Your favorite moments of the season....so far

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
As I was walking towards Crypto.com Arena/Staples Center on Saturday night I could hardly believe it was already the final home game of the regular season. And I started thinking back to my favorite games of the season, and one really stood out in my mind - the home game against the Penguins. We had just laid that 4-0 beat down on the Red Wings, and also a fairly easy win over the Rangers (3-1). And then we beat The Penguins!! Now, yes, the past several years we have beaten the Penguins at home, but not like this. We scored 6 goals against the Penguins!

What's YOUR favorite moment from the season?

Hello all,

Long time reader, have posted very few times. I’ve just enjoyed watching the growth, being competitive and generally responding to the next games when they were beat down. The future sure seems bright!

I have to go with beating the Golden Knights 4-3 in February in Vegas. When Vegas went up 2-0 those clowns in the stands thought it was over. The looks on their faces after Kempe scored the game winner was priceless: "What the hell happened?"

Should have included this in my previous post...but this one is a close second:

Should have included this in my previous post...but this one is a close second:

this was definitely one of my top moments.

I also really enjoyed the Byfield shootout goal that the Kings ultimately lost. The skill to go across the body top corner, and the smirk afterwards... *chefskiss. Moore had a recent shorthanded goal where he stripped the puck forechecking, wheeled and sniped. Loved that.

Hello all,

Long time reader, have posted very few times. I’ve just enjoyed watching the growth, being competitive and generally responding to the next games when they were beat down. The future sure seems bright!

Came here to say that I've really enjoyed watching Durzi this season. It's great knowing the youth on the team can rise to the occasion.

Watching the Kings implode to the Kracken 6-1. Not my favorite...more of a head scratcher that has stuck with me.

Opening night vs Vegas and the Kopi hat trick
Last home game beating the Ducks (nice to see Crypto packed to the gills again)
Both the Kempe OT winner above and beating Vegas in Vegas and Kempe's shhhhh
Watching this team exceed all expectations, especially with the injuries

Philip netting his first 20 goal season (then 21st)-- atta boy;
The finger biter game;
Kopitar's hat trick at the opener then his (surprising) laughter in the post-game interview about it. It was nice to see him smile;
and all of Moore's shorties.

Since I'm "that guy" - Royal Army Opening Night - which sent way too many season ticket holders scurrying to call their ticket rep so they could move their seats as far away as possible from that obnoxious new group that began this season (because that how they do it in Germany)

Galaxy Night - when the overly & actually worse Angel City Brigade was "invited" to share their brand of soccer chanting & constant drum banging - to the chagrin of TV & radio followers - who had to endure a blow out loss - and the banging until the final buzzer blared in an empty arena.

Oh, the good things? Sorry - personally - having Luc wander up to my tunnel at 328 - and I had a brief yet very nice conversation with him, giving him & Rob Blake full kudos for their successful rebuild & not going all Sam McMaster & George McGuire with draft picks.

They're doing it right & we are ahead of schedule. 100 possible points without 3 key defensemen & the how the young guys stepped up their game.

Meeting and hanging out with Jordan Spence's dad and fam when he was playing in his first NHL game, Kings vs Blackhawks March 10. Jordan filling in for Drew, his dad was pumped. Now the kid will be playing in the NHL playoffs for which he was involved in helping the Kings to advance.

GKG!!!

I would have to say it's been one long string of moments from the resiliency. Overcoming and growing from the periodic beatings we took, but especially really living the next-man-up philosophy and the emergence of all the young guys and role players into a cohesive, playoff bound team. Remember the playoffs were just a distant dream from our original, opening day roster. Instead, we're playoff bound with a rag-tag band of miscreants learning as we go.

Kempe becoming a ninja was amazing. Seeing the sparkle of potential and smooth instincts in Spence has been exciting. Moore's shorty's were all highlights. Durzi the puck-moving workhorse (we'll just ignore the panicked forechecking turnovers).

And Danault the MVP. More than any other player he's been the character of this team this year, overachieving by example and carrying all the young guys with him in the effort.

Those are all a blur of the moments for me. All combined together. Can't remember the last season every game was a must watch like this year has felt like.

Playoffs are just a dessert.

The Garrett Sparks moment was nice.
Athanasiou’s timely “speed kills” goals.
The “second line.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly the off the ice moment of the year has to be that Winnipeg WTS thread. A true Chef's kiss of internetdom.

I would have to say it's been one long string of moments from the resiliency. Overcoming and growing from the periodic beatings we took, but especially really living the next-man-up philosophy and the emergence of all the young guys and role players into a cohesive, playoff bound team. Remember the playoffs were just a distant dream from our original, opening day roster. Instead, we're playoff bound with a rag-tag band of miscreants learning as we go.

Kempe becoming a ninja was amazing. Seeing the sparkle of potential and smooth instincts in Spence has been exciting. Moore's shorty's were all highlights. Durzi the puck-moving workhorse (we'll just ignore the panicked forechecking turnovers).

And Danault the MVP. More than any other player he's been the character of this team this year, overachieving by example and carrying all the young guys with him in the effort.

Those are all a blur of the moments for me. All combined together. Can't remember the last season every game was a must watch like this year has felt like.

Playoffs are just a dessert.

Same. I don't have a favorite moment, but watching the team no one expected to make the playoffs grow before our eyes and develop into a tough, gritty group. The talent to win the Cup is not there yet, but those seeds have been planted.

It's hard to pick out specific moments. Probably the most memorable one for me was Kempe shushing the crowd after his game winner. And I didn't even remember what game it was until I just saw the clip. Overall I'd say all the guys who weren't expected to be on the team but who contributed to them winning. Most notably Garret Sparks & Christian Wolanin. Also the emergence of the so-called 2nd line as a unit. The brilliant moves by Blake to pick up Danault & Arvidsson, who exceeded all expectations. And every single utterance of the words "Thousand Oaks native".

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back