***LA Kings @ Anaheim Ducks GDT 4/9/24 7:00pm on KCAL Ch9***

Well, that's game. The Kings had absolutely no excuse playing this poorly against a non-playoff team in the Quacks. LA's winning streak against Anaheim has now officially come to an end. So much for trying to clinch this game for the final WC playoff spot when LA inexcusably collapsed in the 3rd and let Anaheim take full control of that period. The 4th line was the only line that played well tonight for LA while the other 3 lines played with a so-so effort, despite getting chances multiple times towards Anaheim's net.

If this is how LA likes to play should they do make it to the playoffs, they will seriously get steamrolled by whoever they face in any round in the WC playoffs. That's not just on the players, it's also on Blake for how he assembled this team this season, especially when it came to giving PLD that albatross of a contract, which is his biggest blunder in his tenure as Kings GM. I suspect this season will quite likely be Blake's last as GM, as he's really tested the patience of us fans.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen anything recently that tells me the Kings have even a remote chance of winning a playoff round. It's been the same since December.

jom

Oh clearly this team Blake has built is in the BLACK HOLE. We’re going to keep eeking into the playoffs, losing in the first round, and drafting mediocre first-rounders (assuming Blake hasn’t already traded it).

The team is too damn slow and soft. If it was at least a tough team that lacked speed, we could at least form a strategy around it. Instead, the team’s a hodge podge of soft players, with no clear identity.

If we’re lucky, Blake will be gone after this season, PLD will be dumped (even if we’re stuck paying some salary, the reality is the team, as a whole would be better off without him), and FINALLY start from scratch again.

I still haven't seen anything recently that tells me the Kings have even a remote chance of winning a playoff round. It's been the same since December.

jom
Jom, I can help you with this. I really can.

Just stop looking and do not expect to see such a sign.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall Talbot having issues with those shots from outside the faceoff dots earlier in the season. Really hope that goal was a fluke.
He was off his game tonight. He was deep in his net and misread a few other plays. Luckily the Ducks either missed the net, or the shot was blocked, but Talbot was out of position and left an open net. Lets hope this was a fluke game, and he does not start another skid like earlier in the season.

Kings players:
1000003837.jpg

I haven’t watched the game yet, but I’m telling myself the Kings are tanking for the last wild card spot so they don’t have to face the Oilers in the first round.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Our road record ended up being 22-15-4. PATHETIC after starting off 11-0. Did I think they would go 41-0 all season? Of course not. But I will stand by my theory that something happened in the 3rd period of that Islanders game that completely changed their play on the road.

80 out there doing his usual floating around last night. Someone mentioned that albatross of a contract that Flake doled out to him. Good luck getting out of that unless you can find some poor fool to eat some of it. In fairness though, he wasn't alone. Just no intensity, no establishing any forecheck, p*ss poor passing, no physicality, etc. Disappointing to see that so late in the season heading into which will likely be a very short playoff stint.

Congratulations to Nyssa42 who chose to use her magical poll powers for evil and pitched the shutout, nobody selected Thomas, Lewis or Gavrikov for the poll.

For anyone that's ever wondered what expectations without effort looked like, last night was a good example. You could see in the third the look of utter shock on the kings faces that they were losing that game, but outside of that first shift of dominance did they have any reason to be shocked?

Having been there in person, it was far worse to experience than on TV. Great to see the Kings fanbase show up such large numbers, shame the Kings couldn't bother to show up.

Props to the Ducks fans who despite the Kings fan presence and the Ducks being a dumpster fire, were in the game all night. Intetesting that their in arena or PA guy is much more agressive towards the Kings than our folks are toward Anaheim. They got on the PA for the BEAT LA chant when the game was decided. Had the arena rocking, kinda sucked as a Kings fan.

Kings had no business losing to the Ducks, especially this late in the season when you are trying to clinch a playoff spot. It's so hard for me to go into any game with confidence they will win. They can either show up like they did against the Nucks or take a nap like they did vs Anaheim.

I have a cousin in the OC that works at Disneyland with her husband. Of course, she's a Ducks fan and thry were at the game last night.

She called the Kings 'soft' and said PLD is the perfect face of the franchise.

I reminded her that we're 36 points ahead of Anaheim in the standings.

But it's hard to disagree with her about the Kings being a soft team. We're soft as baby sh*t.

As for PLD, I have no words except...sigh... what the hell was Rob Blake thinking?

Having been there in person, it was far worse to experience than on TV. Great to see the Kings fanbase show up such large numbers, shame the Kings couldn't bother to show up.

Props to the Ducks fans who despite the Kings fan presence and the Ducks being a dumpster fire, were in the game all night. Intetesting that their in arena or PA guy is much more agressive towards the Kings than our folks are toward Anaheim. They got on the PA for the BEAT LA chant when the game was decided. Had the arena rocking, kinda sucked as a Kings fan.

Kings had no business losing to the Ducks, especially this late in the season when you are trying to clinch a playoff spot. It's so hard for me to go into any game with confidence they will win. They can either show up like they did against the Nucks or take a nap like they did vs Anaheim.
We're so wildly inconsistent it boggles the mind. Last night was pathetic. And watching PLD float around out there makes me physically ill.

One play in particular pissed me off...when he was in front of the net...instead of trying to shoot he attempted an impossible pass that was intercepted, of course.

All that physical skill and a useless lazy brain. It's like a Lamborghini being driven by a 16 year old girl that's never been find the wheel of a car before.

Such a waste.

I have a cousin in the OC that works at Disneyland with her husband. Of course, she's a Ducks fan and thry were at the game last night.

She called the Kings 'soft' and said PLD is the perfect face of the franchise.

I reminded her that we're 36 points ahead of Anaheim in the standings.

But it's hard to disagree with her about the Kings being a soft team. We're soft as baby sh*t.

As for PLD, I have no words except...sigh... what the hell was Rob Blake thinking?
The Kings can be very soft at times. They can also dominate. Their inability to turn it on every night is mind-boggling...I don't expect them to win but as fans, we should expect a consistent effort.

As for Ducks fans, this was their playoff win, the high point of their season. They deserve to enjoy it but their franchise still sucks.

Back
Top Bottom