***Florida Panthers vs. LA Kings GDT 3/13/22 EARLY START >> 7:00pm on BSW***

That trio was really good. And Danault's line is always good. He's amazing. I was so wrong about that signing.

Kopi's line though. They need to help carry the team during this injury bug. 1 assist in 8 games isn't going to cut it.

No one who was right about Danault was THAT right about him. He’s beyond expectations.

100 percent on first line needing to step up. Have to figure Kempe can’t stay scoreless for this long. Not this season right?!

One of those games that makes it very obvious why I love LA Kings hockey.

Durzi's little fakeout and Frk's slapshot was next level awesome.

Firefly-Shiny.jpg

:awesome:

Massive 2 points. Just keep accumulating and hopefully we get some healthy regulars back.

Good response after last night?s debacle. The funny thing is the Sharks are a trash team but boy do they give us issues?well except in the playoffs when it counts ;)

No one who was right about Danault was THAT right about him. He?s beyond expectations.

100 percent on first line needing to step up. Have to figure Kempe can?t stay scoreless for this long. Not this season right?!

Danault is an absolute treasure and makes other players better.

That is something that has not been very true about Kopitar.

Tried to watch Villardi carefully and it is just evident to me that he is not very quick and will never be a fast skater. I think if he can gain some muscle to help him along the boards then he will absolutely help this team. Not knowing how extra weight could affect his back is a consideration though. He had some really nice plays though.

Oh and Florida will be able to skate with Tampa. I can't wait.

So I must have missed it . . . what happened to Lias Andersson? One and done???

As to tonight's game, there were definitely stretches that looked like AHL-level hockey. But to have the team -- especially the youngsters -- keep hammering away was heartwarming. And while Bjornfot has been impressive in recent games, he was really bringing it tonight. I'm very worried about the prognosis.

You don’t know how many times I yelled for Frk to get his chance for that shot.

I can confirm that this actually happened....we were at the game together begging for Frk to get some ice time.

I was planning to be happy with a 3-1 loss since our boys (literally boys!!) did such a great job against a top team. Well, except for the PP, but that was not the "boys". So much fun to get that last-minute tying goal!

Am I the only one who thinks Byfield is just not NHL-ready yet? He got knocked off the puck on every shift, and he just seems so tentative. And we shall never again speak of his shootout attempt.

On the other hand....SPENCE!!!! I have seen him live and in-person twice now, and I think he might even be better than Durzi.

Speaking of....DURZI!!! This guy single handedly won this game tonight. I have spoken before of how patient he is with the puck. He showed it several times tonight, but particularly on that pass to Frk at the end. He could have just tossed it over to the left, but he waited for what seemed like an eternity with a defender bearing down on him until the exact perfect moment to make that pass. I really hope he stays a King for a very, very long time.

One last thought.....felt like the Kings had 90% of the puck possession time in the 3rd. Sure, we also spent 75% of the game just playing defense, but, hey - it worked!

Last edited:
So I must have missed it . . . what happened to Lias Andersson? One and done???

As to tonight's game, there were definitely stretches that looked like AHL-level hockey. But to have the team -- especially the youngsters -- keep hammering away was heartwarming. And while Bjornfot has been impressive in recent games, he was really bringing it tonight. I'm very worried about the prognosis.

I thought Lias looked more effective last night than Grundstrom looked tonight. Maybe they will be platooned.

Having just watched the replay (was at work for the game) I don't think you people in the GDT were giving a sufficient amount of love to Quickie.

That is one talented team he was staring down and so many of those Florida chances were the result of just ridiculous edge work, skating and deception coming in on him. He made some incredible stops on some very good players.

And to win the game in the shootout on a decisive save was just the perfect ending to 700.

The kids were the story, but Quick snapped his helmet straps on and went to work like the Quickie of old.

Argh, I'm in NYC and sat down to watch the game, only to find that my gamecenter doesn't work here. So I saw this game in a 3 minute recap. Fair to say - the kids were great? How was the Byfield line? Kopitar's line wake up at all? Can't believe I missed this one!

Argh, I'm in NYC and sat down to watch the game, only to find that my gamecenter doesn't work here. So I saw this game in a 3 minute recap. Fair to say - the kids were great? How was the Byfield line? Kopitar's line wake up at all? Can't believe I missed this one!

The Byfield line was better than it has been in past weeks, but it still looked a bit AHLish at times. Kind of ragged, but with good energy.

