Wasted season?

Wasted..? Hmm, it’s tough to draw the line as to what is considered a wasted season, in my opinion. I’m just trying to enjoy being on the right side of .500, and in a playoff hunt. Do I think the Kings can make a deep run in the playoffs? Certainly not, but I am far more concerned about the next few seasons, where our goaltending will be in flux, and our aging superstars continue their decline as they succumb to the ravages of Father Time. I do not think Byfield, Clarke, Turcotte and the rest will ever fill the void created by those guys when they are gone. Conversely, it seems we are well beyond our ‘dip’, and won’t get close to drafting in the top 5, let alone a super star like Bedard, anytime soon. Black hole, here we come again..

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not a wasted season, there have been a couple of surprises. Clarke might be able to play, he is young so his body needs a few years to mature. Fiala is as expected and more in my opinion. Copley has so far saved the season. I am enjoying the season, however I didn’t expect them to make a run into the playoffs until 2024-2025 however, the players that were high draft picks, most will not have an impact. Good AHL players that is about it.

It has been a crazy season so far. Lots of ups and downs. The goalie situation is troublesome but we are still right in the mix.

I would posit that the truly wasted seasons have been the ones where we were absolute bottom feeders, but only managed to get a couple of absolute lemons for high draft picks. Those are the real wasted seasons.

I don't understand why at the end of last night there are six teams that have only played 48 games, and the Kings and Caps have played 53. The league schedulers could do a better job.

I don't understand why at the end of last night there are six teams that have only played 48 games, and the Kings and Caps have played 53. The league schedulers could do a better job.

Less games to play in the 2nd half going into the post-season might not be such a bad thing.

lhdevil:

Wasted? :drunk:

The possibility of the Kings making the playoffs and even winning a round is in play. They have issues, but they can win some games. And they can score in bunches (when was the last season that was the case?) and, lolol, the Pacific Division kind of sucks.

They are a team in transition and we need some patience. It's a question of addressing the holes that the team has, but that isn't going to happen in one single swoop.

lhdevil:

Wasted? :drunk:

The possibility of the Kings making the playoffs and even winning a round is in play. They have issues, but they can win some games. And they can score in bunches (when was the last season that was the case?) and, lolol, the Pacific Division kind of sucks.

They are a team in transition and we need some patience. It's a question of addressing the holes that the team has, but that isn't going to happen in one single swoop.

And the Kings won't have to play anyone from the East unless they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.

Back