Why did Dean Lombardi get fired again?

The REAL reason: AEG parting ways with Tim Leiweke.

Once Danny B was given control, it was dollars over winning, and the downfall moves rather quickly.

Danny B is a cancer for AEG and the teams he runs.

Don’t believe the loss of Leiweke was the cause? Have a look at AEG’s other team in town, Galaxy. The most historic, dynasty in MLS, the crown jewel….goes into complete and utter freefall in just a season or so after Leiweke gets the boot.

The Kings and Galaxy downfalls after 2014 are almost exact. Horrific front office management, coach roulette galore, bad roster management.

A culture of good old boys in the front office, along with a culture of profit over winning.
Echo chamber management style.

Silver lining: After a decade of mediocrity, the supporters groups and fans boycotted the Galaxy matches, and called for the team president to be fired. It worked. Danny B and AEG’s hands were forced and they fired Chris Klein.

The front office was gutted of the rot, and new OUTSIDE management was brought in to rebuild the club. Currently underway.

When AEG chose profits over winning, their teams suffered.

Kings fans can hope that a front office clean out occurs this offseason for a brighter future.
Kings fans deserve better.

Demand more from your team.

Yeah, I remember when all this was going down and we discussed here in lgk. Dan b is the common denominator.

The enigmatic decision to trade Cernak for a washed up Ben Bishop will always be indefensible - and will p*ss me off as long a Cernak plays in the league.
DL said after he traded for Sekera that the goal was to re-sign him.

DL said after he traded for Lucic that the goal was to re-sign him.

DL said after he traded for Bishop that the goal was to re-sign him.

Each statement was insane given our lack of cap space. He never came close to re-signing Sekera or Lucic, and I imagine he didn't really try to re-sign Bishop after his disappointing showing.

DL said after he traded for Bishop that the goal was to re-sign him.

Each statement was insane given our lack of cap space. He never came close to re-signing Sekera or Lucic, and I imagine he didn't really try to re-sign Bishop after his disappointing showing.

Not to mention that Quick was in year 4 of a 10 year contract extension when Bishop was acquired and when DL claimed he wanted to re-sign him.

Kind of shocking no one has mentioned the Gaborik extension. We hit the jackpot when he played as well as he did for the stretch run and playoffs in 2014. Anyone who had passing knowledge of his injury history would have known they should have thanked him for everything he did and let him walk.

ya but we overworked Budaj and he burned out in the end.
True, but Quick came back and Bishop was not gonna play with that being so. To play devils advocate, nobody knew Cernak would be good. But we did not need Bishop at the time.

The enigmatic decision to trade Cernak for a washed up Ben Bishop will always be indefensible - and will p*ss me off as long a Cernak plays in the league.
We had Mark Yannetti on the podcast a while back and just asked him about it and he gave us the story.

I think that Dean got fired because he lost sight of where the line between buisness and friendship is. He started giving out contracts based on loyalty and past performance. Giving dd that high long term contract was not in the Kings best interest and neither is Kopi"s contract. Then you add Quick to the equation but in reality out of the three Quick was probably not that bad. He is doing good with the Rangers which kind of bithers me. Why was Quick strugling the last two season with the Kings and doing real good with The Rangers. Maybe Ranford was hurting Quick more than helping him.

Everyone knows she was spit-faced drunk and fell into the TV.

Stoll forgot to put his stash in his shoe.

Hey, it happens.

Lombardi didn't want to be a GM again, he claims he had turned down other opportunities.

And the Richards thing is wrapped up in HIPPA, but Dean was able to successfully argue to the league that he was not permitted to use the compliance buyout due to the CBAs vague language separating "injury" from enrollment in the wellness program. He argued that the player leaving the program without informing the team should have made him eligible for the buyout. Allegedly. Take it or leave it, the details can only be legally confirmed by Richards due to his health privacy priviliges so nobody will ever find anything to confirm or deny that story.

Lombardi didn't want to be a GM again, he claims he had turned down other opportunities.

And the Richards thing is wrapped up in HIPPA, but Dean was able to successfully argue to the league that he was not permitted to use the compliance buyout due to the CBAs vague language separating "injury" from enrollment in the wellness program. He argued that the player leaving the program without informing the team should have made him eligible for the buyout. Allegedly. Take it or leave it, the details can only be legally confirmed by Richards due to his health privacy priviliges so nobody will ever find anything to confirm or deny that story.
IYKYK...

Back