WTS: MN Loves Fleury (and Fiala) 10/19

Clif

Super Star
I used to love the WTS threads Rusty put together so I thought I’d put one up again. Hope the formatting is okay.

Pregame:
-Happy Kevin Fiala day to all who celebrate
-Stop Trevor Moore, he has 3 goals for the Kings already.
-Would be nice to see Kap undress the mouth breathing, oxygen thief Doughty again tonight.
-The love affair with Fiala continues.

Game:

-"You do not see NHL goaltenders, especially Fleury, get beat from there" We saw it all last season Wes come on
-f*** your trapish neutral zone Todd
-I saw the Wild arena crew working on that stanchion before the game, I think they tweaked it on purpose, nice job
-Forgot pld is a King now
—Dubois? Don´t like him, he comes off as a douche.
——He's a King. It's kind of synonymous with that team for the past 10 years or so.
-Oh sh*t...we are in Cams head now!!!
-Cam is a sieve!
-This is what I dislike about the offside challenge. That was like 2+ mins before the goal. Seems off
-PP here we come....bust this open now!!
-Does anyone know, what's Talbots role with the kings? Backup, surely?
—The Great Locker Room Dude!
-Pretty rare you get to say this about many defensemen, but Faber is a blast to watch play.
-I said it a couple games ago... as much as I like Fiala, I'm 100% in love with that trade. Faber for Fiala straight up (hindsight is always 20/20) would have been a win for us. Add the pick... chefs kiss
—Not sure about "win" but I am glad that one of the players we got for him doesn't suck.
——Nevermind. He was on the ice for that goal. Bust. Trade him!
-LMAO, wtf Fleury
-If they don't pull Fleury after the 1st...
-Fine call. Pull MAF now Dean. Actually f***ing do something tonight
-If Fleury retires this weekend do we get that cap space back?
-4 goals in a period is not good.
—But he did save 3 shots…
-Faber = bust
-Fiala assist alert
—I don’t think we do that anymore.
——We don Kevin Fiala day.
-LA is in shambles right now with Fiala and his two assists but no locker room presence
-I just find it really hard to hope for wins from a team that has absolutely zero shot at winning a playoff round. It’s a sh*tty feeling
-I would imagine the emotional words in the room would include, "Come on, guys. It's Talbot for cripes sakes!"
-For a guy who doesn't like Fiala, Dean sure seems to want to help him rack up more points
-Come on, guys. It's Talbot!!!!
-Zucc just made Fiala look like a defensive stalwart lmao
—Fiala had a nice box out play around his own net earlier too to help end a Wild chance.
-Why would these guys come out so uninspired at home? Just weak effort all the way around.
—I don't think they've been uninspired. They've just gotten out-goalied.
-Kings are pretty good.
—lol

Postgame:

-Kevin Fiala wins Kevin Fiala Day, Gus gets the next game so that's good
-Foligno showing that $4 mil leadership quality in the last 3 seconds there
-Future HOF'er let us down, but they love him in Montreal, what a legend, and all round great guy! So humble, one of the guys, locker room pranks are the BEST... who cares if he's sh*t!

The comments in the athletic post game are pretty fun too for author Joe Smith:

my favs

I’m astounded at the stupidity of starting Marc Andre Fleury in net tonight. This is an indictment on our coaching staff. If you want to play him in some throw away game against the junky Montreal Canadiens where he has an emotional connection to the city that’s fine. But tonight was a winnable game against a team very similar to us in level of skill. These are the games we need to win. But instead we trotted out our back up goalie. Not the starter, the back up. And it cost us this game. Love me some Flower but the fact is he is not a starting caliber goalie anymore. It’s not like we had games back to back nights here. Don’t overthink it. Has this coaching regime learned nothing at all from past mistakes? If they haven’t, what are we doing here? It’s early in the season and Gus doesn’t need the rest. Start your starter. Period. Am I overreacting here? Probably. But what good coach ever does stuff like this?

All you people who were screaming for Sammy Walker, he looked like an AHL player all night. Devil’s advocate: so did most of the rest of the Wild.

Wild fans have such an obnoxious blind spot for Minnesota players it’s hilarious. I’m rooting for Walker as well but he looks exactly like Gerry Mayhew 2.0, can torch the AHL but is completely overmatched in every way in the NHL. Remember when everyone wanted Ben Myers so badly and then it turned out the NHL is 1 million times more difficult then the NCAA and it doesn’t matter if you played for the Gophers. I hope he figures it out but I would take Kharia or Beckman 9 out of 10 times. Also it would be nice to see Dean do literally anything on the bench, outside of D pairings the guy must have major PTSD from changing goalies midgame or shuffling forward lines. You have a much improved, highly skilled Marco Rossi and for the life of him he can’t imagine not having him play on the 3rd line. It’s a 5-2 game in October and he absolutely refuses to try anything different with his forward combos exactly like against St. Louis and Dallas. What would the harm have been in giving Rossi some shifts on the top line? Not like Hartman was playing lights out and isn’t capable of playing a bottom six role for 10 minutes. Always aggravating he just seems way too stubborn to do literally anything but scream at the refs.

