World Juniors Championship 23

santiclaws

I was in the pool!!
May have been a different game if not for the Clarke goal being called back because of the offside. But Canada definitely expected to win just by showing up.

Is there any other Kings property in this tournament besides Clarke?

Besides Clarke, there are two:
Kenny Connors (USA), center/wing, fourth round 2022
Otto Salin (Finland), defenseman, fourth round 2022

Goal + assist (so far) for Clarke in a blowout vs. Germany.

Nice to see the kid get the experience of a lifetime for an up and coming Canadian player.

And put to rest the rumors surrounding his past snubs.

He played decent today, but did get caught up ice a few times. Definitely not as dominant as Doughty was at the WJC, but I guess not many are.

Clarke is lucky Canada pulled that off. He had some boneheaded plays they were lucky didn't hurt them more.

Aside from watching Clarke, that was in insane game. Can the Kings have either one of those goalies?

Clarke is lucky Canada pulled that off. He had some boneheaded plays they were lucky didn't hurt them more.

Aside from watching Clarke, that was in insane game. Can the Kings have either one of those goalies?

Think Seattle has Canada's, but yeah I hear ya. And yeah, didn't want to overstate it, but was going to say Clarke resembles Durzi more than Doughty. But he did settle down and they had him out there in the third and overtime a lot, so that's a good sign.

I swear Clarke looked better with the Kings than he has in the WJC. I think he's trying to do too much.

Clarke is going to have a very short career if he doesn't stop cutting across the middle with his head down.

I think he's trying to do too much.

I hope that play where he took off chasing the play with no helmet and no stick leading to a penalty was a scathing learning experience that was strong enough to never be repeated as a King.

Clarke out there for the tying goal. Let's see if he makes amends. Doughty historically is good at atoning for his screwups.

Boom, stretch pass to set up the 2 on 1. Just like Durzi, you gotta take the bad with the good.

Yup, very nice stretch there from Clarke to set up the 2 on 1.

He's got it all to be that "modern day" NHL dman.

Aside, I was really impressed with Otto Salin 3 points and a team leading +4 for a guy considered more of an offensive type. He was impressive.

Clarke back to Barrie. Nice stretch of play for him, but i think this isnt a big shock.

Ultimately this is the correct choice, provided it doesn’t cause some sort of rift between the player and the management. He looked OK at the NHL level, but the kings have plenty of talent at right side defense, and there’s no need to rush him into the fray. Hopefully he is AHL eligible next season, or improves his skating to a degree that he is more effective at the NHL level. Spence deserves a shot before Clarke, in my opinion, and the competition for those few RHD spots available come next training camp will be juicy..

Back