***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

5olwl0mu5uz01.jpg

Just picked up this lighting kit:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._unleashed_2_light_backpack.html?sts=pi&pim=Y

These things are pretty impressive! Full TTL with the camera-top wireless trigger (sold separately). Solid build for the price point. BATTERY-POWERED without the expensive and heavy packs. Gonna go test it out right now.

Crazy powerful off-camera TTL. Even with the sun behind her, this thing (single strobe) didn't hit but about 70% power.

The ONLY negative is that the "ready" noise it makes is goddamned annoying.

Last edited:
Very nice shot! How do you like the RF 100-500? I need something on the long end; I've always been thinking the 70-200 f/2.8 with an extender (and unrealistically coveting the 100-300 f/2.8), but the reach of the 100-500 is appealing. It looks like you are using it as well in the rink. Do you find the f/7.1 end fast enough with indoor lighting / speed of play?

Very nice shot! How do you like the RF 100-500? I need something on the long end; I've always been thinking the 70-200 f/2.8 with an extender (and unrealistically coveting the 100-300 f/2.8), but the reach of the 100-500 is appealing. It looks like you are using it as well in the rink. Do you find the f/7.1 end fast enough with indoor lighting / speed of play?

It was the first RF lens I got. I was BLOWN AWAY after trying a couple of bird shots, so much that I began birding at Bolsa Chica and got 2 pics in their calendar (inc the cover). The eye recognition is insane, so everything is sharp AF.
Once I saw the results, I traded in all my EF lenses and camera for two more RF zooms. I used to have the EF 70-200 2.8, but with this, I don't miss it! For hockey, the eye recognition even compensates for helmets. The 7.1 doesn't affect too much because you can raise the ISO and then use the new AI Denoise in Lightroom to clean it up if necessary. 100-500 is a game changer, and the 1.4 extender has no effect on image quality, so I leave it on almost always for birds.

Last edited:
Reactions: VF

Here are my shots with the 100-500 at Kings camp on Monday. Very dirty glass but still did great.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom