GDT ***LA Kings @ Tampa Bay Lightning GDT 1/9/24 4:00pm on BSW***

Then you saw the kill two penalties and quit. They were good in the first two periods. They thought they won after the second kill and just stopped giving a sh*t.
Okay. At least they didn’t look like that all game. For what it’s worth…

I am talking in general all game. But if you want to talk about the goal, just watcched it again now and Prebix already had a step moving forward by the time Moore turned. I do not blame the play on him. Could have happened to anyone.
Watch it again. Moore was caught watching the puck and not his man. That’s how Perbix got the jump on him.

PLD's overtime performance was absolutely embarrassing. Gutless, heartless, minimal effort BS. The guy was overrated and this trade has exposed him. ANOTHER 2-0 lead squandered in the third. Kings down bad. Going to the game on Thursday, hope they figure it out...
I’m going to Avs game here in Denver on the 26th and am hoping they figure it out by then for Gods sake

Well, on the bright side, of all the goals scored by Tampa, none were from ex-Kings players this time in this game (though Eyssimont did record an assist on Motte's goal). :p

With any luck PDL will demand a trade
Bergevin will need to get picked up as GM somewhere first. Then we have a chance.

Also, outside chance Salt Lake City. If NHL expands to Quebec our chances improve significantly.

Watch it again. Moore was caught watching the puck and not his man. That’s how Perbix got the jump on him.
Exactly, you have to be reading the play constantly. Moore was the guy covering the slot and he drifted high and got blown by. That is on Moore all day every day.

Watching PLD get out muscled by Hagel on the tying goal all the while Grundy just whiffed on the puck was epic. Why not take the body Grundy? Maybe he thought PLD's big body would have knocked Hagel off the puck.

Then you saw the kill two penalties and quit. They were good in the first two periods. They thought they won after the second kill and just stopped giving a sh*t.
Early this season this never happened they closed games out that has absolutely vanished

With any luck PDL will demand a trade
Who the hell would want him? I kinda felt for the guy. Get stuck in Columbus, finally get your way out and get sent to Winnipeg? I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Easy to be a little bummed, but if he can’t get motivated here, he’s clearly the problem. And he’s a HUGE problem for this team right now. His contract is gonna destroy everything they worked to rebuild. Hope he proves me wrong at some point.

Well, on the bright side, of all the goals scored by Tampa, none were from ex-Kings players this time in this game (though Eyssimont did record an assist). :p
It’s a guarantee that any player with a past association will get a point or .930+ save percentage against this team. 🔒

You blame your least favorite player or defend your favorite player tonight but it was a complete team meltdown. After those great kills they let the lightning take control nearly every shift. Who is the leader on this team when there is adversity? Line changes are not resolving the issue of leadership, losing leads in the third is inexcusable.

You blame your least favorite player or defend your favorite player tonight but it was a complete team meltdown. After those great kills they let the lightning take control nearly every shift. Who is the leader on this team when there is adversity? Line changes are resolving the issue of leadership, losing leads in the third is inexcusable.

Well, I didn't single out a certain player on my latest rant, but yeah, indeed the whole team collapsed when it mattered the most and Todd's already outdated coaching style has been well-scouted by other teams for years now, yet he still hasn't gotten the memo to adapt to today's game and thinks his old ways can still persevere (to be fair, Darryl Sutter was hit hard with this accusation too during his second tenure with Calgary, but I kinda digress).

With Kopitar captaining this team, the Kings are as soft as plush toys. If Brown were still with the team and not had his 'C' taken away from him, LA would definitely still be a team that is difficult to play against. Maybe Doughty should be given the 'C' even though his whiny attitude may not be a good look for the team, despite it being potentially better than Kopi's soft-as-the-Sedins style of leadership.

FWIW, since were all jumping in here with blame... here's how i saw things.

• 1st goal- Lafferriere tries to carry teh puck up. Gets pinched, falls down. Turns teh puck over just before the red line. Kings get caught expecting the puck in deep. Cant recover.

• 2nd goal - Gavrikov makes the decision to be aggressive at the blueline. Gets his man, but the puck gets in deep to Hagel. Grundstrom gets undressed by a great individual effort. Goal against.

• OT - Puck is on it's way out. Then it isnt. Moore got greedy. Turnover. Last guy back out of position. Game over.

Blaming the coach or the structure is, i think, missing the forrest for the trees. This was a series of individual mistakes that lead to goals against at really unfortunate moments. Also, this was probably the most physical game i can remember seeing from the kings in quite a while. They didnt play soft. They simply made mistakes at the worst possible moments. Execution matters. At the end of the day, the players play. Maybe a time out could have somehow calmed some nerves, but i dont really think players were out of position because of structure, so much as they made mistakes late in the game. The structure didnt fail. It was all on the players.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't single out a certain player on my latest rant, but yeah, indeed the whole team collapsed when it mattered the most and Todd's already outdated coaching style has been well-scouted by other teams for years and he still hasn't gotten the memo to adapt to today's game and thinks his old ways can still persevere (To be fair, Darryl Sutter was hit hard with this accusation too during his second tenure with Calgary, but I kinda digress).

With Kopitar captaining this team, the Kings are as soft as plush toys. If Brown were still with the team and not had his 'C' taken away from him, LA would definitely be a team that is difficult to play against.
On the other hand this team was playing well under his system until six games ago, the entire league didn’t figure this out in the last six games. It’s execution that is lacking, not protecting in front of the net, lack of effort on the forecheck, playing offense on the boards without driving to the net. Ever since Todd got here he’s been the scapegoat for many, no one gave credit during the great start this year. Let’s all be fair, he’s not on the ice and the futility of this team in the last six games is in the on the players

On the other hand this team was playing well under his system until six games ago, the entire league didn’t figure this out in the last six games. It’s execution that is lacking, not protecting in front of the net, lack of effort on the forecheck, playing offense on the boards without driving to the net. Ever since Todd got here he’s been the scapegoat for many, no one gave credit during the great start this year. Let’s all be fair, he’s not on the ice and the futility of this team in the last six games is in the on the players
Nonsense, it's time to PANIC.

Well sure, if you're thinking rationally - But we're pissed and our pitchforks are sharpened and our torches are blazing - we demand that heads roll!

Back
Top Bottom