What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

Hatter

Prospect
I read multiple books at the same time so here is what I am reading this week:

0393050939.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

An oddly compelling, often hilarious forensic exploration of the strange lives of our bodies postmortem.
LINK

And also

1582342474.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dedicated as ever to exploring life's dark and deviant sides, Stahl shows his heart in this sad, wild, uproarious faux memoir of silent film star Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle

Any Lovers of Stahl's Perv: A Love Story or Plainclothes Naked Will be thrilled at the idea of a new Stahl novel!

Ack I almost forgot:

Kingdom of Fear : Loathsome Secrets of a Star-Crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century
by Hunter S. Thompson

I just finished

0446605239.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Read the book, don't watch the movie!!

Now I'm reading

0385511612.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just finished Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code...if you haven't read it yet, do so. Amazing novel.

MossPorsch said:
Just finished Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code...if you haven't read it yet, do so. Amazing novel.

I've had that book for a while now and read about 20 pages. I just can't seem to motivate myself to continue reading....I'll get through it sometime....

Licerony said:
I've had that book for a while now and read about 20 pages. I just can't seem to motivate myself to continue reading....I'll get through it sometime....

I am going through the same thing as you. I have the book and started it, but it hasn't grabbed my attention enough for me to be unable to put it down.

NEcover.jpeg

Sword of Truth Series: book 8 by Terry Goodkind
cover_tears.jpg

The Pearl Series: Book 2 by Eric Van Lustbader
and
Bruce Sterlings, Heavy Weather

Licerony said:

Trust me, you're really going to want to keep reading it. It's brilliant.

Licerony said:
I couldn't put the book down when I started it. It really got me thinking about how much I didn't know about Jesus and how much of it was really true. However, many people who read it(including me) were disappointed with the ending.

I'm currently reading My Life. I find it is going slowly but I'll stick it out and finish it eventually.

I am partway through all of these....

The Harry Potter books (3rd right now)
Middlesex...Jeffrey Eugenides
Delusion of Satan...Frances Hill
Under the Black Flag (the Romance and Reality of Life Among Pirates)...David Cordingly
Just a Couple of Days...Tony Vigorito
Lamb...Christopher Moore
Angels and Demons

I have a really hard time reading one book at a time.

I'm on the library waiting list for Angels and Demons, but do stick with the DaVinci Code. I had a hard time putting the book down and found it quite fascinating.

I took Selmar's suggestion from one of the Harry Potter threads and began reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman today. I also just finished reading Hidden Prey by John Sandford.

I am almost half way through the first book of TLOTR. It seems as if everyone but me read this in their teen years. I guess I read the Dune series instead.

BillZBubb said:
I am almost half way through the first book of TLOTR. It seems as if everyone but me read this in their teen years. I guess I read the Dune series instead.

You're not alone. I haven't read any of the LOTR books. Not only that, I haven't seen the movies either.

Rob2716 said:
You're not alone. I haven't read any of the LOTR books. Not only that, I haven't seen the movies either.

:eek:

Truth is I wasn't a huge fan of the books. Only got through 1&2 and stopped halfway through 3 before the 1st movie came out. Saw the Fellowship in the theaters and then finally finished the third. The books were all a tad on the tedious side to me but amazing characters and basic plot. The movies are personal favorites of mine.

I'm actually reading an old book right now that I bought a year or so ago and lost in the shuffle of too many other books to read. False Memory by Koontz. Impressive so far. Creepy, realistic and moving along nicely.

The poet in exile, Red storm rising, and Fighting techniques of a panzergrenadier.

I'm reading Love's Blood by Clark Howard. I don't know if we have any true crime fans here but this is one of the best true crime books I've ever read & I've read quite a few.

Autobiography:
Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E. Lawrence

Biography mixed with Historical Fiction:
Black Ajax by George MacDonald Fraser

Science Fiction/Fantasy:
Various collections of short stories by Roger Zelazny

Non-"Literature" reading:
The Weak Interaction in Nuclear, Particle and Astrophysics by K. Grotz and H.V. Klapdor

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom