Byfield

If Kopi sits out again I’d like to see QB at Center. Put him between two grinders and let him worrying about getting to the front of the net 5 on 5. When he’s next to Kopi and Kempe he rarely finds himself in front of the goal mouth. Put between Thomas and Laf let them do the dirty work.
Me thinks this is not a bad idea. Good for his development and may get him out of this funk. Downside could be messing with team chemistry and such just before the playoffs.

At this point, my only shot at winning is an empty net goal, and if it’s gonna happen, it’s gonna probably be am empty net goal with less that 30 seconds to play against Chicago.

I can't believe Q is doing this to you. One can only think there's some sort of conspiracy where at least $50 goes to Byfield for not exceeding 19.

8.5 mill wunderkind

""It's not just a switch you can flick on" the Chosen One jokingly foretells, reticent to reveal his true spark of destiny. When the puck drops against the Oilers, PLD is going to turn into a magic beam of light, and sprout 8 arms and 8 legs and even more impressive other appendages, making Shiva look like a punk ass, and convert all the Oilers fans and McDavid into Kings fans and tears will flow at his beauty, and Skinner will simply fall over at the pure majesty of "Pure Light" DuGod, and we will win all of the Stanley Cups, past and future, in one exhale of His magic light as all other teams will simply turn to dust as the Kings ascend into the Cup and become PLDisciples for the rest of time."

Excerpt from Blake's scouting report on the dude. Sounds kind of crazy but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
I did some research on QB's performance bonuses for this year. So far, he has earned $425,000 and is very close to earning another $425,000. He is top 3 in +/- among forwards (currently 1st). He is also top 6 in ice time among forwards (currently 6th). Those are worth $212,500 each. If he gets 2 more points, whether goals or assists, he will earn another $425,000. A single point in the last 2 games will earn him $212,500.

Since we are out of cap space this year, these bonuses will carry over to next year's cap like Talbot's $1 million bonus will.

Spence is the only other player on an ELC with a chance for a bonus. He would need 4 assists in the last two games to earn $212,500.

I did some research on QB's performance bonuses for this year. So far, he has earned $425,000 and is very close to earning another $425,000. He is top 3 in +/- among forwards (currently 1st). He is also top 6 in ice time among forwards (currently 6th). Those are worth $212,500 each. If he gets 2 more points, whether goals or assists, he will earn another $425,000. A single point in the last 2 games will earn him $212,500.

Since we are out of cap space this year, these bonuses will carry over to next year's cap like Talbot's $1 million bonus will.

Spence is the only other player on an ELC with a chance for a bonus. He would need 4 assists in the last two games to earn $212,500.

$425,000 game for QB tonight. Really hope he can get 20 and 55 points.

Deadline day for the bet, baby.

IMG_3944.jpeg

I have been saying that I thought QB was injured. Last game, or two games ago he could not make long / hard passes. Had no jump, was not using his reach, was not going hard into the boards. My guess he was wearing a brace, or multiple braces and those came off tonight. He just seems to have been playing like he has been bound up. Not tonight, he looks like QB tonight........ We need him for the POs

Great for him but bad for the Kings cap situation next season. Q earning another 420k and Talbott long since earning his million. Carryover is going to be big.
Oh, for sure. Bad cap management is the issue there though, not the player producing.

Oh, for sure. Bad cap management is the issue there though, not the player producing.
We'll probably have 22-25 mil in cap space before the re-signings. I don't see a big issue. Roy and Lewis will be gone. Only Arvidsson is a big ticket, and do you really think he deserves a raise?

Back
Top Bottom