WTS: Fake Elite - FL 11/16

Clif

Super Star
Non-hfboards and reddit content pulled from: Litter Box Cats

Pregame:

-This is the toughest game on the trip, any points are a bonus tonight.
—Nope. Anaheim. Cronin can coach. McLellan cannot. Our fate rests in Talbots hands.
-we're definitely better than both the kings and Ducks. Its just Anaheim will be tougher than the kings.
-Panthers have lost 11 of 13 in LA going back to the '04 lockout. I remember the loss from last year because the tying Panthers goal was called back on a BS goalie interference call on Quick.
—Chuckys stick got caught in his goalie mask, lol. Pathetic diving.
-At least that loser Quick isn’t there anymore!
-Jonathan Flop isn't in net for Divers West tonight, at least.
-My sister has never seen the Panthers win while she's in attendance. A streak that has existed since 1994. They better win today or else it's a 2 game losing streak

Game:

-First shot Bob is on the case!
-Looks like a 1-5 loss.
—Nah. Florida's gonna win this. LA is fake elite.
-Lmao Doughyboy cross checked Barkov but we get a penalty LOL
-Skating in mud
-hey our second shot! we did it
-Anyone want to help Bob tonight or?
-Wow they are all over us and winning the little battles. Wake up boys!
-Kopitar and Barkov touched. We all survived. I thought the universe might explode.
—They’re two of a kind for sure.
-Somebody said having Talbot in goal would be good for the Panthers. Won't make a difference unless they get out of their own zone for more than 10 seconds..
-Good adjustments by PoMo. This is going to be a slugfest. We look a lot like each other rn.
-LA is ass. Lmao at the pundits who have them as contenders. They create nothing. They're fortunate Florida was asleep the opening minute. This is LA at full health with they're 36 year old journeyman goalie playing way over his head.
—LA has been a playoff team for two straight seasons now. Idk about cup contenders, but they're a solid team with some decent young talent led by some vet players that have aged very well.
——They don't stand out at any one thing. Their best, in their prime players are probably fiala and kempe. Neither is a center and kempe can't create on his own. They have a bizarre collection of players. Even their group of centers aren't franchise core pieces.
-2 games in a row played in a morgue. Can these sleepy west coast losers drink a few beers and get rowdy? Thanks.
-Kings are the new Islanders. Borefest galore.
—I bet Maurice salivates their grinding
-Think that's game. If you thought LA played a boring, zero event style of game through 2 periods, wait until you see the 3rd.
—It’s floridas style not LA
-I don't watch many La games but goodness are they dull.
—Their games r usually entertaining and physical. Florida games have been a snooze fest. All they do is keep puck along boards and fling shots from point.
-5 power plays. No one to blame but kompon
-5th power play's the charm right?
-Kompon needs to be fired. Like this is so embarassing to watch. If this team had a PP they could be the best in the league.
-Doesn’t feel like our night, but still in it.
-Can’t make a goal if can’t make a pass. Bad cats! I wish we had Talbot.
-Huberdeau heard everyone talking, 1G, 1A tonight. Weegar 1G too.
—People have been talking for weeks......
-We've got a chance guys!
-I can feel it in my bones. Pressure on Talbot is starting to heat up. We’re pretty good at making goalies break once they bend.
-Panthers getting every call right now. A few blatant penalties missed
-Dubois legs hitting the post made me cringe. Hope it's nothing too bad.
-Wow, sure am glad I stayed up for this one.

Postgame:

-As far as I’m concerned, we did not look bad. Basically, LA came out hot as hell looking to put the Cats on their heels and mission accomplished. Talbot had some good stops but the Kings D was the bigger factor.
-Tough game. The Kings just had the answer all night to the Panthers forecheck. As they always seem to have.
-Meh. Sometimes you’re the bug and sometimes you’re the windshield. Ultimately, dropping a 2-1 decision to a Western team like LA is as “good” of a loss as you expect.
-were actually right next to san jose in ppg and pp%.
-Anze Kopitar is the only person I enjoy watching score goals against the Panthers. 36 and he's still a prominent two-way, top flight center in the NHL. I don't know if he'll end up in the Hall of Fame, but I definitely think a strong case can be made. He's not a player that has a ton of individual accolades to his resume, but the Kings have built around him for almost two decades.
-Cam Talbot had maybe one of the best games I’ve seen by a goalie since Jon Gibson had that 50 save game against a couple years ago. There was a seven minute stretch in the third period where he was in an absolutely insane zone, like the puck was a basketball or something.

Wow those are some pretty disrespectful fans (with a few knowledgeable ones filtered in). Post game comments were positive though.

Thinking Anaheim is a tougher challenge than the Kings? That poster must not watch much west coast hockey.

Thanks for sifting thru that crap. My favorite was the continual comments on how boring LA is. Apparently 3rd in GF/GP is a lot more boring than 19th. Apparently all the mirrors in south Florida were destroyed in the hurricanes.
The mirrors destroyed by hurricanes - classic! The disconnect was strong last night on that side. And it’s funny to me how many fanbases still call the Kings “boring” as, like you said, they’re a far cry offensively from where they used to be. Best guess is it’s boring for a number of fans to watch their team get shut down the way Kings play.

Wow those are some pretty disrespectful fans (with a few knowledgeable ones filtered in). Post game comments were positive though.

Thinking Anaheim is a tougher challenge than the Kings? That poster must not watch much west coast hockey.
I went longer than I’d want to but the volume of salt was surprising so had to include it a lot of it. Not exactly a rival team.

this is comedy gold right here!! I did not realize that Kompon is their PP coach - that's so hilarious! Because Panthers' PP was pretty awful last night. Have to admit the Kings did kind of play "old school boring" style of hockey last night, but it worked! (but, super-lol at the loser who thought the Kings would be an easier win than the Ducks??)

And our arena was a morgue because half the attendees didn't make it until the 2nd period due to a major freeway being shut down.....

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back