2024-G68-Pom-Poms.png

Previous Meeting

03/15/24 -- Kings 5, Blackhawks 0

2024-G68-TS.png

**Game Time 7:00PM**

MEDIA.jpg

TV: BSW
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Phillip Danault & Jim Hiller 3/16 Post-Game Quotes:

Phillip Danault
On what he felt was the difference in tonight’s game

We haven’t played good against that team, so far, so we haven’t shown what we’ve got. So it’s just, maybe it’s mental and we’ve got to be more ready obviously. Back-to-back but we should be better, we were better in the third. We should be playing that way all the time.
On if he felt there was a point in the first period where things got away from the Kings
They had a good bounce there [on the first goal], but they had some Grade-A’s and good some chances and they buried them and got some good bounces as well, so nothing you can do there.
On what the Kings need to do differently against Dallas, who has had their number this season
More guys to the net, more direct, maybe, like right up and get more chance. All around, they’re a pretty good team, but we haven’t played our best that’s for sure.
On if he feels the Dallas size on defense is a problem for the Kings
No, I think we have trouble getting in the zone. I don’t think it’s because the d-men, but obviously they do have some really good d-men, but I don’t think it’s the size.

Jim Hiller
On his takeaways from tonight

We knew they were going be a little fresher than us at the start, we needed to get through the first 10 minutes of the game, that was one of our keys, make sure we didn’t turn the puck over, we did that twice. Four odd-man rushes in the first period and that’s not a recipe for success. They’re a good team. We needed to play cleaner game, we didn’t, and they finished.
On mental mistakes tonight versus physical mistakes
That was it, we skated, we forechecked early, we just turned the puck over in the neutral zone, they transitioned and then we lost F3 and they came at us with odd-man rushes. Those were mental mistakes, those weren’t physical, anything like that. Just mistakes that can’t happen against a team like this, when you’re on a back-to-back, you have to play tight.
On the difficulties in gaining the offensive zone with possession against Dallas
They’re a good team, they skate well, they track back, they gap well, they make it hard on your for sure. I don’t know that we had an odd-man rush tonight, they kept it clean that way and we gave up too many, so there’s a difference right there. It’s easier to get in the zone if you’ve got an odd-man [rush]. Give them credit, they played well and they’re a good team. More than that. I don’t know, just got to play better against them.
On the energy and impact from Alex Laferriere
Yeah, that’s a credit to him, but you don’t want to be relying on a first-year player this time of the season, but credit to him, he’s making us use him more than some other guys. He’s a good player, he’s honest, he works, he skates, he’s strong on pucks, he competes, all the things that I tell you coaches like but he’s also got an offensive touch. We’ve seen that, he scored his 10th goal, so he’s just got a bright future for him and we really like what he brings.
On if he considered a goaltending change to spark the group during the first period
No, not at all, not at all. First one, I wouldn’t have that on Dave at all, it hit the backboard, came back over, they knocked it out of the air. We lost the face off, we weren’t able to get out and put pressure on the defensemen and then it was kind of an odd goal to go in. Couple long ones, shots through screens, he had a hard time picking it up, those ones just had eyes.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G66-KF.png

2024-G65-KD.png

2024-G65-KGI.png

=======================================

BLACKHAWKS PROBABLE LINEUP

2204-G68-BHF.png

2024-G68-BHD.png

2024-G68-BHGI.png

Former King
Andreas Athanasiou
2024-G66-Athanasiou.png

===============================

GOALIE COMPARISON

Blackhawks
2024-G68-BHG.png
Kings
2024-G68-KG.png

Players to Watch

Last 5 games
2024-G68-Players-To-Watch.png

WILD CARD STANDINGS

2024-G68-Standings.png

***Play the VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE***

***Today’s Poll Question***

Hopefully making it easy on jammer since it's a back-to-back

Part 1 - Who is going to score the first Kings goal?
You can take 4 guesses for part 1
one of your guesses can be "no Kings goals"

Part 2 (two game question) - How many TOTAL GOALS will the KINGS score in tonight AND tomorrow night's game combined?
2 guesses for part 2

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 7 points for the 500 club and/or the goal differential of 3 goals:

Both (2 points):

dannybuoy1
beady eye

7 total points (1 pt):
Byron
forum gold
VCRW
puckoff
DRice
rinkrat
Chateau Bow Wow
hornman
DRGinLBC
Madness20721
fake_it_make_it

Diff 3 (1 point):
Drum4Pigs
KernCoKingFan
Rusty
Hockey53
Nyssa42

King of the Mountain with 49 points - forum gold

47 pts = Rusty

46 pts = Angel Eyes, hornman

44 pts = jammer06

42 pts = Cross Traffic

41 pts = notbob, VCRW

40 pts = beady eye, SirJW

39 pts = Nyssa42, VegasHockey

38 pts = Chateau Bow Wow, Guinevere

37 pts = KernCoKingsFan

36 pts = Liz4LA, mugs, Randdog

35 pts = pray4mojo

34 pts = puckoff, Rogie-Vachon, Shackleford

33 pts = DRGinLBC

32 pts = dannybuoy1, katydid213

31 pts = Bill Hicks, Byron, DRice, Dr Tran, Jerram

30 pts =

29 pts = empire

28 pts = sonnyboy11

26 pts = Kurisu, Rinkrat, Rog or Reg?, symbology

25 pts = TooCool

23 pts = Drums4Pigs

22 pts = JETS GARAGE, KHenry14

21 pts = clif, Madness20721

20 pts = JayWells24, waynet

19 pts =

17 pts = CIrvine

14 pts = hihocarp, Salty Puck

12 pts = Sevenhole

10 pts = fake_it_make_it

9 pts = cokingsfan

8 pts = HiFi, Ice24

7 pts = rfischer

6 pts = Busted Chops, Dexter, JC6388LAKings

4 pts = beedee

2 pts = Ragbone, Tiranga

1 pt = Hockey53, PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G68-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Last edited:
Missed the last game...and missed a few poll questions too...try to get back on track...although I have timed missing games well: The last three games I've missed we've lost, so there's a positive.

Fiala
QB
Moore
Kopitar

7 or 8 goals

Thanks Susan!

Part 1: Moore, Byfield, Lizotte, Fiala
Part 2: 7 or 8

Back
Top Bottom