***LA Kings @ Minnesota Wild GDT 10/19/23 5:00pm on BSW***

I only got to see the 3rd but man do we have an offensive team. It feels weird. I also liked all the sticks in the middle of the ice breaking up plays. Kings must be one of the top teams in total goals.

looks like 6 points for the Dmen unless they change any of the assists

EDIT: it was 8. I can't count.

Last edited:
This is shaping up to be a good year to be a Kings fan. This is a dangerously good team. GKG!!!

It's obviously early but there seems to be a certain level of consistency with the system from top to bottom which is nice.

I don’t like how many high danger chances there were last game and this one, and how many shots against there were tonight. I still felt nervous even at 5-2. The offense is a beautiful force, however. It’s early and they will clean it up on the backend.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but Kopitar seems to be the only guy that can win a faceoff.

The Kings are developing a dangerous habit of attempting a pass to a teammate who is closely covered and is likely to cough the puck after it gets to him. They need to do something about that ASAP. It's leading to way too many opportunities for the opposition.

Maroon is a joke. Isn't really there to play hockey, just stir sh*t up.
He might do some extra curricular stuff but he's exactly what the Kings have missed the last 2 seasons vs Edmonton IMO. There are not many D in the league who can handle him down low and to me he's like a higher evolved version of Brendan Lemieux minus the headaches.

Speaking of such I want to give Englund some love, he's first in on the scrums protecting the smaller Kings so he's been a nice surprise.

He might do some extra curricular stuff but he's exactly what the Kings have missed the last 2 seasons vs Edmonton IMO. There are not many D in the league who can handle him down low and to me he's like a higher evolved version of Brendan Lemieux minus the headaches.

Speaking of such I want to give Englund some love, he's first in on the scrums protecting the smaller Kings so he's been a nice
I am really appreciating Englund’s presence so far. I’m still giddy over the way he laid waste to Samberg in Winnipeg a couple of nights ago!

You’re right that a guy like Maroon would have been very useful the last two playoff runs against Edmonton. Definitely would have limited a lot of the extracurricular sh*t on Edmonton’s part, and I suspect Englund will help with that, whether it be against Vegas or the Oil..

Another observation from tonight’s game, and something that goes back a few games prior regarding Spence. I had previously commented that his skating was far better than Clarke, but the last couple games I’ve noticed that Spence definitely lacks straightaway speed. What he’s got is an abundance of skating agility, but he looks slow when racing back into our D zone against opposing forwards to beat out an icing, etc…

Speaking of such I want to give Englund some love, he's first in on the scrums protecting the smaller Kings so he's been a nice surprise.
I read an article in the Athletic about him recently. It was about him fitting in with Minnesota. And it focused on him winning 3 Stanley Cups in a row & how all his teammates said how important he was to them. So he might be someone we hate but we’d definitely want him on our team when the playoffs come around.

Wow, two great games in a row. Our offense is definitely clicking. And our defense is coming around. Talbot was outstanding again. Moore is on fire. And I’ll say it again & keep on saying it. I was dead wrong about PLD. Scoring 2 goals in 12 seconds was amazing. He’s so big & protects the puck so well. And some people put down empty net goals. But that just means we’re going to win. So I’m great with them. Go Kings Go!

And some people put down empty net goals. But that just means we’re going to win. So I’m great with them. Go Kings Go!
Could just be recency bias for me but I’ve valued empty nets so much more ever since the bubble year where Roy missed his EN attempt and the other team came right back and tied it, then won in OT. Then another similar situation happened shortly after. That wasn’t even a competitive team that year but those moments really stung for some reason.

Congratulations to Nyssa for yet another shut out, nobody guessed 8

Good win? The offense is great for sure. Still early in the season for developing identity. It is definitely looking more like some Todd teams in the past that have the ability to win even on off nights but the jury is out on what their go to is going to be. Great night for PLD but maf definitely wants those both back. Still very encouraged by the 5-5 play and hope they clean up some of those bigger turnovers that keep happening.

Back
Top Bottom