***LA Kings @ Calgary Flames GDT 2/27/24 6:00pm on BSW***

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the shot differential within +/-1 of 14, nobody guessed the flames would only need +/-1 of 21 saves:

14 (2 points):
jammer06
Nyssa42

13,15 (1 point):
Guinevere
katydid213
symbology

This was the epitome of an expectations game. B2b after facing a potential playoff foe we would normally hope for the best and fear the worst. But this team has expectations and therefore the effort put forth wasn't good enough. Hard place to be on this road trip facing the division leading team in the final game but desperate for any points...

I never blamed TMAC I just figured a shake-up would be the only thing to help the club, though going with the assistant coach isn't quite what I had in mind. When every player sucks that hard for that long you can only do so much. Hiller brought some life for.. or maybe Arvy did, for 5 games or so then.. injuries and we suck again.

Tonight's game in the form of a taco.

GHZcIgKaUAAxh0W

:fpalm:

thats the saddest thing ive ever seen

Hate to say this, but I believe this road trip is the end of the Kings playoff hopes. They certainly aren’t going to rally behind Kopi and Drew as their leaders this year. I think re-signing Kopitar at that $7 million cap hit was a worse mistake from Blake than the PLD mess.

Hate to say this, but I believe this road trip is the end of the Kings playoff hopes. They certainly aren’t going to rally behind Kopi and Drew as their leaders this year. I think re-signing Kopitar at that $7 million cap hit was a worse mistake from Blake than the PLD mess.

Had discussion w coworker, was not happy that they gave kopi 7mil/yr, his argument was that he was still leading the team in scoring....

This and the PLD fiasco is a major setback.

The turnovers are exasperating from PL, Fiala and Dewey!

Help me understand... Gavirkov seems to be making more mistakes in the last 3 games than usual. On CGY's first goal, should Movarare have been deep in the zone (ie 1-3-1)? He seemed all alone on the left side giving a 1-4-0 look.

Had discussion w coworker, was not happy that they gave kopi 7mil/yr, his argument was that he was still leading the team in scoring....

This and the PLD fiasco is a major setback.

The turnovers are exasperating from PL, Fiala and Dewey!
Except either Kempe or Fiala have led the team in points all season. Kopi is becoming Handzus. I would not have gone higher than $5 million. That would free up another $5 million/season for a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman. What’s the $3 million supposed to get you? Kopi has already been paid over $120 million in salary and bonuses. Why the excessive greed?

Except either Kempe or Fiala have led the team in points all season. Kopi is becoming Handzus. I would not have gone higher than $5 million. That would free up another $5 million/season for a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman. What’s the $3 million supposed to get you? Kopi has already been paid over $120 million in salary and bonuses. Why the excessive greed?

Preaching to the choir!

Points leader prior to him signing the extension. But yeah, was not hard to see or trend that there would be a drop off.

Back
Top Bottom