***LA Kings @ Dallas Stars GDT 3/16/24 5:00pm on BSW***

It’s disappointing to see this team have no physical response to being trounced for the third, and last time during the regular season, against what is very likely a potential first round playoff matchup. At the least, they could’ve stirred the pot in the third, and should a post season matchup come to fruition, pick it right back up from game one of the playoffs. That’s probably the only way they have any chance of defeating this Stars team in a seven game playoff series.

Dallas, as of right now, is just in a different class than the Kings. Disappointing that the boys don’t have an answer for them. I’d be more concerned about playing them (or Colorado) than Edmonton should we make the playoffs.

It’s disappointing to see this team have no physical response to being trounced for the third, and last time during the regular season, against what is very likely a potential first round playoff matchup. At the least, they could’ve stirred the pot in the third, and should a post season matchup come to fruition, pick it right back up from game one of the playoffs. That’s probably the only way they have any chance of defeating this Stars team in a seven game playoff series.

The Kings best shot at getting out of Round 1 is beating Edmonton. The Oilers have taken a step back from last season while the Kings have taken a step forward where it counts the most: PK. The goaltending is also better this season vs last.

Also it would be fitting if they can’t beat Edmonton in a 3rd playoff matchup that it ends up being the last straw before ownership cleans house.

Dallas, as of right now, is just in a different class than the Kings. Disappointing that the boys don’t have an answer for them. I’d be more concerned about playing them (or Colorado) than Edmonton should we make the playoffs.
Dallas just got blown out by the Devils and blew a 3 goal lead to Florida. They’re certainly a good team but they aren’t significantly better than the Kings. They’re just a particularly tough head to head matchup for this Kings lineup.

The Kings best shot at getting out of Round 1 is beating Edmonton. The Oilers have taken a step back from last season while the Kings have taken a step forward where it counts the most: PK. The goaltending is also better this season vs last.

Also it would be fitting if they can’t beat Edmonton in a 3rd playoff matchup that it ends up being the last straw before ownership cleans house.

The Kings' PP on the other hand has definitely taken a step back this season, thanks to losing Durzi, Vilardi, and Kupari (even though Kupari was not a big factor of the Kings' PP last season). It will likely hurt them in the playoffs and I'm afraid that, despite the Kings' otherwise strong PK, it could be a deciding factor in the Kings getting bounced out of either round they're in (likely the first round), unless they're lucky enough to score very important even strength and/or short-handed goals. Blake's decision to stand pat at the trade deadline is going to haunt him as the other teams in the WC that are really in the playoff mix have made some meaningful trades for their rosters.

Last edited:
The Kings' PP on the other hand has definitely taken a step back this season, thanks to losing Durzi, Vilardi, and Kupari (even though Kupari was not a big factor of the Kings' PP last season). It will likely hurt them in the playoffs and I'm afraid that, despite the Kings' otherwise strong PK, it could be a deciding factor in the Kings getting bounced out of either round they're in (likely the first round), unless they're lucky enough to score very important even strength and/or short-handed goals. Blake standing pat at the trade deadline is going to haunt him as the other teams in the WC that are really in the playoff mix have made some meaningful trades for their rosters.
Kings gave up a lot of offensive talent to bring in PLD. Hopefully he has a different playoff gear or we're going to be in trouble.

Kings gave up a lot of offensive talent to bring in PLD. Hopefully he has a different playoff gear or we're going to be in trouble.

If the Kings do make it to the playoffs, PLD better prove he's worth his fat contract that he signed for LA and play his heart out in the playoffs, 'cause if not and he turns out to be the reason the Kings got bounced out of the playoffs by morphing back into "Lazy Dublah", he's going to become an anchor for years to come unless LA is willing to buy out his contract and be forced to eat more dead money.

The Kings' PP on the other hand has definitely taken a step back this season, thanks to losing Durzi, Vilardi, and Kupari (even though Kupari was not a big factor of the Kings' PP last season). It will likely hurt them in the playoffs and I'm afraid that, despite the Kings' otherwise strong PK, it could be a deciding factor in the Kings getting bounced out of either round they're in (likely the first round), unless they're lucky enough to score very important even strength and/or short-handed goals. Blake's decision to stand pat at the trade deadline is going to haunt him as the other teams in the WC that are really in the playoff mix have made some meaningful trades for their rosters.
Arvidsson is the key to fixing the power play. It’ll be a minor miracle if he can stay healthy enough to play in the playoffs let alone be effective BUT if he can stay healthy and play anywhere near the level he was last season he holds the key to unlocking it.

