***LA Kings @ Dallas Stars GDT 3/16/24 5:00pm on BSW***

A 2-on-0 breakaway for Dallas and somehow they didn't score. Usually, that's a guaranteed goal. The Kings really dodged a bullet there.

to be fair, you were the one who tantrumed him/her when they said the 2nd period was over. As if that implied game over.
Another party pooper comes in. I just needed the word. Nobody with any sense at all took that seriously.

Yeah, now the game is truly over, ending with a Dallas victory. Well? Did you truly think Dallas was going to let their guard down after letting the only Kings goal in the game? So much for getting your hopes up. DeBoer did what he does best: have his team stymie the Kings in the O-zone and playing actually effective shutdown hockey. Results don't lie. Laugh it up. No miracles this time. Call me a negative Nancy if you want, I get the benefit of the doubt here.

Last edited:
The only time the Kings got the best of DeBoer in the highest point for LA during DeBoer's career was during the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals when his Devils lost to the Kings in 6 games en route to the Kings' first Stanley Cup victory.
What? How could I have missed that? That never happened.

1710643092589.png

Dang. I would've gotten two points today if the difference was 4 again. :lol:

Kidding, of course. I don't know if I should be upset or what. We played sloppy, not enough shots on goals, let in goals like nothing, and just had no coordination. We got what we deserved for that. We're caught between a rock and Edmonton, Dallas, and possibly Vancouver after all this. :panic:

If nothing else, here's to hoping Dallas goes down in the 2nd round again. :verydrunk:

What? How could I have missed that? That never happened.

In case your memory fails you, DeBoer was the head coach for the Devils that season and led them to the Stanley Cup Finals thanks to implementing a defense-heavy system and it also helped that he had Brodeur in net despite the fact that he was in his 40s that season. The Kings managed to match them in defense and goaltending prowess during the finals and had the grit to prove it. It was in Game 6 that the Kings finally won thanks to Steve Bernier boarding Rob Scuderi that led to a 5-minute major power play which resulted in the Kings score a slew of important goals and eventually put the game out of reach for NJ.

In case your memory fails you, DeBoer was the head coach for the Devils that season and led them to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Was being sarcastic. Been a diehard fan over 30 years. Just found it funny how detailed you went in your post. A simple “2012 Cuo win” would’ve sufficed for almost any real Kings’ fan.

Granted it was a back to back, but the Kings are no where in the same league as the Stars (and I would say few teams are). This loss is not as galling as the St. Louis one, as that was a game which could have made this a 2-1 road trip.
Really, all season long, the Kings have had very few statement wins against top teams.

Full health (Arvidsoon back) and the right speed players (maybe Clarke), I think we can hang with the Stars or most any team depending on the strategy going in.

Back
Top Bottom