***LA Kings @ Philadephia Flyers GDT 11/04/23 4:30pm on BSW***

QB: I'm eating lots of crow

I'll join you at the table for a big freaking piece. After being a Byfield supporter for 3 years, I figured I'd waited long enough. In my one and only "deep thoughts" post on this site, I said the Kings made a mistake in drafting him. After all, I've been watching hockey for 55 years, and...blah blah blah. Guess the Kings won't be firing Blake and interviewing me for his job anytime soon.

Great win by the boys... but as well as they are playing, imagine how good they'd be doing if they were getting anything from Fiala and Dubois
Thinking the very same thing. In fact, I have to ask again.. who is our 4th line? If and when arvidsson is ready to come back, Todd needs to leave Kaliyev on the Danault line, and slot arvidsson in with Dubois and Fiala. They looked like they were forming some chemistry the first couple games of the season, and Fiala is still accruing points, but Dubois is playing like a 4th line checker WITHOUT the checking. 8 million dollar floater, maybe..

Props to the Kings, especially Byfield and Talbot, for the complete victory over Philly tonight. The only bad things were that their PP was somewhat sub-par, mostly because of Philly's PK even though they did get at least one PP goal, and that Dubois was invisible offensively for most of the game. Other than that, an excellent team effort tonight.

What’s scary is Byfield is still just 21. He’s playing a power forward game at a near elite level and he doesn’t even have his fully grown man strength yet. Give him another 10 lbs of weight and good luck to any defenseman up against him 1v1.
Kempe is 6’3”; Kopitar is 6’4”; Byfield is 6’5”. Juice is the lightweight at 200 lbs. The better the kid gets, the more they will dominate. And then there are those 3 other lines… Once again, this a good time to be a Kings fan.

Talbot has been on a tear. Another great game by Dollar Tree. Lol.

Quick finally had a rough night. He gave up 4 and the shootout winner went off his back.

Dubois is playing like a 4th line checker WITHOUT the checking. 8 million dollar floater, maybe..
He’s unfortunately backing up some concerns over that trade. On one hand, that’s still a dangerous line and teams having to shut them down is making space for other lines to score. Law of averages he will still put up over 60 pts this year so if other lines are rolling now he and his linemates should later.

That said, he’s paid to do more than score under 70 points and put up a sub-50% FO. What happens if Byfield puts up more points this season?

Besides watching the Kings play great hockey if you wanna really have a feel-good moment watch the sharks play as the most inept team ever to play in the NHL as our hated rival. They are truly terrible and it is entertaining to listening to their broadcasting team try to spin positives out of it.

Good win, big game coming up against Vegas after a couple of days at home. Vegas just spanked Colorado 7-0. Need this win On Wednesday.

Good win, big game coming up against Vegas after a couple of days at home. Vegas just spanked Colorado 7-0. Need this win On Wednesday.
Not to mention Canucks won again and the Sharks gave up another 10 spot.

I just got done watching the game. I had to work. Way to go my boy Byfield. 5 different Kings scoring! Kings of the road! Another 5 goal game and congrats to Talbot for getting the shutout. My papa said shutout with 20.3 second left. I said, nooooo, you’re going to ruin it. Whew!

Attachments

• IMG_4722.jpeg
    IMG_4722.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 12
I said it on page 3 I think - he seemed smashed tonight. I feel bad for Patrick. Armstrong should be nowhere near a TV camera, just my opinion.
There used to be a time on television, sports broadcasts in particular, that one or both of the broadcasters would be drunk on mic at all times. Go back and find any Harry Caray clip, Howard Cossell would tie one on during broadcasts, hell even Joe Buck admitted to drinking during games. Let Army live.

Overlooked in this thread tonight with all the positives to comment on was Talbot. He made some key, above average saves and looked properly poised throughout. If we can sustain that and get Copley to effectively rest him with the competent play he showed last year, we might have something here. This is trending towards an upgrade over Quick / Cal.

Back
Top Bottom