WTS: LAK @ ANA - ???rale!

Rusty

I lost my password
TEAM LGK
Pre Game
I want to win against LA, but I also want to leave Vegas out of playoff position. Can we win and just grant LA our 2 points of tonight, sort of like a goodwill gesture?
Actually, can we give the points to Vancouver and hope they get in and leave LA and VG both out?

How the f*** does La have the record they have with a -4 in goal deferential? Dallas too.. WTF!!
?Because they aren't very good.
?LA has won a lot of one-goal games.
?Pot calling the kettle black.
?you really think we don't know the ducks suck? lol
?Ducks aren't very good either, that's pretty commonly known around here or to anyone that turns a Ducks game on.

[VGK twitter} Hey @AnaheimDucks.....
If you beat LA tonight, we'll ask Pietrangelo to give the Breakaway Challenge title to Zegras.....
deal?
?vegas twitter acting like anyone actually thought Pietro won that competition lol
?f*** Vegas!

Canucks fan here, LETS GO DUCKS

Game
Josh Mahura remains bad.
?Sam Steel of defensemen.... Makes me forget what he's good at.
?steel isn?t going to be here next season.
?We're tanking and that's Eakins boy....

Melrose sounds drunk
?Maybe Leah hextall would have been better
?I?m fighting to stay awake. This broadcast is brutal, worse than Hextall. lol.
?I'm watching it in Spanish.

I?m fighting to stay awake. This broadcast is brutal, worse than Hextall. Lol.
?Melrose sounds horrible.
?It?s not just that, they are severely homering the Kings.

The play-by-play isn?t bad but the commentary is brutal. It sounds like they picked a random fan to hop on the mic
?Leah>these dudes!
?Hahahaha I?m Watching the Spanish dub
???rale!

Play by play call of the year, ?I like Gibson. He?s good tonight.?
?I always forget how lucky we are to have hazy and ahlers. These ESPN guys are awful.
?I know, they might as well be wearing Kings jerseys. Grr.

Kings will get blasted in the first round.
? Yea, but they?ll make the first round.

According to the Kings fans sitting in front of me, if they win tonight they?re winning the cup.
?I don?t think that?s how it works.
?Sounds about right.

Verbeek definitely posting on here
?LMFAO literally spit my water out

Comtois punching Roy in the face when separated and not getting an extra 2. Rare Ref W
???rale!

Of course quick is playing like it's 2012
?Quick is out of his mind tonight
?Quick is god mode

I ****ing hate Quick man.
?I ****ing hate the Kings and unfortunately Quick is on the Kings
?I ****ING HATE JOHNATHAN QUICK!!
???rale!

What in the f*** is going on with Quick tonight?

Kings are going to win this game because of Quick

I thought they scored, Friggin Quick man.
?lol which time?

Where?s that kings fan that came in here? Wondering what he thinks of this 2nd so far, because this is what the playoffs will look like

Well fellas, I'm liking what I've seen so far, but I'm about to pass out - here's hoping I don't wake up to a maddening score.

The call on the ice might be the crucial factor here
?lol of course
?f*** this league , and F the Kings.
?Toronto has made it clear who the league wants in the playoffs
?That's an amazingly bad call.
?Which one? The no goal or the overturned no goal?

They dominated the second. Quick came in clutch. When we need Gibson to come in clutch. He chokes.. and f the NHL. That was clear cut goalie contact

I hope ****tenkirk gets explosive diarrhea every day for the rest of the summer. So he gets extreme dehydration and has to retire.

Some of our guys went to the Jason Blake School of Shooting I think.

Post Game
??rale!

Ha. It seems like every fan base hates the Golden Knights.

Actually, the Kings aren?t getting blasted the first round.

If anything, that?s a bad first round matchup for western conference opponents. Particularly if Quick starts getting hot.

The Avs are the one team that doesn?t seem to have an issue with this Kings team.

– Melrose sounds drunk // Yes, yes he did.
– Maybe Leah hextall would have been better. // I wouldn't go that far.
– I’m fighting to stay awake. This broadcast is brutal, worse than Hextall. lol. // See above.
– I'm watching it in Spanish. // I'll have to try that next time.

"–I always forget how lucky we are to have hazy and ahlers. These ESPN guys are awful."

That's some great luck, ooof.

