Game Day Thread
Game #9/82 -- 10/27/22

2022-3-Game-9-Jets-Home-Logos.jpg

G9-Team-Stats.jpg

Winnipeg Jets vs. Los Angeles Kings

at
Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

Grateful Dead Night (special ticket pack)

Last Season?s Meetings

04/02/22 ? Kings 3, Jets 2
11/13/21 ? Kings 2, Jets 3 (OT)
10/28/21 ? Jets 3, Kings 2

**Game Time 7:30pm Pacific**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

G9P2.jpg

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Gabe Vilardi, Brandt Clarke & Todd McLellan 10/25 Post Game Quotes

Gabe Vilardi
 on what he felt went well for him tonight, sliding up onto the second line
I?m just playing hard, that?s it. I?m just trying to keep it simple and play hard every game. Arvy goes out, that?s a tough loss for the team. When I slid in, I got to play with Mooresy and Phil, who I played with a little bit in the preseason, and that was a big win for our team today.
Vilardi
 on what he felt the Kings did better as the game went along
I think our neutral zone tonight, they didn?t create much coming through there and I think we held them up really well. Our breakouts were cleaner as the game went on and that was huge for us in transitioning from defense to offense.

Brandt Clarke
 on his assist to Blake Lizotte late in the second period
It was kind of late in the shift, so I?m happy that [Lizotte] finished it off so the guy wasn?t going the other way. I knew that I had a lot of time and space in the middle of the ice and when Arty got me the puck, I just tried to make something happen.
Clarke
 on if he?s thinking at all about the nine-game mark or just going along with things, day-to-day
I?m just letting things take care of themselves. I?m doing video with the coaches, I?m still a part of the team, so I?m just going day by day and enjoying my experience right now. I?ve been welcomed into the NHL and I?m just happy with how everything is. I?m happy to be on this team and just going to keep going for here.
Clarke
 on getting a win against a team like Tampa Bay tonight
I think it?s huge. Coming off the tail end of that road trip, we didn?t finish how we wanted to, especially in that third period against Washington. I think it was a big step for us. It?s a talented team and going in with a two-goal lead again into the third period, we didn?t want to blow the lead last time but I think we used it as a good learning lesson. We kept the pedal to the medal for all 60 minutes this time.

Todd McLellan
 on what he felt was the most impressive part of tonight?s win
I thought our penalty kill was very good, against an outstanding [power play]. There were a whole bunch of good things tonight, but I thought our penalty kill gave us a strong belief. 5-on-3, a few other situations, we drew a penalty on our penalty kill, great goaltending. That was a real important thing and then fewer homerun chances for the opposition. We?re not perfect, but there were fewer and I thought we committed more to checking than we have in the past.
McLellan
 on if he would compare this win to last year?s team, styilstically
Last season is last season, I think I?ve said this 100 times, this is a brand new slate for us. Yeah, there are some tendencies that showed up, which is a good sign, but I?d like to think we?re moving in the right direction, even the game in Washington, other than the comeback. We?re starting to do some things characteristic of last year, but this is this year?s group. We?ll still find our way and evolve as we go.
McLellan
 on learning from mistakes in Washington and closing out the game with a strong third
We aggressively checked, and sometimes when you ask your team to check, they back off and they?re just standing and taking it, but we aggressively checked. When we had to go up ice, we went up ice. When we had to do what we needed to do in the neutral zone, we did it. We were all playing the same system for the most part, versus off on our own.
McLellan
 on Gabe Vilardi and not changing his approach with a line change
I can?t say enough about the young man, he?s been outstanding since training camp. The fact that Arvy wasn?t able to go after warmup, it was a bit of a surprise to us, but things got shuffled quickly and he has the toolkit to be playing up there. He?s got a lot of confidence on the power play right now, he?s checking well, using his body, his size. I think, as he leaves the rink every day, he?s really enjoying the game and he?s earned it.
McLellan
 on Brandt Clarke as he approaches nine games played this season
I think the fact that we keep using him, and putting him out in all situations. Special teams, 4-on-4, down by a goal, up by a goal, he seems to find his way out on the ice, so obviously we believe in him or we wouldn?t be doing that. The organization has to sit down and make decisions on what?s right for him, for us, for the future, for now. All Brandt has to do is worry about practice tomorrow and he?s done a really good job of that and he?s gotten great guidance from the older players in the locker room. That?s all he has to worry about, and he keeps worrying about only the next day, pretty soon it?s going to be June of next year and he?ll be flying home. If he gets too far ahead of himself, it gets tough.

G9P3.jpg

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G9KF.jpg

G8KD.jpg

G1KG.png

Kings Injuries

Alex Iafallo (LTIR)

Jets Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G9JF.jpg

G9JD.jpg

G9JG.jpg

G9JI.jpg

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

G9GSK.jpg

G9GSJ.jpg

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G9PSK.jpg
G9PSJ.jpg

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G9-Standings.jpg

Tonight?s Poll Question:

Last season the Kings & Jets played three 3-2 games. What will be the GOAL DIFFERENTIAL in tonight's game?
(# goals by winning team minus # goals by losing team)
You can take 2 guesses

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game?s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed either that Perry would get nothing (and like it) and/or came within +/-2 mins of 13:17 of the 2nd period for the the GWG by Lizotte:

+/- 1 Minute (12:17-14:17) 2 points
(all 3 got 3 total points, too!):

VegasHockey
DRGinLBC
Clif

+/- 2 Minutes (11:17-15:17) 1 point:
Dexter
pray4mojo
hornman
Bill Hicks

0 Perry Points:
jammer06
CIrvine
VegasHockey
DRice
Rusty
srm1105
Rogie-Vachon
randdog
dannybuoy1
John a90
DRGinLBC
LeftyKing
Kurisu
JETS GARAGE
hornman
Clif
Dr. Tran
kingrussell
Bill Hicks

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 7 points:

VegasHockey

6 Points

LeftyKing
RoS

5 Points

Bill Hicks
Clif
hornman
John a90
Liz4LA
Rusty

4 Points

AngelEyes
dannybuoy1
DRGinLBC
Kurisu

3 Points

randdog
Sevenhole
SirJW
srm1105

2 Points

05/29/93
beady eye
beedee
Chateau Bow Wow
CIrvine
Dexter
Drice
empire
forum gold
Helvetica
Nyssa42
pray4mojo
salami
TooCool
waynet

1 Point

Busted Chops
Dr. Tran
HTK
jammer 06
JETS GARAGE
KHenry14
kingrussell
kingsmen93
kopinator
notbob
PuckMaster
Rinkrat
sonnyboy11
STONE

***Bet your karma in geogirl?s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G9P1.jpg

Thank you, Susan et al!

Hope our Kings can make it 2 in a row at home.

GKG!!!

Thanks, Nyssa!

GOAL DIFFERENTIAL 1: 1
GOAL DIFFERENTIAL 2: 3

Go Kings Go!!!

Thank you Nyssa! Ill go with 2 or 3 as the differential

Please take them boys from the peg seriously tonight guys. I know Toronto is coming but they aint here yet.

If neither of those are correct, then whatever the differential is, is my real guess.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back