I was wrong, we’re not good at all! Please continue complaining…

I believe he needs something a little or a lot more potent.

25053667_0.jpg

EDIT: I’ve changed the title again, no need to be optimistic right now… ;-)

So let me see if I understand this correctly?

- First we bitch about that Blake is a lousy gm until he seems not to.
- Then Talbot is crap, until he’s not.
- Byfield was a bust and the whole draft crew had no clue what they were doing, until Byfield developed EXACTLY as projected by the said draft crew and became a stud.
- Then it’s Kaliyev or Laferriere that is not good enough and must be traded or sent down, because as we all know all good teams have 4 lines made up of only McDavid, Panarin and Kucherov like players…
- Now it’s PLD that is horse sh*t and brings absolutly nothing to this team!!
- And let us not forget that we can only beat lousy teams and are doomed when the playoffs starts and we have to meet good teams…

From the sound of it, you may think Kings are at the bottom of the league and the best we can hope for is a good draft position. A draft pick our allegedly crappy GM of course still will mess up …

I know this is LGK and that we of course should discuss both the good and bad about the team we all here love. I’m also exaggerating a bit just to have some fun, but come on!! Enjoy the season, we’re a effin good team!!!

GKG
I know this was supposed to be completely tongue in cheek but it pretty much all came true with the exception of Byfield being very good. Luckily for the GM this summer, his production tailed off a bunch at the end of the season so that 3x5M bridge is possible rather than a 7x8M extension. But yes Blake sucked. A bargain goalie played like a bargain goalie. Kaliyev washed out and Laf was a feel good story but ultimately a bottom 6 winger. PLD is the worst contract in the NHL. And we only beat lousy teams and did nothing in the playoffs.

Sometimes the gloom and doom crew is right. I almost feel like I should change my avatar to VB as King Tut but only one member (and true LGK legend) can fill that role.

I was joking about Kaliev that every time he scores...he's scratched for ten games... How many scratches would he have gotten had he ever got a hat trick with us??? We might never see him again...

True Buck Flake and PLD sucked to a nuclear level... No questions there... Their actions spoke louder than words...

Not sure if Talbot was bad or just unlucky as was Big Save Dave was either great or lucky... Next season...I'd go with Portillo/BSD...

My piece of advice is to NEVER include a full NMC ever (past year 1 of the contract to see if they're worthy of it) but go with very limited NTC contracts even if they deserve them... This would mean fewer of them would be hampering the team by staying past their buy before dates...

My piece of advice is to NEVER include a full NMC ever (past year 1 of the contract to see if they're worthy of it) but go with very limited NTC contracts even if they deserve them... This would mean fewer of them would be hampering the team by staying past their buy before dates...
This has been another of my issues with Blake's tenure. The amount of NMCs/NTCs he handed out as well with some of these contracts. This team carried seven players with those clauses this season.

I can remember a GM that had success with this team that was extremely wary of such clauses. That probably had everything to do with finding players that had character and wanted to be here to accomplish championships with the team rather than the weather... Ha, funny. Those are two traits that do NOT apply to the current GM.

This has been another of my issues with Blake's tenure. The amount of NMCs/NTCs he handed out as well with some of these contracts. This team carried seven players with those clauses this season.

I can remember a GM that had success with this team that was extremely wary of such clauses. That probably had everything to do with finding players that had character and wanted to be here to accomplish championships with the team rather than the weather... Ha, funny. Those are two traits that do NOT apply to the current GM.
Loved the you can't paint stripes on a kitty cat philosophy...

It’s not the 1-3-1. It’s not Hiller or anyone else. It’s players who give a damn and smash stuff up in the playoffs. Forget the system and just go nuts. (Insert Batman mene here.) we aucj because we have no reason not to again.

It’s not the 1-3-1. It’s not Hiller or anyone else. It’s players who give a damn and smash stuff up in the playoffs. Forget the system and just go nuts. (Insert Batman mene here.) we aucj because we have no reason not to again.
One thing I’ll say is the Kings’ response in game 3, as ugly as it got, was the response I had been looking for the entirety of the last 3 seasons against the Oilers. A lowpoint for me is still their refusal to throw the game away and send a statement last year when McDavid concussed Mikey.

And then what happened after game 3 - they came out hitting everyone and absolutely limited the Oil. They didn’t match that physicality where it mattered most, by battling around the net, but for about 4 periods it actually looked like they were tired of taking it from the Oil.

One thing I’ll say is the Kings’ response in game 3, as ugly as it got, was the response I had been looking for the entirety of the last 3 seasons against the Oilers. A lowpoint for me is still their refusal to throw the game away and send a statement last year when McDavid concussed Mikey.

And then what happened after game 3 - they came out hitting everyone and absolutely limited the Oil. They didn’t match that physicality where it mattered most, by battling around the net, but for about 4 periods it actually looked like they were tired of taking it from the Oil.

So yer saying 4th time may be the charm?

So yer saying 4th time may be the charm?
Not exactly…just good to see these guys finally demonstrate some self-respect. Would hope that carries over to next season somehow.

On the Oil, they will have to retool soon after continued failures with McDrai. The Kings have a shot then.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom