***LA Kings @ New Jersey Devils GDT 2/15/24 4:00pm on BSW***

Clarke and Byfield combine for... hope we hear that phrase for years to come.

And the team is now 4-4-2 in the last 10. Hope they can keep up the turnaround on Saturday.

Please make sure they beat the Bruins for me. Our son is getting married on Saturday so we'll be a bit too busy to watch!!! GKG!!!

Arvidsson really helped fill out some space out there in a right handed, surprisingly gritty kind of way. I thought he played fantastic for a first game back and he will really help us going down the stretch, esp. being able to move Fiala around now off that Danault line and giving us some alternative looks. I'd stick 55 with 22 and 80/11 and I think good things will happen. Great trade deadline move by him to you know.. play hockey after recovering from surgery.

Devils goalie almost stole it from us. Some fat glove saves, easy could have been 3+ to 1.

My Line choices that I think were ran a bit
Fiala, Kopi/Dubois, Byfield
Moore, Danault, Arvy
Laffy, Dubois/Kopi, Kempe
4th line - I forget - they all gettin injured. Lewis is there.

Can't complain whatsoever about D corp lines either. Rittich is playing well. Buffalo hopefully was.. yet another some kind of wake up call... but let's get goin.

IDK how we can lose, going forward, as properly as we did in January with that kinda depth not only at center but on the wings. Need a long winning streak here. No superstars but everyone contributing like they did early in the year and well we'll see what happens. It was pointed out we need a ~.625% win rate to secure a spot, I'd personally like to see them steal 3rd back.

Stop taking stupid penalties. #1 PK helps, but damn.

Please make sure they beat the Bruins for me. Our son is getting married on Saturday so we'll be a bit too busy to watch!!! GKG!!!

Priorities! j/k, have fun and congrats to ze family.

Last edited:
Just got back from Tool at the Crypt, Part 2. It's such a killer show, I have Ontario in my sights for Saturday night.

Got to see a very entertaining Kings win before the concert...but we bar-hopped and it probably cost us more than it did to see Tool. I've seen over 500 rock concerts since 1975, and this was one of the best, if not the best. Yes, it was that good.

And the Kings beating Jersey Stoopid was a major bonus...what a sweet two nights in downtown LA!

Now if the Kings can start winning at the Crypt...I may achieve Nirvana

He's gonna just call one every game whether we need it or not to make us fans happy, lol
61xNJrKeoiL._SY425_.jpg

Somehow it makes perfect sense that the only time in the past five years I get to see the Kings win at Crypto is when they're playing in New Jersey.

What a weird year......

Clarke and Byfield combine for... hope we hear that phrase for years to come.

And the team is now 4-4-2 in the last 10. Hope they can keep up the turnaround on Saturday.

Congrats!

He's gonna just call one every game whether we need it or not to make us fans happy, lol

timeouts straight to the cup
Great win, but man what a wildly inconsistent team. I don't recall ever seeing the Kings play so poorly and then so well in the same week. On the bright side, the boys were certainly in good spirits after the game:

lol what is the monkey arms thing. and what's the damn secret song.

Just got back from Tool at the Crypt, Part 2. It's such a killer show, I have Ontario in my sights for Saturday night.

Got to see a very entertaining Kings win before the concert...but we bar-hopped and it probably cost us more than it did to see Tool. I've seen over 500 rock concerts since 1975, and this was one of the best, if not the best. Yes, it was that good.

And the Kings beating Jersey Stoopid was a major bonus...what a sweet two nights in downtown LA!

Now if the Kings can start winning at the Crypt...I may achieve Nirvana
I was there as well. Really excellent show last night. The tweaks they made to their concert lighting was great to see too.

Saw the final score before the show started which was an added bonus.

I was there as well. Really excellent show last night. The tweaks they made to their concert lighting was great to see too.

Saw the final score before the show started which was an added bonus.
Love Tool, and I love Tool's no cellphone policy. And I've never understood why anyone would want to watch the show on their phones anyway. Maynard even yelled at one moron in the middle of "Intolerance":

"Put your f**king phone away dickhead, seriously!"

Before Roger Waters recent concerts, he politely asks people to turn off their phones, but no one listens. At one point between songs during his Vegas show he said "Why would you want to look at your damn phone when this spectacle is unfolding right in front of your very eyes?"

Rog even addresses the issue in the song "Picture That":

"Follow me filming myself at the show
On a phone from a seat in the very front row..."

I've never understood this fascination with phones. The world is literally passing these people by as they stare at their tiny screens.

And Maynard began the show with this statement:

"If you can't leave your f**king phone in your pocket for two hours, you have a f**king problem and you need to see someone about it!"

He's spot-on. You gotta love it.

Watched the replay on my TV as opposed to watching on my ph yesterday. Arvy def made a diff. Would rather he stayed and Fiala goes. I know dreaming!

They played a really good game from the jump. So I'm glad they were rewarded with the win. I didn't think Arvidsson would make that much of a difference but he did. Not just his play & his leadership, but he moves Kempe or someone else down to the 3rd line. And now the 3rd like is good. Also helpful is that PLD is actually playing up to his capabilities. And Byfield is on his way to becoming our best player. He's already the most consistent right now. I loved that he scored the GWG. But I also loved the diving play he made to get the puck out of the zone. That's the kind of diving he does. Unlike another 2020 pick who just dives when he gets touched.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom