ScotiaBank Saddledome | Calgary, AB

Previous Meeting

12/23/23 -- Flames 3, Kings 5

2024-G58-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 6:30PM Pacific**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Trevor Moore (video), Anze Kopitar & Jim Hiller 2/26/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Anze Kopitar
On the moment in the game he felt cost the Kings tonight

There’s just moments in the game, where we have a power play and we’re trying to get up 3-1, that could have been a big difference for us and we weren’t able to score. On the flip side, they get a power-play goal, about 10 seconds into their power play. When you get a 5-on-3 or a 5-on-4, you’ve got to make the most of it and we didn’t.
On giving up the goal early in the third, erasing a strong opening 40 minutes
Yeah, it’s a good shot from the point, really I should have been better in the lane and kind of discouraged that shot but nonetheless, there’s still 19 minutes left in the game that you can come back. We didn’t create as much we wanted and didn’t spend enough time in their zone.
On his focus when playing against high-level opposition such as Edmonton’s top forwards
Limit time and space. Very rarely are you going to shut them down, but you’ve got to try and contain them the best you can. For the most part, we were able to do it, but like I said, in key moments in the game, we didn’t do it. The result was there.
On Alex Laferriere scoring tonight and how he’s fit onto his line
It’s more of reading, reacting versus thinking now, which is obviously a good sign. We all know it takes a little bit of time for him to get adjusted, for me and Juice to get adjusted, but it seemed like we found our stride and we’re getting close to a line and making plays that we want to.

Jim Hiller
On the 5-on-3 tonight and how he felt that impacted the game

We had two great looks coming down the pike, on the 5-on-3, to make it 3-1. So, you look for a turning point, that was probably it for me. I’d have to see some of the other stuff, but I knew we had those two great looks, one for Kempe, one for Kopitar, that might have made a difference.
On the play in the first 40 minutes and if that made the early goal in the third that much more deflating
I thought we played hard, we used a lot of energy. First two periods, we didn’t give them much at all. A little bit sloppy to start the third, we all saw that, they had a nice goal to get in front of the net, shoot it, fairly simple, but good execution by them. Then we treid, we tried at the end, the goalie made some saves, I thought Skinner played really well the second half of the game.
On the team’s 5-on-5 play tonight
I thought we played really well as far as rush chances, certainly through two they didn’t have much. We got a little sloppy, like I said, had a couple of rush chances and Edmonton is a team that creates off the rush for sure, so that was our game plan, make sure not to let them have rush chances. We did a pretty good job executing, it’s just getting that getting that next goal. Often times it comes down to that. If you can stretch them out for one more, it makes it tough. They were able to capitalize on their chances, we weren’t at the end.
On putting Trevor Moore with Dubois and Byfield on his goal
Trevor had missed his shift, the shift before Laf got caught out there on a long shift, so [Moore] was fresh. We took the opportunity to get him out there while he was fresh because he missed a shift.
On Jacob Moverare night, in his first game back in the lineup
I thought he was good, he’s defended well and that’s what he does best. I thought maybe with the puck he was at an AHL pace versus one of the fastest teams in the NHL, and that’ll come with a little bit of time, but he defended really well, that’s what he’s known for it. It was pretty good showing for the first night.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com
***KEMPE HAS RETURNED TO LA****

2024-G58-KF.png

2024-G58-KD.png

2024-G58-KGI.png

=========================================

FLAMES PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G58-FF2.png

2024-G58-FD.png

2024-G58-FGI.png

Former King

Goalie Coach, Jason Labarbera
2024-G58-Labarbera.png

=======================================

GOALIE COMPARISON

Flames
2024-G58-Flames-Goalies.png
Kings
2024-G58-Kings-Goalies.png

Players to Watch
Last 5 games
2024-G58-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

2024-G58-Standings.png

***VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE***

**Today’s Poll Question**

Part 1 - Since former King Jason Labarbera is the Flames Goalie Coach, how many SAVES will the FLAMES goalie make in tonight's game?
You can take 2 guesses
+/-1 = 1 point, Dead on = 2 points
Part 2 - What will be the SHOTS on Goal DIFFERENTIAL?
(SOG differential = shots by team with most minus shots by team with fewest)
You can take 2 guesses
+/- 1 = 1 point, dead on = 2 points

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

NO WINNERS FOR THE PREVIOUS GAME - 1ST penalty didn't come until 15:43 of the 2nd.
Jammer was closest as the only person to guess a time beyond 2:30 of the 2nd at 12:27.

King of the Mountain with 42 points - forum gold

38 pts = hornman

37 pts = Angel Eyes, Cross Traffic, notbob

34 pts = VegasHockey

33 pts = beady eye, jammer06

32 pts = mugs, SirJW, VCRW

31 pts = KernCoKingsFan, Nyssa42, Randdog, Rusty, Shackleford

30 pts = puckoff

29 pts = Guinevere

28 pts = Rogie-Vachon

27 pts = Dr Tran, Jerram

26 pts = Chateau Bow Wow, katydid213, pray4mojo

25 pts = DRice, Kurisu

24 pts = dannybuoy1, DRGinLBC

23 pts = empire, Liz4LA, Rog or Reg?

22 pts =

21 pts = Bill Hicks, Byron, clif

20 pts = Drums4Pigs, Rinkrat, TooCool

19 pts = JayWells24, KHenry14, Madness20721, waynet

18 pts =

17 pts = CIrvine

16 pts = sonnyboy11

14 pts = hihocarp, Salty Puck

13 pts = symbology

11 pts = JETS GARAGE, Sevenhole

8 pts = cokingsfan, fake_it_make_it, Ice24

7 pts = rfischer

6 pts = Busted Chops, Dexter

5 pts = JC6388LAKings

4 pts = beedee

3 pts = HiFi

2 pts = Ragbone, Tiranga

1 pt = PuckMaster, STONE

2024-G58-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Last edited:
Yo! First beeches!

PART I: 33, 29 saves
PART II: 6 shot diff , tied SOG

Thank you Nyssa!

Flames saves 32, 38

Sog differential,
10, 14

Part 1: 31 or 34
Part 2: 4 or 8

Have to find a way tonight. Played well enough to win for 2 periods last night, but EDM found a way. Let 2 valuable points slip away. Let's get after it tonight.

Go Kings Go!!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom