WTS: Game 4 - Hockey gods hate us.

Rusty

I lost my password
TEAM LGK
Pre Game
Why does every single oilers game have to start at f***in 8pm

All the LA mom's be getting McDaddy'd tonight.

Carolina is a ?better team? than the Oilers and just dropped 2 in a row against the Bruins and the series is 2-2. Does that mean they?re going to lose the series? Maybe, maybe not
If the Kings take the lead at any point tonight I hope people think of that before going off the deep end.

I got a bad feeling about this game
?I have it about every game?lol

True story from this morning....not a joke.
My wife wanted to go to church. So we did. There were a few of us at the table after the service having coffee. The priest comes up.....we all start talking. Hockey naturally comes up. One at the table says how he lived in Calgary for a good portion of his life, kids were born and raised there, one is a die hard Flames fan so he doesn't know which way to lean in the prospect of a BoA.
The priest then sits down and says: "Let me make this easy for you. Would you rather be anointed with the Oil of the Spirit or burn in the Flames of hell?"
With that, the husband of one of my wifes oldest friends, gets up and leaves without saying a word. We all kind look puzzled to which my wife said: "He's a Flames fan".

All the teams down 2 - 1 today look like they're going to win. No one wants to go back on the road down 3 - 1. The Kings will be feeling the same and will bring everything tonight. At least I think they will.

Yikes can't anyone in LA sing ?
?This series can't go 6 games.
I do not want to listen to this singer again
?For the city of angels, they certainly don't sing like them.
?Slo motion anthems
?Gotta win the next two so we don't have to hear this travesty again,
?Kopitar looks like he?s in pain from the terrible anthem singer.
?The cheer was for the fact she was almost done.
?This singer sucks
?Are you finished yet?
?With their first round pick in the 2022 draft the LA Kings select ?Celine Dion, anthem singer?

Game
Quick looks shaky.
Off the post damn.

Score first and you win, we?ve seen this before
First one is crucial
Oh boy if we come out ahead at some point we can thank the hockey gods a bit.

LA has jump from having all these new bodies. It will be temporary

I love playoff hockey

Nurse didn't get the memo. You gotta elevate the puck on Quick.
?All shots need to be going up top on Quick, he?s a smaller goalie and goes down early.
?Don?t speak bad about Quick.
He?s the enemy, but?. He?s so flexible!
But I agree. In all seriousness. He can?t be beat on the ice low. But anything waste high he struggles with

LA close to making some fatal mistakes already. They?ll bend and break soon.

This is the equivalent to a murderer chasing you down a dark alley for them, lose this game and there suddenly is a dead end to the alley and the murderer has a chainsaw.

Of all the horse****.
Puck hits the ref, then they get another lucky bounce. f*** off with that. No chance for Smith

Pretty sure the Refs f***ed that up for Us.

Oilers obviously think they are the **** and can give 75% effort tonight.

Kings completely carrying the play.
?This is so freaking bad right now, just zero f***s given.

This has the same feeling as game 1. Just absolutely lost out there

Ref jumping like Jordan to ensure they don?t get in the way of LAs offense. Stands there like an idiot when we?re trying to play our Defence.

0-0. Without bad Ref bounce. Nothing to worry about. Kings were always gonna come hungry. I don?t see anything I didn?t see in the first of the last game.
?f***ing refs.

The puck was nearly 10 feet from crossing the end line when the linesman called it for icing. Weird.

Man I?m f***ing tired of betting commercials I saw what happened to Fred Flintstone when he got involved in gambling.

If they go down 2 goals....then panic

Deserve to be down 2-0
?Ruh roh
?Time to worry now lol
?We look like the Maple Leafs
?Bullsbit

Not great. Very tough start. Good things the Kings remembered they're the cup favourites

The overly optimistic posters that constantly make excuses for this team never learn.
They should know better by now and be able to weather these pushes and push back.
?Letting these little ****s back into the series like this is gross.

How expected. Kings pushing hard and we?re playing like we?re just happy to not be losing the series.
Bouncing back from this is going to be incredibly telling about how this group has grown since last season.
?Wow y?all so negative, not true fans, something something
?Not all heroes wear caps, but yours looks firmly in place.

It?s 2 goal. It?s not game. Did you guys forget how many we?ve scored in each of these games so far? We roar back in our money period, the Second.

