WTS: Tank Commander - PHI 11/4

Clif

Super Star
I don’t want to pile on Cal too much but it was the story of the night for Flyers fans too. Would still be real happy for him if he ever rebounded.

Pregame:

-Cal Petersen shutout. Sean Walker hat trick. Book it.
-You guys are watching this? On a Saturday night?
-Big test for the boys
-How do you feel that Rao’s is now running ads during Flyers games?
—I think the people that are still watching this team do buy gravy in a jar *shudder*, so I am forced to respect the market research.

Game:

-Nice first shot for Petersen to face. Legitimately surprised he stopped it...
-I have a hard time watching the games this year because I don't think they are bad enough to finish with a high draft pick, but they aren't good enough to even make the playoffs. I really have no reason to cheer for either wins or loses.
-I'm watching the Kings broadcast. Mostly because they have Carrlyn Bathe who is the daughter of Frank Bathe and that reminds me of the 1980 team. Which makes me smile. Don't remember much of Derek Armstrong but he is in the studio all and is a real pisser.
—Don't think I caught half of what he said but he's having a great time so I enjoyed it.
-That escalated quickly.
-The rout is on!
-Kopi and Kempe are one of the better low key 200ft duos around these days.
—Two beautiful players
-Not the most exciting period. Long road back, but the opposing goalie is Cam Talbot...
-This "PK changed the momentum in a positive way for the Flyers" intermission talking point really falls flat after two even strength Kings goals in the same period.
-If you wanted to deliberately design the least effective PP, this is pretty much what the result would be..
-these LA helmets are masterpieces and it's a f***ing disgrace that we don't have orange chrome helmets.
-Why is Frost being played like a JVR role?
—Because this team routinely hires coaches based on how mean they'll be to players instead of how competent they are
-The Kings are aware than the Flyers PK is also their scoring line.
-Hear me out: what if Flyers played short-handed the whole game?
-Everyone is misused on the PP. We have an AHL goon running it and a HC who admits he knows nothing about offense.
-Ahhh crap, a Flyers power play.
—Yeah it would be great if they could "defer" not take a PP, and just wipe out the next PP for the other team.
-Byfield is flying
-Byfield has been a monster today. Nice job vs three Flyers to free that puck up.
-Cam Talbot is going to shut out the Flyers again, isn't he?
-Please let Petersen play many more games
-I guess I shouldn't have gotten up to grab a beer. Or I should have grabbed more than 1.
-Well this is spiraling
-It's all Fiala-ing apart.
-Cal Petersen needs to start every game for the rest of the season.
-Now let's take one of EDM's goalies for some picks too
-This is the worst goalie we have ever had. At his salary we should of got at least a 1st
-Peterson may low key be the hero we need- a supreme tank commander coming out of nowhere from the depths of the AHL to get the Flyers a higher draft pick
-Hard work and a plucky attitude will only get you so far against a top-3 defense.
-Hopefully the effort is better Tuesday Night after they see Morgan Frost nailed to a cross in the press box dying for their sins.
-Sharks will beat these f***s

Postgame:
-Def didn't get enough for the Petersen contract.
-Does Talbot even need a shower ?
-We should blame the refs when we lose like Bruins fans do
-Good solid loss; they never had a chance. For those in favor of a tank, Peterson can be a true commander. Maybe the man we need for a high draft pick was rotting in Lehigh Valley this whole time
-Back on track. Nice loss
-Sharks game makes me nervous. I am all for the tank but that would be shameful.
-We saw a local college put on "Macbeth." It was highly appropriate seeing the play again as a Flyers fan, since this season is a "tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing."

Lol Phlyers fans are great. Their cynicism is unparalleled. I really hope their sh*t owner sells the team to a better owner

Great stuff, one request can you link the boards you go to? It's nice to find new team sites.

-Good solid loss; they never had a chance. For those in favor of a tank, Peterson can be a true commander.

That’s some funny stuff. The question about the sharks is a good one. Great Shame for the first team to lost to them and it will probably come in the next five games.

Great stuff, one request can you link the boards you go to? It's nice to find new team sites.
Thanks so much and good idea - I’ll start linking. A lot of comments come from HF Boards just based on volume of posts there. Some from Reddit also.

For this game pulled some good stuff from Broad Street Hockey - Flyers News, Discussion, Analysis, and More. The MacBeth line for one came from there, which I thought was particularly awesome.

Last edited:
Cal Peterson makes me think I still have a chance.

Thanks for the WTS - it's always fun after a win.

Don't remember much of Derek Armstrong but he is in the studio all and is a real pisser.
—Don't think I caught half of what he said but he's having a great time so I enjoyed it.

Oh Army.. lmao.

-It's all Fiala-ing apart.

Shakespearean.

-Peterson may low key be the hero we need- a supreme tank commander coming out of nowhere from the depths of the AHL to get the Flyers a higher draft pick

Oh my. The laughter.

==

By the way. The Sharks have lost 2 games by giving up 10 goals. Nobody will out tank them.

Last edited:
That person is on drugs. Chrome helmets are one of the lamest thing we got going.
you speak BLASPHEMY!! We have won nearly every game we have played in those helmets!!

This thread was awesome. Gotta admire their love/hate for Cal. I, too, was surprised when he stopped that first shot. Then he turned back into a pumpkin/the Real Cal.

also...Rao's pasta sauce is the BEST pasta sauce, and it has recently been bought out by Campbell's, who swears they are not going to change the recipe, but you know it is going to suck soon.

That person is on drugs. Chrome helmets are one of the lamest thing we got going.

Heartily disagree. They seriously jazz up the tedious white aways.

you speak BLASPHEMY!! We have won nearly every game we have played in those helmets!!

This thread was awesome. Gotta admire their love/hate for Cal. I, too, was surprised when he stopped that first shot. Then he turned back into a pumpkin/the Real Cal.

also...Rao's pasta sauce is the BEST pasta sauce, and it has recently been bought out by Campbell's, who swears they are not going to change the recipe, but you know it is going to suck soon.

This is what I feared as soon as I heard the news of the buyout. It is a wonderful go-to not only for spag, but for my homemade pizza as well.

Heartily disagree. They seriously jazz up the tedious white aways.

This is what I feared as soon as I heard the news of the buyout. It is a wonderful go-to not only for spag, but for my homemade pizza as well.
I love the chrome helmets, I think it’s a great match to the silver crest on the white throwback jerseys. Paired with the white gloves, it’s a great look for what would otherwise be a very boring white road uniform.

Also, Rao’s is definitely one of, if not the best, commercially available sauces in a jar. I’m pretty certain the secret is to look at the ingredients for whole peeled or whole crushed tomatoes, rather than something that says it’s from purée. There are a few others out there that are decent, and that’s generally the trick.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back