Nothing new to report on the Kopitar line. Kopitar has one energy spurt per shift. Iafallo is trying, but too often is just flailing. And Kempe is left to try and do things on his own with little result.

Congratulations to the following posters who all picked up a single point by guessing that the following players would be credited with a single point over the previous 2 games:

Byfield (1 point):
randdog
Kurisu

Spence (1 point):
KHenry14

Durzi (1 point):
SirJW

I'm still trying to process what happened last night. Quick was really good, vintage even. The patchwork D got to running around a bit but somehow frustrated the Panthers just enough. I still can't believe that wide open look late that they just torqued. Stolen points absolutely but this was a lineup that scratched to take advantage of pretty much everything. There's clearly a lot of NHL talent that's been percolating in the A. Small point but I thought Todd was definitely rewarding Gabe and Q with their slots in the Shootout. I know there was talk about attitude but at least last night we don't have to worry about that. That line was as effective or moreso than it has been. 12 minutes was a huge help considering they actually saw the ice more than Lizotte and that's really what this team needs to be successful. By virtue of the powerplay time Danault and Kopi combined for 40 mins, but really their 5v5 minute load was reduced to essentially 16 mins which is huge. I wish they could develop more wing presence to take their PK time down but someone has to be trusted for those d zone draws. In any case, points, the kings needed some and they got them. Now lets hope that Toby's injury wasn't as bad as it looked.

Byfield, Vilardi, and Kupari has me giddy. They'll probably give up a goal here and there bu they at least look like they aren't dragging an anchor around the ice every shift.

Byfield, Vilardi, and Kupari has me giddy. They'll probably give up a goal here and there bu they at least look like they aren't dragging an anchor around the ice every shift.

Interesting take on Byfield. People are seeing very different things. Twitter folks were all over him, talking about his stick being too short amongst other things. Really hard to get a read on the kid as he's not really doing anything remarkable but not playing terrible either. He will get there sooner or later.

Absolute clutch win that very few people can honestly say they expected. Kids stepped up big time. Would have been happy not being blown out and then just getting the one point but then magic....2 points.

Interesting take on Byfield. People are seeing very different things. Twitter folks were all over him, talking about his stick being too short amongst other things. Really hard to get a read on the kid as he's not really doing anything remarkable but not playing terrible either. He will get there sooner or later.

Hard to tell, however like you mentioned he is still young. Of course we saw an 18 year old scoring a hat trick last night for another team. Blake will be patient with him, as he has a long way to go. We have to remember he had some major setbacks before this season even started.

Hard to tell, however like you mentioned he is still young. Of course we saw an 18 year old scoring a hat trick last night for another team. Blake will be patient with him, as he has a long way to go. We have to remember he had some major setbacks before this season even started.

Wish everyone received the same patience level. Frk will not make a Kings roster I fear. Even if it is true or not "he is a liability and must be traded"

Coach does not like him, trust him nor act like he deserves anything from the Kings. Even his quote about "we brought him up to shoot the puck, he shot the puck...good for him"

Is that supposed to be a compliment? "good for him"??? He doesn't relate any praise to helping the team even though he made a great break up of a rush late in the game.

If the same front office is in position, I hope he kills the Kings when they trade him, or, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit, put him up for waivers.

Villardi will never be a fast skater or considered quick, but If a coach can't find a way to use this guy's talent then I will be so disappointed. Maybe they should go get Zeus to help him with anticipation or something. He was always considered slow but I hardy EVER saw him get beat. Villardi does need work though, especially on the boards. He also looked lost a couple times in the D zone. Did he look better on faceoffs to anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish everyone received the same patience level. Frk will not make a Kings roster I fear. Even if it is true or not "he is a liability and must be traded"

Coach does not like him, trust him nor act like he deserves anything from the Kings. Even his quote about "we brought him up to shoot the puck, he shot the puck...good for him"

Is that supposed to be a compliment? "good for him"??? He doesn't relate any praise to helping the team even though he made a great break up of a rush late in the game.

If the same front office is in position, I hope he kills the Kings when they trade him, or, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit, put him up for waivers.

Villardi will never be a fast skater or considered quick, but If a coach can't find a way to use this guy's talent then I will be so disappointed. Maybe they should go get Zeus to help him with anticipation or something. He was always considered slow but I hardy EVER saw him get beat. Villardi does need work though, especially on the boards. He also looked lost a couple times in the D zone. Did he look better on faceoffs to anyone?

Gabe was credited as winning 3/4 as he platooned with Q on draws.

Back
Top Bottom