Discusting play so far. Nobody is playing well aside from Smith. It's like we arent even trying to push. Wright this period off and have a better 2nd.
{Do they not have spell check in Canada?}

I don't think it's an effort thing, to be frank.
Ofcourse the kings were going to come out swinging, and they've gotten all the bounces. And there has been a loot of bounces.
LA ice crew I think sandbagged it to hurt our offense to be frank.

5 damn shots. Team didn?t show up to the building
Little Ben must be disgusted
?Ben is going to tear them a new one if they don?t pick it up

Kings leading so shouldn't the game managers be giving us 7 straight PPs?

It's McJesus Time. Need a big shift by The One.

It's 2 for 1 night for the Kings on the shot clock. The usual pathetic LA tactics.

Hyman took a HARD slash right on the hand when going infront of the net. Unreal that they miss this stuff.
?They don't miss it. They ignore it.

If only Kassian didn?t eff up that breakaway. Oh well?
?The one where he got slashed on the hands?

Stop going low on Quick!!!!!!! Jesus Christ. You won?t beat him low. I thought we figured this out in games two and three. He?s too flexible and too fast. Go high!!!!!! No idea why they aren?t doing that this game

Playing My Sharona on an organ should be illegal.

Looks like low call night tonight with interference and hooks not being called. Didn't have that on my NHL referee game management BINGO card for tonight.

We are outscoring them 17-8 overall at the moment and might come out of game 4 with 2-2 series tie still. And I can imagine we won't get 5 PP's to catch up like LA miraculously pulls out when we're blowing them out. Have to get this come back done 5 on 5

This is classic Todd McLellan hockey by the Kings, so far --- everybody throw everything at the net, hope for tips and lucky bounces. (This is why McLellan can't coach power plays.)
If the Oilers wake up and start skating, they will nullify that. But if they keep holding back, the McLellan-garbage-offense-hockey will continue to succeed.

Don?t worry boys. We got this
And that isn?t just the whiskey talking

if one of the finalists on Canada's Got Talent isn't someone who can crush a 12-pack in 12 seconds it should be cancelled.

What happened to the brains of all our dmen?
?Underwhelming

We aint scoring tonight
?Here's hoping??
?reverse psychology

They are going to call that...California reffing
?2 minutes for, **** I dunno...trying to strip a former all star of the puck I guess.

Crosscheck literally sticks to Connors equipment. No call.
?So McDavid gets crosschecked so hard the guy's stick breaks over his back, but that's hooking.

And this is why this team can't afford to take periods or games off. The refs are never going to apply game management in our favor.

f***ing soft ass call.

2 mins for a stick lift.
Game management, gave us the first because we were down by two. Need to square up the next one. It?s so predictable in a game by game basis, it?s not even a conspiracy against any one team.
?If the tables were turned, LA would be getting every powerplay. As evidence by the last gameIf the tables were turned, LA would be getting every powerplay. As evidence by the last game

Kopitar is treated like an absolute golden child. SOFT calls all day long on him

That was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen. That was a pure stick lift.

Nuge is the new Danault.
?I wish Nuge was half as good as Danault.
?Yeh too bad he?s better.

Bench Draisaitl already.
f***ing useless
?Draisaitl has been f***ing brutal.

for f***ing f*** sakes f*** f*** f*** me

31-13 are the shots. LOL. Goodness.

Maybe the games really are rigged and the script calls for an LA win tonight?

f*** off seriously f*** right off Quick!
?Quick looking unreal
?Hahaha wholy crap.
?If they can find one late, that would be huge. Quick out of this world saves
?f*** you quick
?Ok 2012 Quick.
?Quick gonna shut them out tonight. He's dialed in now.
?Quick is on tonight. Not looking good for a comeback.
?Quick is dialed in. Won?t be beat tonight high or low. f***ing frustrating
?You just have to tip your cap. Great saves from Quick
?Did he make that save with his bare hand?
?After that sequence I don?t think Quick is getting scored on tonight
?Oilers will never score a goal ever again... ever.

I don?t have a complete hopeless feeling going in the third, get one early and maybe we?ll be gifted a powerplay to even it up.
The hockey gods want overtime tonight, I feel it in my bones!

Quick hasn't been that great, Oilers are just shooting along the ice and hitting posts .. this is as average as it gets for playoffs goaltending.