He also fixes the wing depth problem they’ve had all season.

There’s a lot riding on his health.

Anyone who thinks this Kings team has a chance of getting past Edmonton in the first round (that would be the matchup if the season ended today) is delusional. After being knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by Edmonton, Blake didn't do a damn thing to make this team better except for getting PLD, but that hasn't worked out so far.

I feel as though we were saying the same thing last year...

Kings physical? Give me a break.......

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 7 points for the 500 club and/or the goalie differential of 3 goals:

Both (2 points):
dannybuoy1
beady eye

7 total (1 point):
Byron
forum gold
VCRW
puckoff
DRice
rinkrat
Chateau Bow Wow
hornman
DRGinLBC
Madness20721
fake_it_make_it

Diff 3 (1 point):
Drum4Pigs
KernCoKingFan
Rusty
Hockey53
Nyssa42

We missed this game and it sounds like we didn't miss much. It was simply Dallass night and most definitely not BSDs

Anyone who thinks this Kings team has a chance of getting past Edmonton in the first round (that would be the matchup if the season ended today) is delusional. After being knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by Edmonton, Blake didn't do a damn thing to make this team better except for getting PLD, but that hasn't worked out so far.
I’m not confident in the Kings beating anyone in round 1, but given the most likely opponents I’ve come around on wanting them to play EDM. Two of the games this year have been close. EDM was tired when LA blew them out 4-0 but they still did it. And as Statue4Deano said the PK is what really killed the Kings last postseason so now that it’s improved it’s not delusional to think Kings have a shot.

Given my only two hopes each year are that Kings win the Cup (of course) and that EDM doesn’t win the Cup, beating the Oilers would be as good an outcome for me as this team can achieve. Especially in round 1.

I feel as though we were saying the same thing last year...
Whoever was saying that was not paying attention.

The Oilers averaged near 4 goals a game last season with a record setting 32% Power Play. They were 2 points away from #1 in the Western Conference. The Kings were 4 minutes away from a 3-1 series lead.

The Oilers won that series because the Kings couldn’t kill a penalty to save their lives and because they got below replacement level goaltending.

I’m not confident in the Kings beating anyone in round 1, but given the most likely opponents I’ve come around on wanting them to play EDM. Two of the games this year have been close. EDM was tired when LA blew them out 4-0 but they still did it. And as Statue4Deano said the PK is what really killed the Kings last postseason so now that it’s improved it’s not delusional to think Kings have a shot.

Given my only two hopes each year are that Kings win the Cup (of course) and that EDM doesn’t win the Cup, beating the Oilers would be as good an outcome for me as this team can achieve. Especially in round 1.
It’s definitely a long shot for LA to get out of round 1 this year but if they do play the Oilers I think there’s at least a path. I don’t see much a path vs. Colorado or Dallas. Maybe Vancouver is a bit of a paper tiger but they’ve got too much high end skill and a goalie who can steal games so it’s not an ideal matchup either.

At the very least we know the Kings have a good scouting report on the Oilers.

Dallas just got blown out by the Devils and blew a 3 goal lead to Florida. They’re certainly a good team but they aren’t significantly better than the Kings. They’re just a particularly tough head to head matchup for this Kings lineup.
Based on their play head-to-head, it appears that Dallas is a much better team which yes, is likely due to us not matching up well with them. Conversely, a team like Vancouver that it at the top of the standings...we appear to match up very well vs them.

is.. is that possible?
Honestly didn’t think so, myself. But after spending a pretty penny on premium seat tickets in Dallas to watch him predictably make low percentage passes in both the offensive and defensive zone, I was proven wrong. He’s a turnover machine that would be in Ontario if he wasn’t being paid $8.5 mil right now. He also can’t win a board battle to save his life (assuming he’s “battling” at all). It’s pretty bad. Brutal.

Honestly didn’t think so, myself. But after spending a pretty penny on premium seat tickets in Dallas to watch him predictably make low percentage passes in both the offensive and defensive zone, I was proven wrong. He’s a turnover machine that would be in Ontario if he wasn’t being paid $8.5 mil right now. He also can’t win a board battle to save his life (assuming he’s “battling” at all). It’s pretty bad. Brutal.

Assuming he's battling at all, lol

That's a good. One

And, go beach!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom