Viktor Arvidsson designated non roster?

Anyone know what's up with VA? Insights from taco bell are welcome

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1602347559447515137?s=20&t=Uq_2Aj4ATZbdrSwY1rpGbA

Capture below from elsewhere in the twitter thread - this seems accurate

"If a player is unfit to play due to COVID protocols (tests positive or is considered a close contact to a positive case), they can be designated as non-roster. This designation means they do not count towards 23 player active roster limit, but they do count against salary cap."

Not that I hope anyone gets Covid, but I hope this is the answer compared to a lot of the alternatives.

Here's what Zach Dooley said on LAKings Insider:

Per the CBA, a non-roster designation is defined as follows –

“Upon approval of the Commissioner, a Player who is unavailable to play due to reasons other than injury, illness or disability will be designated a Non-Roster Player, and during such period of his designation as such he will not count against the Club’s Active Roster limit and his Club may replace such Player.”

These absences are typically shorter-term, nothing long-term is expected here regarding Arvidsson. Further updates will be provided tomorrow when the team is back on the ice at morning skate.

Not that I hope anyone gets Covid, but I hope this is the answer compared to a lot of the alternatives.

Wow, I was going to create a similar thread and was totally thinking the same as you. The only other info I saw this morning was on the Insider and it was useless which seems to be par for the course for the Insider.

Also, if it is COVID can they just say COVID? First, it sounds a lot better than people thinking he is in rehab some other alternative. Second, I don't think there is any stigma any more for people catching COVID. It happens all the time in spite of precautions.

Not that I want to be totally up in his bidness, but Id really like to know if this is a by Christmas situation

Capture below from elsewhere in the twitter thread - this seems accurate

"If a player is unfit to play due to COVID protocols (tests positive or is considered a close contact to a positive case), they can be designated as non-roster. This designation means they do not count towards 23 player active roster limit, but they do count against salary cap."

That language is from 20-21, I do not know if it still holds true.

COVID-19 PROTOCOL FOR THE 2022-23 SEASON

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/335297842/binary-file/file.pdf

From the above,

"In the event of a positive COVID-19 case for a Player, the Club shall disclose to the media or to the public such
information in a form agreed upon by the NHL and NHLPA."

Seems if it was COVID, they would say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back