– Melrose sounds drunk // Yes, yes he did.
– Maybe Leah hextall would have been better. // I wouldn't go that far.
– I’m fighting to stay awake. This broadcast is brutal, worse than Hextall. lol. // See above.
– I'm watching it in Spanish. // I'll have to try that next time.

Bee: I've watched in Spanish (to mess with my algorithm) and despite my clear lack of understanding, ESPNdeportes does a far better job.

Since we are throwing shade: the first episode of that slapdash NHL show they have on ESPN with Barry & John I took one look (& listened for one segment) and decided: Melrose looks like how COVID must feel. Oof. They even shot him super tight because of his hands shaking. Poor man.

086059b54e0b0a692d3fcae2548a7f753509e5707f3dc426331595a7ccdb5da9.jpg

I knew Ducks fans were delusional, but damn.

ESPN broadcast was flabbergastingly terrible. Usually is.

The PBP wasn't bad but there is something wrong with Melrose....he doesn't sound right.

But Ahlers and Hazy? LOL... They were judged to be one of the worst combos in the league at one point. The same time Miller and Fox were top 5. How things have changed....I think.

jom

To semi-quote Huell Howser - "I'll tell ya what. I'm missing Doc & Pierre even more now...And what EXACTLY does Linda Cohn bring to the broadcast?"
ap294289477506-5c0ddcd8a2092474975ed1407e7f9eb01716ab99.jpg

To semi-quote Huell Howser - "I'll tell ya what. I'm missing Doc & Pierre even more now...And what EXACTLY does Linda Cohn bring to the broadcast?"
ap294289477506-5c0ddcd8a2092474975ed1407e7f9eb01716ab99.jpg

depending on who you read in the game day thread...either sobriety or baseline neurological functioning.

They pretty much do

I think it has to do with their persona as a franchise and the fact that the NHL handed them ridiculous perks as part of expansion when other markets were handed a #1 pick and had to pay dues of sucking for a decade.

I wonder if the fan bases of other "bottom tier" teams in the playoffs are as pessimistic about our ability to make it to round 2 as we are? or are they all like, "yeah! playoffs!! whole new game! we've got this!" ?
We Kings fans have got to be the most realistic-about-our-chances fan base of any team?

I wonder if the fan bases of other "bottom tier" teams in the playoffs are as pessimistic about our ability to make it to round 2 as we are? or are they all like, "yeah! playoffs!! whole new game! we've got this!" ?
We Kings fans have got to be the most realistic-about-our-chances fan base of any team?

I think every lower-tiered-team's fanbase has that pessimism about their team's ability to make is to the next round of the playoffs. We were very realistic about our chances in 2012 as well, if I remember correctly. We then, all of a sudden, went on the beat Vancouver who I believe won the President's Trophy that year.

Either way, the fanbase will be split. Some will say they're very realistic (pessimistic) about our chances, and others will say that the playoffs are another animal (optimistic). Only the Kings can determine which side of the fanbase will be right. All we can do is cheer them on.

The PBP wasn't bad but there is something wrong with Melrose....he doesn't sound right.

But Ahlers and Hazy? LOL... They were judged to be one of the worst combos in the league at one point. The same time Miller and Fox were top 5. How things have changed....I think.

jom

My personal favorite quotes off LGK were something like "Melrose looks like COVID must feel", and "Melrose just finished mainlining Benadryl". Yup.

Personally can't stand Doc whatsoever, glad he's gone. Especially in the video games. Linda Cohn brings her googley eyes lol.. scary.

Local feeds are a lot better than national. Chicago's definitely my favorite crew this year to listen to.

Last edited:
Either way, the fanbase will be split. Some will say they're very realistic (pessimistic) about our chances, and others will say that the playoffs are another animal (optimistic). Only the Kings can determine which side of the fanbase will be right. All we can do is cheer them on.

Well that's just a disappointingly rational argument.

? Melrose sounds drunk // Yes, yes he did.
? Maybe Leah hextall would have been better. // I wouldn't go that far.
? I?m fighting to stay awake. This broadcast is brutal, worse than Hextall. lol. // See above.
? I'm watching it in Spanish. // I'll have to try that next time.

Are you sure about that? If it's one of those 6-5 games, this might become hard to sit through 11 times:

All of us watching the game agreed that Linda Cohn has "Crazy Eyes" lol

intro-video-5f8742927e7071001da88b5a-cvbD9sI3w-hN1TORRTc-no-wm-thumbnail.0000000.jpg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back