Welcome to play by play Nic!

Nothing wrong with Alex, he was actually getting pretty good, but having Nick back is simply fantastic. Quite honestly always thought he was better than Bob. I know that might be heresy. That’s just me!

Go Kings G

Nothing wrong with Alex, he was actually getting pretty good, but having Nick back is simply fantastic. Quite honestly always thought he was better than Bob. I know that might be heresy. That’s just me!

Go Kings G

bill-hader-oh-god.gif

Nothing against Faust, besides I simply didn't like his on air persona (negativity, statistics, catch phrases, etc.), but he simply didn't gel with Jim whatsoever on air. Just the 2nd game Jim said (paraphrasing) about "looking promising" or something along those lines, and Nick used the same phrase to segue into his play by play part, and I hadn't heard the broadcast sound so cohesive like that in a long while.

I liked Faust, he's more today like the rookies coming up. He's good with the game, that's everything I need.

I know it’s obvious that the majority of LGK’ers prefer Nickson over Faust, but to those who do.. aside from feelings of nostalgia, what specifically do you prefer about Nickson, or what specifically did you dislike about Faust?

Faust is fine, he just sounds like all the other "young" announcers out there. I think we're moving past the days of unique guys like Bob or Nick or Mike Lange or Rick Jeanneret etc. Everyone wants the same kind of voice now.

In case y'all didn't know, Faust is most likely taking over Edwards in Boston. He's been doing a few games already.
I wasn't aware. Man, first he was stepping up after legendary Bob Miller, and now stepping up for Jack Edwards. Maybe not quite as legendary as Miller, but a legend in his own right in Boston.

I know it’s obvious that the majority of LGK’ers prefer Nickson over Faust, but to those who do.. aside from feelings of nostalgia, what specifically do you prefer about Nickson, or what specifically did you dislike about Faust?
One his voice is absolutely radio smooth, two I genuinely like his references to game time and situations even if that information is on my screen. It's subtle phrasing that calls your attention back to those details. Thirdly he seems much more in tune to the emotions on the bench and motivations behind why a play might go sideways from optimum. Finally he does do a much better job of naming opposition in the play.

A good announcer is like a certain kind of defender or drummer. Sometimes the best job is done when you don’t notice them. Nick’s call is seamless. With Faust, I was often jarred into thinking about him personally through his comments or asides.

It was Fox and Faust together. For some reason it just didn't work and was actually irritating at times. it was less like an announcing team and more like the two guys that sit behind you at the game that won't shut up. :mhihi:

Most of us have listened to Nick for a very long time, with that being said he has a lot of weight on his shoulders this upcoming season. If the team falters this season, he might just be the fall guy. When an organization makes changes within, these new changes have to outperform the previous cast. If the team ends up with less points than last year, we will have to reevaluate Nick, his contract and his play-by-play abilities. It's all about wins and losses these days, even for the announcers. So yes, Nick has weight of LGK on his shoulders, and it wasn't like we were all eating just salad during the offseason.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back