We are playing catan and everyone is rolling 10,11, and 12?s
?I need bricks but i keep getting sheep
?Just need a grain and ore to get a development card. Pull a year of plenty and we are back into this game.

Someone wake up Leon.
?I heard he's started smoking again.

So??
How?s everyone feeling?
?Drunk.

Not loving that Quick is so damn hot right now. I was mad that we were going low, but then started going high and he was saving those too so I dunno anymore. Just shoot the damn puck any which way at him now

Send Ben down to the room to bust some asses

I can't believe Quick is gonna get a shutout
?Shutout is guaranteed.. did I say shutout? I meant shutout!

f***ing Drai out to kill the play...and likely the PP

Completely expected.. can't have the Oilers up on the PP count.
What was this phantom penalty?
?Players tackled, cross checked, hooked all game and that's called. lol. Nice.

yet you can f***ing break a f***ing stick on McDavid's back leaving the f***ing stick shards stuck in his f***ing jersey and no f***ing call? f*** off refs!!!!
?Refs need to be the stars of the game since it's a boring ****fest where this dog**** team is winning

What a quiet building too, very few chants etc.
?They could care less
?Other than ?refs you suck? whenever they take a perfectly valid penalty.
?Maybe we should care less. Boys would probably win a cup lol

Actually astonishing how they're only down 2-0 with how bad they've played.
If they play an actual quality team, this game is likely 6-0 right now

How is that a "good hockey goal"
That's not how the game is played.
?Why should that goal count? How?s Smith supposed to hold the post when he gets crashed into?
?Don't know how that can count but we are in LA.
?thatll count
the officials f***ing suck
?Grubdstrom initiated contact. No way it goes in if he doesn't hit Smith.
If this is a goal f*** this league.
?It'll be a goal and a penalty against the Oilers.. plus maybe a penalty shot and a 2nd given up by the Oilers in the 2022 draft.
?Dont challenge it.
Just have archibald and kassian go out and take Quick out.
?Every break away from now on I want to see guys going face first into the goalie.
?So apparently you can fall down and slide into the goalie and it's good goal.
I'm sure that will be fairly and clearly implemented across the league.
?One more time, you absolutely run Quick now

Kane has an official and 2 kings holding him.
f***ing linesman deserves to get knocked the f*** out.

I'll buy an Archibald jersey if he bowls over Quick.

Lets see some blood to end it!

California officiating made a return tonight. Wow.
?Pretty sure it's always been there and always will be.

Love to see Smith pound the living **** out of Quick if it gets crazy.

Crashing the net in a 3-0 game intentionally trying to injure Smith?
f*** it, next play run into Quick, take him out of the series.
?Send Kass to take out Quick.

Grundstrom and Andersen both need their bells rung the next game.
?Quick too.

Kings got some dirty players

Post Game
Well there's 3 hours I can't get back.

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated​
- Anze Kopitar

My god, does any fan base in the NHL complain more about the reffing? We all bitch a little but this is entitled and childish.

OMG, the whining crybaby Oilers fans. It's amazing that everything that goes well for them is sheer brilliance on their part but everything that goes wrong is some grand conspiracy working against them. I guess when you call McDavid "McJesus" & do it unironically, that means you can do no wrong. And all that pissing & moaning about the Grundstrom goal, did they not see that he was tripped? And calling for cheap shots because a call doesn't go their way, very classy. But that's the team too, isn't it? Especially Kane. I want to beat this team so badly. It's not just for the win, which would be great. But I want to see the great flailing meltdown that's going to happen on this team & in the city of Edmonton.

OMG, the whining crybaby Oilers fans. It's amazing that everything that goes well for them is sheer brilliance on their part but everything that goes wrong is some grand conspiracy working against them. I guess when you call McDavid "McJesus" & do it unironically, that means you can do no wrong. And all that pissing & moaning about the Grundstrom goal, did they not see that he was tripped? And calling for cheap shots because a call doesn't go their way, very classy. But that's the team too, isn't it? Especially Kane. I want to beat this team so badly. It's not just for the win, which would be great. But I want to see the great flailing meltdown that's going to happen on this team & in the city of Edmonton.

Classless losers, did you see how many of their fans giving us the finger up against the boards ?

