Last Movie Watched

Waxworks, not as scary as when I was 6, still a good time with a large amount of hysterical head injuries and 80's special effects.

6300182878.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last DVD/movie I saw was Ultimate Avengers (direct to DVD animated from Marvel).

I read the initial Ultimates arc a few years back, so I thought the movie was "OK", but short (~70 mins) and unfocused storywise (it mainly deals with Cap's history) and sprinkles-in some of the other 7 heroes.

Strangely, even after seeing it, I'm not sure who the movie is aimed at besides Marvel fans... the original comic pushed a Mature rating and this DVD was only PG, and I don't really think kids would find this one very interesting. Episodes of JLU have been done better than this.

This is only the first of 4 (or is it 8?) animated movies planned by Marvel, so hopefully things get better from here.

chaingunsofdoom said:
Last DVD/movie I saw was Ultimate Avengers (direct to DVD animated from Marvel).

I read the initial Ultimates arc a few years back, so I thought the movie was "OK", but short (~70 mins) and unfocused storywise (it mainly deals with Cap's history) and sprinkles-in some of the other 7 heroes.

Strangely, even after seeing it, I'm not sure who the movie is aimed at besides Marvel fans... the original comic pushed a Mature rating and this DVD was only PG, and I don't really think kids would find this one very interesting. Episodes of JLU have been done better than this.

This is only the first of 4 (or is it 8?) animated movies planned by Marvel, so hopefully things get better from here.

As a fan of Ultimates, I've been tempted to check this out, but your review is like most that I've read. And since I'm not an Avengers fan, really, I think I'll just skip it.

Going with the two Doctors of lgk, The Thing has been getting played, played and more played on the Encore channels and it is probably John Carpenter's most complete film. Halloween was great as a first start and The Fog was good as well but The Thing was his best movie IMHO.

Also rented Cinderella Man, which I thought was quite good. Oh and Cold Mountain has been on Encore quite a lot lately and I liked the acting and story in that movie.

The last movie I watched was on HBO. Elephant. Got all kinds of hype and I thought it ****ing blew.

Hatter said:
The last movie I watched was on HBO. Elephant. Got all kinds of hype and I thought it ****ing blew.

as did i... what a serious piece of profound dross that was.

In the theaters: Curious George.

On DVD: The 40-year-Old Virgin.

roenick said:
The Thing ... is probably John Carpenter's most complete film. Halloween was great as a first start and The Fog was good as well but The Thing was his best movie IMHO.

What about "They Live"?!?!?

B0000AOX0F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

25th Hour. Pretty damn good. I would've done some things differently, but that pretty much goes for every movie I've seen. Plus I thing Edward Norton is a great actor.

eric bana

Also, Eric Bana is a pimp. He's cool in every movie he's made. Even the ****ty ones.[/QUOTE]

haven't seen it yet, but bana...*droolz* that voice! luved him in troy. maybe he wouldnt be as appealing without that accent cuz otherwise, he'd be peja stojakovic.:eek:rc:

"hustle & flow"--loved it. love terence howard--second best thing about "crash" after, well, lorenz tate. kinda wished they came up with that song.
"brokeback" i left completely pissed off. not cuz i hated the performances or was bummed about the lack of hot gay cowboy love, but it sucked how sad it was.
"fun with dick 'n jane" HI-larious. can totally relate to being broke. *shudders at the thought of working in a corporate environment*
"shopgirl" so cute. jason schwartzman's that guy we've all dated.

favorite movie of last year hasta be "walk the line". seen it twice and that says a lot for my broke ass. surpassed my already high expectations. watch it, buy it, get the soundtrack. even though i'm usually totally annoyed by reese, she was so loveable. amazed at how great they sing. i heart bob dylan, so it was rad that they sang it ain't me babe.

lemme know how ultraviolet and v for vendetta are--my grrrlfriend's in the movie, but i got books to buy. does anyone know how eight below was? i'm dying to see it. unless one of those dogs die. i only cry for animal stories. can't watch animal planet.

This weekend I watched:

Elizabeth Town - I thought it was a lame movie about shoes and a son collecting his father's ashes.

Monster In Law- Funny movie. Jane Fonda still looks great at her age and can make you laugh.

King of NY said:
Just saw
walktheline_bigearly.jpg

Highly recommended.

Just finished watching this movie. I concur. My new favorite movie. I never realized they had other relationships and went through so much to finally be together.

I saw "The Upside of Anger" and found it quite entertaining. Good Kevin Costner film with a twist.

I watched David Cronenberg's "Rabid" for the first time last night.

223407.jpg

That movie was awesome. Very Cronenberg. Marilyn Chambers is hot. Also watched Pulse.

257699.jpg

Quite possibly the creepiest movie I've ever seen. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom