***LA Kings @ Minnesota Wild GDT 10/19/23 5:00pm on BSW***

I love the construction of this team. For the first time since perhaps the cup years it feels like everyone is slotted properly.

3 stellar lines with about an average 4th line. Average 4th line may seem like nothing but for the longest time Lizotte was trying to anchor 3rd line while Danault was 2C. We are much deeper now.

Also, really confident with Spence on that 3rd pairing to take advantage of his creativity. He is a more defensively conscious, high hockey iq version of Durzi.

We may also have something with Kaliyev paired with Moore. Trevor’s speed opens up lanes for big body/big shot Kaliyev.

I love the construction of this team. For the first time since perhaps the cup years it feels like everyone is slotted properly.

3 stellar lines with about an average 4th line. Average 4th line may seem like nothing but for the longest time Lizotte was trying to anchor 3rd line while Danault was 2C. We are much deeper now.

Also, really confident with Spence on that 3rd pairing to take advantage of his creativity. He is a more defensively conscious, high hockey iq version of Durzi.

We may also have something with Kaliyev paired with Moore. Trevor’s speed opens up lanes for big body/big shot Kaliyev.
I see what you’re saying, but I think you also under value the talent that our 4th line has. Grundstrom and lizotte can both score some pretty nice goals, and Lewis is one of those defensively responsible team player types. I would say they are in the upper third tier of NHL 4th lines at the least..

Oh I didn’t mean that they are bad. I actually like the line. Maybe the word average is not the right word…maybe it’s more just properly slotted. We have a team that looks more like guys in appropriate roles. Let’s hope it stays that way (cough cough knock on wood no injuries cough cough). This is a well constructed team, obviously with goaltending questions but it’s not like we didn’t have goaltending questions with an oft injured and declining Quick. We will see if they ride Talbot or feel the need to address it at the deadline.
I see what you’re saying, but I think you also under value the talent that our 4th line has. Grundstrom and lizotte can both score some pretty nice goals, and Lewis is one of those defensively responsible team player types. I would say they are in the upper third tier of NHL 4th lines at the least..

I do believe that the Kings gave up more grade A chances again. Fortunately most of them did not go in. Eventually they will and that is troublesome. Otherwise they played very well. It’s still early in the season, so they have plenty of room to improve.

I do believe that the Kings gave up more grade A chances again. Fortunately most of them did not go in. Eventually they will and that is troublesome. Otherwise they played very well. It’s still early in the season, so they have plenty of room to improve.
I’d have to see the advanced stats on this one, but it does feel like you’re right. Talbot made quite a few point blank saves in the second and third period, as I recall.

I’d have to see the advanced stats on this one, but it does feel like you’re right. Talbot made quite a few point blank saves in the second and third period, as I recall.
I think you are both correct. I’ll say it’s more about the team getting into a groove. The first few weeks in the NHL are weird as teams try to get systems and rhythm down.

Some of it imo is also the Kings being more offensively potent so there will be a little bit of trading chances, however I have seen spurts where they put a chokehold too.

I guess we will find out.

Brock Faber looks like he’s going to be a stud for the Wild.
And that's great (as long as he's not on the Ducks, ofc).

It's a testament to Kings scouting. And he would not find a place in this Kings' roster, so it was 100% trading from strength to get a very gifted offensive catalyst who did not cost a fortune in cap. A+

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom