LA Kings Development Camp

I wish I could be there, but I live in Seattle now.

Hoping to read people's observations!
Bummer. I was hoping to see you at TSC sometime during camp. This feels like a mid-2010s camp when Dean had traded many of the top picks.

I was going to go today but had some errands. I might hit Monday morning scrimmage.

I was contemplating going tomorrow, but then I started thinking about the nightmare of traffic trying to get home after the scrimmage. Friday through the valley at 4-5pm? Maybe not.

Bummer. I was hoping to see you at TSC sometime during camp. This feels like a mid-2010s camp when Dean had traded many of the top picks.
Hmm, you think? I feel like there could be a few gems in our prospect pool. Notably Clarke, Pinelli, Laferriere, and Aatu Jansen.

Anyone know if the scrimmage is full 5v5?

The Ducks did a 3v3 which I don’t understand the point of.

Hmm, you think? I feel like there could be a few gems in our prospect pool. Notably Clarke, Pinelli, Laferriere, and Aatu Jansen.
Oh I'm not saying we don't have some solid prospects still in the pool. But go back 4 years ago and I was watching Turcotte look awesome and he's out there playing with Bjornfot, Kupari, Kaliyev, Akil Thomas, Mikey Anderson, and Durzi. That camp was oozing with young talent.

There absolutely is plenty of talent at this camp. Most of these kids will require quite a bit more work before they start cracking the NHL lineup.

Brandt Clarke is easily the best defenseman prospect we’ve had since Doughty/Voynov. I’d argue it’s worth it just to see him. He’s got all the physical tools to be a star.

What the prospect pool doesn’t have is high end players beyond Clarke. It’s low on star potential but it features lots of guys who project to have NHL quality skills and with proper training and the luck of good health the pipeline from Ontario to LA will keep flowing.

When was the last time the Kings had a prospect come out of nowhere to make a significant impact? Granted, there aren't many open spots in the lineup, but our blue chip guys are looking more and more underwhelming.

A guy like Laferriere, Thomas, Hughes, Cromiak, Simontoval, or Moevare really making a big step up would do wonders for the team.

At this point our top prospect is between Pinelli + Clarke. And yes, I am including QB + AK in that conversation.

I think Pinelli is the real MF'n deal.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom