone at the time, so it wasn't even a matter of risk vs. reward when it comes to this.

QB was also on the same path with those 2 injuries, but luckily found the stability and is visibly improving. Yes, the Kings may never win the Cup anymore because of this specific rotten luck (insert an emerging, injury free Turcotte into this lineup and imagine Byfield with a season like this one already under his belt last year and Edmonton is in a pickle). S*** happens, eh?

If Turcotte were to stay healthy, IMO, he'd be somewhere in the ballpark of a Trevor Moore.

Hey, that ain't bad.

Yes it looks bad that he's only played 12 games. But I don't like to call him a bust yet. Do you call someone a bust because they don't make it due to injuries? Maybe if we found out he was lazy & didn't work that would be different. But I haven't heard anything like that. And I don't know, is it a specific injury that's keeping him down or is it a series of injuries? That might make a difference in if this is just bad luck or if there's something wrong with him physically. He may not make it but I guess I don't like using the term bust if it's not something he can't control.

Per Blakes comment of "Stay healthy" I'd say there's a decent chance that until his body fills out he may not be able to take the beating of NHL athletes. He might not be able to take it anyway considering this is the AHL his body can't handle with regularity. If there's a failure at all its in the evaluation staff to consider the possibility and rate it correctly.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back