–This series can't go 6 games.
–For the city of angels, they certainly don't sing like them.
–Slo motion anthems
–Gotta win the next two so we don't have to hear this travesty again,
–Kopitar looks like he’s in pain from the terrible anthem singer.
–The cheer was for the fact she was almost done.
–This singer sucks
–Are you finished yet?
–With their first round pick in the 2022 draft the LA Kings select “Celine Dion, anthem singer”

First off - I love Hannah...but if you're gonna bring back THE BLACK PARADE - then bring back this beauty, eh?
Pia+Toscano13.jpg

Kane has an official and 2 kings holding him.
f***ing linesman deserves to get knocked the f*** out.

I'll buy an Archibald jersey if he bowls over Quick.

Lets see some blood to end it!

Love to see Smith pound the living **** out of Quick if it gets crazy.

Crashing the net in a 3-0 game intentionally trying to injure Smith?
?Send Kass to take out Quick.

Grundstrom and Andersen both need their bells rung the next game.
?Quick too.

Kings got some dirty players

Wow, what a bunch of whiny-assed psychos. It's just gets crazier and crazier with each subsequent post. Seriously, someone must be spiking their Canadien Whiskey with anti-freeze.

"Pre Game
Why does every single oilers game have to start at f***in 8pm"

Boo-freaking-hoo. I am thrilled to be up until 1 in the morning watching playoff hockey. What is this baby crap complaining about a game starting at 8 pm?

Some say..."Did he make that save with his bare hand?"

99939.jpg

Not great. Very tough start. Good things the Kings remembered they're the cup favourites

Since when are we favorites to win the cup? Didn't read that article.

"Quick hasn't been that great, Oilers are just shooting along the ice and hitting posts .. this is as average as it gets for playoffs goaltending."

This comment proves that not all Canadians know hockey.

"California officiating made a return tonight. Wow.
–Pretty sure it's always been there and always will be."

How an Edmonton fan could think the refs are calling these games in the Kings favor is beyond me...funny how there are no comments that Kane should have been thrown from the game and suspended for attempted eye gouging, or all of the dives the Edmonton players have taken (including Smith) to draw penalties.

"Crashing the net in a 3-0 game intentionally trying to injure Smith?
–Send Kass to take out Quick."

Super classy - I don't think any goaltender takes more hits per game than Quick (including Hyman cross checking him from behind last game).

?This series can't go 6 games.
?For the city of angels, they certainly don't sing like them.
?Slo motion anthems
?Gotta win the next two so we don't have to hear this travesty again,
?Kopitar looks like he?s in pain from the terrible anthem singer.
?The cheer was for the fact she was almost done.
?This singer sucks
?Are you finished yet?
?With their first round pick in the 2022 draft the LA Kings select ?Celine Dion, anthem singer?

First off - I love Hannah...but if you're gonna bring back THE BLACK PARADE - then bring back this beauty, eh?
Pia+Toscano13.jpg

I can't believe they were actually dissing Hannah...she's fantastic. But I love me some Pia.

Canadian hockey fans are insufferable. Could Oilers fans be the worst fanbase in hockey? When hockey is literally the only thing you have to look forward to all year it kinda makes sense, especially when none of your teams can win a cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the collective age of those posters? Its gotta be teenagers posting all this emotional rollercoaster stuff right?

And btw EVERY fanbase complains about the refs when their team loses. I remember SJ fans during the 2014 cup run..WOW!

I hope the Oilers never win anything so these fans can cry to sleep for eternity.

I love these Oiler fans imploring their boys to shoot "High" on Quickie. If this was such an obvious thing Quickie would have been run out of the league 10 years ago. Yet we see this canard over and over again. Sheesh

What a bunch of pathetic whinny bitches! It's the refs fault, of course it is... The harder working TEAM won, simple.

Correction: The hockey gods don?t like to reward one trick pony teams?just like they didn?t reward the Kings for being undisciplined in games 2/3 with penalties and playing unstructured pickup hockey.

Edmonton would love this series to be played like pickup hockey. It?s all they know.

What is the collective age of those posters? Its gotta be teenagers posting all this emotional rollercoaster stuff right?

And btw EVERY fanbase complains about the refs when their team loses. I remember SJ fans during the 2014 cup run..WOW!

I don't know about that. I was at both games and the fans (adults) were just as mental.
They really think there are forces (refs/league) conspiring against them, even though they got how many overall #1 picks?

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back