11/18/23 -- Blues 1, Kings 5

2024-G65-Team-Stats.png

*Game Time 4:30PM*

MEDIA.jpg

TV:
2024-G65-TV.png
& BSW
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-G65-Pic1.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Rittich (video), Anderson, & Hiller 3/11 Post-Game Quotes:

Mikey Anderson
On getting back in the lineup after missing eight games

Felt really good. Obviously it’s a lot more fun being down here than upstairs, so it’s nice to be back, nice to be a part of a good effort from the group and happy with the result today.
On what he felt was the difference to get a shutout win over the Islanders
I thought it started a lot with our forwards, they were fast, heavy on the forecheck, made it hard for their D. I thought we on the backend did a good job of trying to play quick, get pucks to them and let them do their thing. Overall, it felt like it was good all the way around and then we had Ritter back there when we needed him.
On if his physicality tonight was him trying to get himself into the game, or what presented itself
A little bit of both, but obviously we haven’t had any time to practice, so for me, that’s the first time I’ve been around five guys on the ice at a time. I’ve been skating a lot just by myself with one other guy, so I wanted to try and get engaged right away. A little physicality always can help that.
On how the team played in the third period to close out the game
We don’t want to change anything. I think we came out, we were a little slow,we weren’t as clean on breakouts, which gave them a few opportunities, but I thought it cleaned up as it went along. We’re trying to just play the same way, try and get the next goal, which we were able to do, and it helps make the job a little bit easier.
On the hardest thing to get back after injury
Maybe a little bit of the timing. Obviously, you’re not in all the practices, so it’s hard to work on gaps or changing up and down with speed, so takes a little bit to get into it. We had a good job with our training staff, all the strength and conditioning guys, to try and make sure we are as ready as we can be for coming back.

Jim Hiller
On a 5-for-5 performance on the penalty kill

They did an outstanding job and I thought actually our penalty kill got better as the game wore on. I thought, in the crunch time at the end, we were outstanding. We shared the puck, we won big faceoffs, but it’s too many.
On Kempe’s performance tonight and his game-winning goal
I thought that was his best game since I can remember. I thought he was extremely physical, he was fast, he just played a 200-foot game. You know you hear about that a lot, a 200-foot game, he was physical, he was a leader and that was all before he scored. Then, to see him score that goal, we’ve seen that goal many times, him down the wing and just snap it. All in all, just a really, really strong game.
On the approach coming into a game against a team on a long winning streak
We make them aware of it, you always want to know where your opponent’s at and they’re playing really well, but coming out of that Dallas game, and I’ve talked about this a lot, we really focus on our team. Not that we didn’t mention the Islanders and the fact that they were on the streak, but it was really about us getting back and answering the question, “how desperate can we be for one another?”
On Mikey Anderson’s game in his return to the lineup
I had a count of four times where he had just a really good stick to break up what would have been really dangerous plays. I know he had a couple of hits, he was physical on Barzal, but I just have a vision of four times where just a quick stickcheck to break up a pass across, that’s what he does so well. He goes unheralded sometimes because it’s not the offensive things as much the defensive things that he does.
On David Rittich coming in after six games out and putting up a shutout
David had played well prior, but Talbs was going good, so we were riding him, but it was David’s time. You always worry when a guy’s been out that long, how’s he going to get back into the game, well man, he answered that for us tonight, didn’t he? That’s a great performance, when you see a goalie come in after being out that long and being able to play a game like that.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-G65-KF.png

2024-G65-KD.png

2024-G65-KGI.png

============

BLUES PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G65-BF.png

2024-G65-BD.png

2024-G65-BG.png

Former Kings Draft Pick

Brayden Schenn
2024-G65-BSchenn.png

==============

GOALIE COMPARISON

Blues
2024-G65-Blues-Goal.png
Kings
2024-G65-Kings-Goal.png

WILD CARD STANDINGS

2024-G65-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

*Today’s Poll Question*

At what TIME of the game will the GAME WINNING GOAL be scored?
you can take 3 guesses (use min:sec of the ___ period format or choose SO)
+/-3:00 = 1 pt, +/- 2:00 = 2 pts, +/- 1:00 = 3 pts, +/- :30 = 4 pts
correct guess of SO = 3 pts

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed a goal differential of 3 and/or were within +/-2 mins of 13:06 of the third:

Goal diff (1 pt):

SirJW
Chateau Bow Wow
Cross Traffic
DRice
DRGinLBC
beady eye
VegasHockey
forum gold
dannybuoy1
AngelEyes
Rogie-Vachon