I find it hilarious when Wild fans complain about neutral zone trap lmao. They are literally the most generic, uncreative trapping team in the NHL.

Did they forget their foundation was hiring Mr. trap himself, Jacque Lemaire?

I mentioned in the GDT I listened to the Wild broadcast and their color guy was tearing Talbot apart the whole game, even after really good saves. It was weird.

Thanks for the WTS. Them's were always my favorite!

What I find amusing is the delusion that the wild fans think their team is nearly equal in skill to the Kings.. quick, name their top 3 centers? I’m not even sure I know who their true #1 center is.. 😂

I mentioned in the GDT I listened to the Wild broadcast and their color guy was tearing Talbot apart the whole game, even after really good saves. It was weird.

Thanks for the WTS. Them's were always my favorite!
It's kind of weird. They traded Talbot after Fleury signed the extension. Talbot made comments that he had intended on retiring there.

I used to love the WTS threads Rusty put together so I thought I’d put one up again. Hope the formatting is okay.

Pregame:
-Happy Kevin Fiala day to all who celebrate
-Stop Trevor Moore, he has 3 goals for the Kings already.
-Would be nice to see Kap undress the mouth breathing, oxygen thief Doughty again tonight.
-The love affair with Fiala continues.

Game:

-"You do not see NHL goaltenders, especially Fleury, get beat from there" We saw it all last season Wes come on
-f*** your trapish neutral zone Todd
-I saw the Wild arena crew working on that stanchion before the game, I think they tweaked it on purpose, nice job
-Forgot pld is a King now
—Dubois? Don´t like him, he comes off as a douche.
——He's a King. It's kind of synonymous with that team for the past 10 years or so.
-Oh sh*t...we are in Cams head now!!!
-Cam is a sieve!
-This is what I dislike about the offside challenge. That was like 2+ mins before the goal. Seems off
-PP here we come....bust this open now!!
-Does anyone know, what's Talbots role with the kings? Backup, surely?
—The Great Locker Room Dude!
-Pretty rare you get to say this about many defensemen, but Faber is a blast to watch play.
-I said it a couple games ago... as much as I like Fiala, I'm 100% in love with that trade. Faber for Fiala straight up (hindsight is always 20/20) would have been a win for us. Add the pick... chefs kiss
—Not sure about "win" but I am glad that one of the players we got for him doesn't suck.
——Nevermind. He was on the ice for that goal. Bust. Trade him!
-LMAO, wtf Fleury
-If they don't pull Fleury after the 1st...
-Fine call. Pull MAF now Dean. Actually f***ing do something tonight
-If Fleury retires this weekend do we get that cap space back?
-4 goals in a period is not good.
—But he did save 3 shots…
-Faber = bust
-Fiala assist alert
—I don’t think we do that anymore.
——We don Kevin Fiala day.
-LA is in shambles right now with Fiala and his two assists but no locker room presence
-I just find it really hard to hope for wins from a team that has absolutely zero shot at winning a playoff round. It’s a sh*tty feeling
-I would imagine the emotional words in the room would include, "Come on, guys. It's Talbot for cripes sakes!"
-For a guy who doesn't like Fiala, Dean sure seems to want to help him rack up more points
-Come on, guys. It's Talbot!!!!
-Zucc just made Fiala look like a defensive stalwart lmao
—Fiala had a nice box out play around his own net earlier too to help end a Wild chance.
-Why would these guys come out so uninspired at home? Just weak effort all the way around.
—I don't think they've been uninspired. They've just gotten out-goalied.
-Kings are pretty good.
—lol

Postgame:

-Kevin Fiala wins Kevin Fiala Day, Gus gets the next game so that's good
-Foligno showing that $4 mil leadership quality in the last 3 seconds there
-Future HOF'er let us down, but they love him in Montreal, what a legend, and all round great guy! So humble, one of the guys, locker room pranks are the BEST... who cares if he's sh*t!

Thanks for this

Thx clif! WTS threads one of the best parts of a win (schadenfreude ya!) Think they're righf about Faber though, kid looks like he might be something... But stop Moore? Hah.. You can only hope to contain him! Mighty like a thousand oaks! GKG!

I was offended at first then realized they are a Wild fan.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back