WTS: Contender - MTL 11/25

Clif

Super Star
Across multiple boards Habs fans hated this game and most credited the Kings as contenders. Non hfboard and reddit posts from:

Habs & Hockey Talk

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com

Pregame:

-I hope somebody absolutely destroys dicklips PLD with a crushing hit. Legal. Not. All good.
-Copley will be starting for the Kings today as Talbot played yesterday against the Ducks. Copley's numbers this year are the let's just say not great 3.75 GAA and a .845 SV%
—So that means a shutout is on the m enu right
-You just know Dubois is going to have a beast night tonight after doing sweet f*** all for the entire year so far
-French Anthem in LA? we'll I'll be damned... class act
-Kings have so much depth

Game:

-So the Kings are pretty good or Habs can’t get much going? Pretty tight
-Kings are awesome defensively and create well offensively. Definite playoff team.
-Really making Copley work
—Shouldn’t he be back home making toys?
-Bright side is that the Habs are winning the hit battle 13-4
—The benefit of not touching the puck!
-Having a beer fixed everything during yesterdays game, might as well try it today as well. Whats the worst that can happen?
—You could run out of beer trying!
-Pierre-Luc Dubois huh, I thought he was a fraud
-This might be the worst period of hockey I've ever seen
-No legs, no size, no chance
—How do you know about my love life?
-Coldplay is probably reading a book back there.
-1 shot in 20 minutes for an NHL team. Imagine how hard and rare it is to make the NHL. Then picture 1 shot for an entire team of NHL players in 20 minutes.
-The Kings run a lot of sneaky interference which they have down to a science and get away with.Not a great team by any stretch by play heavy and plodding in a well oiled system. Habs need to focus on offense and stop trying to play the King's system which they will lose all day.Pheonix Copley is garbage but won't score without shots
-This is the team bergevin never knew how to build so he just joined them instead in an obscure role.
-The red light is gonna start going off whenever we get a shot
-Kings announcers are pretty fair calling the game
-Just switched from the Kings feed to our feed & wow TSN really is crap. Switching back to bankrupt Bally that can still outperform TSN.
-when has this team looked good in California?
—‘93
-Come back kids vs potential 2023 SC winners? GHG!!!
-I could join you all with negative comments, and the Habs are contributing, but the Kings look like a team that will challenge for the cup.
—Kings will be up there. They have a well balanced, complete roster. When a team needs to go to a shootout against the worst team in the league to get the win, is it surprising that it looks less than brilliant against one of the best?
-Man announcers covering for 2 very soft goals let up by Allen. Absolutely no way Edmonton has interest
-Losing is fine. Looking like they don't even belong in the same league is not.
-so when our old friend Phil gets his day with the Cup, where will he bring it?

Postgame:

-Kings are the 3rd best team in the NHL by Pts% ... and it showed ... even against their backup goalie.
-Watching the Kings play as a team makes me miss watching the play of Philip Danault. It was obviously a better move signing Hoffman.
-we all knew this would happen. one of the best teams in the league on a winning streak, with a ridiculously low GAA and playing the trap against a small soft team with some bigger gents who also play like midgets.
-They aren't very good but there aren't any really good teams in the NHL.
—Yup this is the weakest year I can recall in all my years watching hockey. There aren't enough NHL caliber players to support 32 teams, and they're still talking about expanding more.
-I saw some good teams recently like Bruins and Bolts but I have to say LA Kings are real Cup contender stuff. A team so well structured, I see nothing bad with this team. They are very hard to beat, best 1-3-1 system of 2023.
-One of those games that remind you how far the Habs still have to go. I’m interested to see how far the Kings can go in the playoffs this year, after 2 straight first round exits

wow....this is...kind of scary-amazing reading these comments - I guess it's time we Kings fans also start feeling like our team is actually really good?

Loved all of these:

-This might be the worst period of hockey I've ever seen (this is what I was thinking about midway through the 1st period when nothing was happening- all the play was in the neutral zone)
-Coldplay is probably reading a book back there. (LOL)
-Kings announcers are pretty fair calling the game (thanks! we love them)

-Losing is fine. Looking like they don't even belong in the same league is not. (oh, we Kings fans have felt your pain, Habs Fan!)

Postgame:
-we all knew this would happen. one of the best teams in the league on a winning streak, with a ridiculously low GAA and playing the trap against a small soft team with some bigger gents who also play like midgets. (Habs really, really do need to add some size)

(disagree with this one, just leaving it for context)>>-They aren't very good but there aren't any really good teams in the NHL.
—Yup this is the weakest year I can recall in all my years watching hockey. There aren't enough NHL caliber players to support 32 teams, and they're still talking about expanding more. <<<<THIS SO MUCH!!

-I saw some good teams recently like Bruins and Bolts but I have to say LA Kings are real Cup contender stuff. A team so well structured, I see nothing bad with this team. They are very hard to beat, best 1-3-1 system of 2023.

This is echoed by every announcer for the other team every night! I love watching the away broadcast and seeing their reaction to the Kings play, then look forward to this thread!

Thanks again for the positive reception to these. I enjoy putting them together though I did miss a couple due to holiday times. Of course Kings are winning so much too they make it hard to keep up - here’s to that continuing all year!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back