I was wrong, we’re not good at all! Please continue complaining…

This sounds a LOT like what the Edmonton Oilers were saying during their 2-9 skid a couple of months ago. It was the loss to San Jose that finally ended the Woodcroft era for them. I’m not sure if this team needs the same type of shake up because the issues are different. The players TM leaned on during the early part of the season (Kopitar, Doughty, Talbot) are running out of gas. This team may be built for playoff hockey, but they’ll be too burnt out by the time they get there. Questions around goaltending and how to help PLD be successful need to be addressed before this team can take that next step. IMO this season is already a wash
Well, we are playing the Sharts next Monday :D

This sounds a LOT like what the Edmonton Oilers were saying during their 2-9 skid a couple of months ago. It was the loss to San Jose that finally ended the Woodcroft era for them. I’m not sure if this team needs the same type of shake up because the issues are different. The players TM leaned on during the early part of the season (Kopitar, Doughty, Talbot) are running out of gas. This team may be built for playoff hockey, but they’ll be too burnt out by the time they get there. Questions around goaltending and how to help PLD be successful need to be addressed before this team can take that next step. IMO this season is already a wash
What evidence is there that they’re built for playoff hockey?

What evidence is there that they’re built for playoff hockey?
Duh, their playoff success over the last few years and their play of the past three weeks is proof that they are ready to win it all.

They are poised, poised I tell you. Poised, for um, well..... to fall out of the playoff picture?

My buddy in Chicago texted me this gem earlier today. I hate that guy.
-7609836675508613163.jpg

And the stupid Sharks have won 3 straight.

Attachments

• -7609836675508613163.jpg
    -7609836675508613163.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
I feel bad too, but I still can't help myself.

Ok, Doomers. 😒

With a win tomorrow this team will streak to six wins in a row. This is a February built team.

With a win tomorrow this team will streak to six wins in a row. This is a February built team.

I'd argue we're an early November late March hybrid... with this roster at least. I mean at one point sure I think we were a February team but things have changed. Surely no clown ever thought us a January team though.

ps I love this thread

I'd argue we're an early November late March hybrid... with this roster at least. I mean at one point sure I think we were a February team but things have changed. Surely no clown ever thought us a January team though.

I definitely thought we were a February team. But having this be a leap year is an added wrinkle that probably only ICE24 can thoughtfully evaluate. I'd be completely guessing and pulling predictions out of my rear.

I enjoyed laughing at the Oilolers, always will, haha, but because they have two generational offensive talents, I wasn't ready to count them out. But, silly me, was holding on to the idea where the Oilers could improve and the Kings could also continue to be good...

Whatever my point here is. :mhihi: :think: :wine:

anyone who has been a Kings fan longer than 12 or so years is incapable of believing our team can actually be good. (those 2 Cups were flukes! complete luck!!) The memory of 1996-2010 is too strong. (and other years before that....but those are the most recent years of complete pain)
I believe we would have had three cups if not for the injuries to Richards and others in '13, we were better than Chicago at that time in history.

I believe we would have had three cups if not for the injuries to Richards and others in '13, we were better than Chicago at that time in history.
Yeah I thought we'd 3 peat - 2013 we lost to the only other team in the league in the realm of that Kings team who of course went on to win and gave us the best hockey I've ever seen in 2014 - game 7 2014 I thought I was gonna die and knew we'd steamroll the East after that series.. But Nyssa is absolutely correct.

The 2012-13 Blackhawks team had a .802 winning percentage in the regular season. 36-7-5 record. Best in the league.

Back
Top Bottom