WTS: The Q Pendant - AZ 10/24

Clif

Super Star
Appreciate that the last WTS was well-received - thanks so much for the positive comments. I missed these when they were gone also, so will keep this going.

As expected, not a lot of AZ comments to pull from, but found a few posts weird enough to share, plus some bonus Oiler hate.

Pregame:

-I'll be at the game tonight pulling for the Coyotes. Unfortunately all off my Coyote jerseys are back in AZ, so I'll be repping the Yotes in an Islanders jersey. Big early test. The Kings are one of the early favorites in the Western Division. I think we'll get a good sense of how good the Coyotes are tonight.
—I was actually called out last year when I went to a Coyotes - Kings game wearing my Islanders jersey. They projected me up on the digital screen with the caption "LOST FAN" (since I wasn't wearing a jersey from either team playing that night). In between periods I had people coming up to me saying NY is 2500 miles that way.

Game:

-Krapitar
-3 outs to go in the Diamondbacks game f*** the Kings too.
-Ingram out already
-Veggie time
-We are just straight up losing every damn puck battle
-Hey.... we put a dent in it...
-Ugh, then give it right back
-At least the Oilers lost again. Another 7 goals allowed. 1 win in 6 games.
—Ken Holland doesn’t want to improve the D and goaltending…it’s fine. Mike Smith, Skinner, Ekholm and a 40 year old Duncan Keith will do thank you very much!
-pucks & bodies to the net, because Copley is giving up rebounds
-Horseshit that they don't call Byfield there.
—That crosscheck was aggressive af
-Byfield high sticked Dumba…quick someone cross check him! It’s legal apparently.
—Mug him. Shiv him with a shank and shank him with a shiv.
-Jesus Christ on a bike, if the disallowed offsides wasn’t a sign. Durzi’s twig snapping on that shot sure was. Weren’t meant to win this one tonight boys.
-Damn Hayton, just so unlucky. To quote one of the greatest german philosophers Andi Brehme: "Haste Scheiße am Fuß, haste Scheiße am Fuß".
-Derp. That was some Mike Smith style leakiness.

Postgame:

-Would love a big Mullet magic win against these guys. We had no puck luck and ended up on the wrong side of the officiating. Also need to address whatever defensive breakdown happened in the first.
-I want Q Byfield targeted and retaliated against with extreme prejudice. Two reasons; 1) the Keller cheap shot obviously and 2) he plays hockey with a big gold chain and a giant gold “Q” pendant on the necklace - his own effing name. What a loser. I don’t care if he’s a rich, successful profession athlete. That’s unforgivable. And he’s a loser for it.
—I’ve always thought it was dumb how all hockey players wear chains. Absolutely ridiculous. But he takes the ridiculousness to another level.

Last edited:
the officiating was very odd last night, I'll give them that. Ticky tack calls, and then nothing for very blatant stuff. I don't remember that Byfield incident, but there were several incidents by both teams that I was surprised didn't get called - guess they didn't want the entire game to be 5 on 4. There were quite a few scrums at the far end of the ice from me that I didn't see what led up to them. Friday should be interesting.

the officiating was very odd last night, I'll give them that. Ticky tack calls, and then nothing for very blatant stuff. I don't remember that Byfield incident, but there were several incidents by both teams that I was surprised didn't get called - guess they didn't want the entire game to be 5 on 4. There were quite a few scrums at the far end of the ice from me that I didn't see what led up to them. Friday should be interesting.
Thanks again Clif.

Yeah, Byfield deserved 2 minutes for the crosscheck after Gavi got high sticked. However, they gave the yote player only 2 minutes for that and it should have been 4. So, it kind of evened out anyway.

This was a bit odd: ”To quote one of the greatest german philosophers Andi Brehme: "Haste Scheiße am Fuß, haste Scheiße am Fuß".” 😁

And they seem to hate Byfield almost (but just almost…) as much as many members here do…

I really hate posts like this:

I want Q Byfield targeted and retaliated against with extreme prejudice. Two reasons; 1) the Keller cheap shot obviously and 2) he plays hockey with a big gold chain and a giant gold “Q” pendant on the necklace

It's so easy for a fan to say stuff like that when they are comfortable in their Mom's basement

I really hate posts like this:

I want Q Byfield targeted and retaliated against with extreme prejudice. Two reasons; 1) the Keller cheap shot obviously and 2) he plays hockey with a big gold chain and a giant gold “Q” pendant on the necklace

It's so easy for a fan to say stuff like that when they are comfortable in their Mom's basement
Same. In figurative fan speech I “hate” McDavid, especially after concussing Mikey. I want the Kings to play him tough and get under his skin but not concuss him back. That benefits no one. It’s not literal hate.

I sure as hell don’t want Englund to do to anyone what he did to Turcotte. Hoping that being in the Kings org. now means he has already been spoken to about not crossing the line.

Wishing injury is as classless as it gets. I get that there is a rivalry and some Yotes fans still feel slighted for 2012 game 5 and the CA/AZ rivalry, but still.

There's being a fan and there's being a douche and he is shopping in the feminine products aisle right now.

I mean.. the Q necklace is a bit goofy. I hope one of the other fellas has warned him off from wearing it out to the bars and clubs around town. 😹

2) he plays hockey with a big gold chain and a giant gold “Q” pendant on the necklace - his own effing name. What a loser. I don’t care if he’s a rich, successful profession athlete. That’s unforgivable. And he’s a loser for it.
—I’ve always thought it was dumb how all hockey players wear chains. Absolutely ridiculous. But he takes the ridiculousness to another level.

Yeah I don't agree with the previous extreme prejudice part but I saw the gold all last year and assumed it was just a gold chain (I dislike the chains too), but then the "Q" started popping out this year and l laugh every time I see it. Speaking of what's with every home game I see they have little babies and kids wearing huge fake silver chains in LA... lol - that started after I moved I guess.

Same. In figurative fan speech I “hate” McDavid, especially after concussing Mikey. I want the Kings to play him tough and get under his skin but not concuss him back. That benefits no one. It’s not literal hate.

I sure as hell don’t want Englund to do to anyone what he did to Turcotte. Hoping that being in the Kings org. now means he has already been spoken to about not crossing the line.

Fan speech is indeed a thing - though you get the occasional sociopath. McDavids a whiny cheating douche but his community work truly impresses me (I looked it up a little bit last years playoffs). So yeah I don't think I'd ever sit on here saying I hate some athlete because they're 100,000x better at a game I like to watch and could never play in my life, but people tend to become overexcited keyboard warriors, hence why WTS threads are typically gold.

He crosschecked the the sh*t out of a guy who highsticked Gavi (unintentionally I believe) in the 3rd? I enjoyed the play. Byfield being tough is new this year.

"Haste Scheiße am Fuß, haste Scheiße am Fuß".”
😁

It's easier if you know the "ß"s sound like 2 S's, "Scheisse" (sh*t) and "Fuss" (almost sounds like foot).

source: my mother is German, which makes me German I think.

Last edited:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back